Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

CCC-TT's 2JZ-GE to 1JZ-GTE swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 10:56 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hey could you please do my a favor and show me how your blow off valve, i saw yours isnt stock just wondering how its done
Old 10-04-07, 07:08 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZ300
lovin the progress...when is the single coming??
it wont be coming for a long while, ive got other things to spend money on to have a well balanced car, suspension, weight reduction, looks, etc.

Originally Posted by Biggu
hey could you please do my a favor and show me how your blow off valve, i saw yours isnt stock just wondering how its done

Old 10-04-07, 07:19 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

a wire buffer will make that thing look awesome.
Old 10-04-07, 07:23 PM
DominicAN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trying to keep bobby focused on doing it right vs rushing it can be difficult but in the end i think he'll appreciate taking the time to do it right. I would like to say however that if i ever meet the idiot who drained the gear lube on this car last ima shove the 17mm wrench he shoulda used where the sun dont shine. tight means tight not tighten to infinity and beyond
Old 10-04-07, 07:23 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

i tried it on the intake manifold, i'll br trying it on more of it later
Old 10-04-07, 07:34 PM
DominicAN
Rookie

if any of you are interested in the parts that came out please be sure to pm CCC-TT

in the parts available he also has a used mk4 Supra cruise control module without the cable, oem sc300 throttle cable and of course the whole GE motor just to name a few
Old 10-04-07, 07:51 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ahh i see how how it is down now its just got a block off plate with a new bov in it
Old 10-05-07, 07:21 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

i can feel it...
Old 10-06-07, 07:05 AM
DominicAN
Rookie

of course having not seen or heard the car since wednesday the first thing he asks me to do yesterday is..."turn it on ...i just wanna hear it!.."

we didnt stay long just because homecoming game was starting and he didnt wanna miss it so naturally since this is his sole mode of transport and its down i gladly drove him to the game. Which his school won in OT...game was pretty weak but atleast they have something to celebrate at the homecoming dance tonight. We wont be back to finish the car till tomorrow...i could use the day's break

we have a few lil issues we just dont have the tools and abilities to complete so the plan is to put the car back together, drive it to tampa and have driven concepts complete those tasks that are beyond our abilities. We need a custom throttle cable bracket made, theres a leak coming from the water pump and the car needs some minor exhaust welding work aside from that we have the rest covered. The car runs great and im happy with the level of work us two 1jz n00ds did

Last edited by DominicAN; 10-06-07 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-06-07, 10:50 AM
twin lex
Driver

Originally Posted by got_trd
Congrats I need to get mine back together now
Yes sir you do
Old 10-08-07, 08:27 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

ugh!!!. i really want to get this finished but the stupid *** water pump is slowing things down quite a bit. everything else is pretty trivial, but im stuck driving around in my moms civic for a couple days, and boy is that thing slow!!! lol.
Old 10-08-07, 01:50 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

is that the only hold up now?
Old 10-08-07, 02:11 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

^that and tranny fluid and the tach signal and a kinked coolant hose, but the water pump is the main issue.^
Old 10-08-07, 08:35 PM
DominicAN
Rookie

basically the issues are:

-fill bolt for trans was put on too tight so instead of rounding it off on the tranny we'd like to allow a properly tooled shop to handle that.

-theres a kinked coolant line on the back side of the engine bay that we cant get to now that its all in. I think it may have something to do with the next issue

-water pump leaks coolant from where the pulley attaches to the pump while engine is running

-gotta address tachometer and coolant temp wiring changes so that the cluster reads properly

-airbag light is on

-have to address starter issue, we have to wire a seperate wire to actually engage the starter once the key is in the on position

- we need to have a bracket custom fabricated to hold throttle and cruise cables at the throttle body

otherwise the car runs and is all back together just had it towed to a local shop to address a few of the concerns, would have driven it there had we been able to add gear oil.
Old 10-08-07, 08:54 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the 1j club.

you will be able to solve these problems no problem,

- trans bolt get a good socket and a breaker bar and your good.
- that kinked line get it fixed, that same line I didnt have the hose clamped on good and one day it popped off and coolant everywhere all over the engine bay, on my coilpacks etc. it was a mess
- tach you know to solder the wire and temp you have to ground the wire.
- reset airbag
- for starter i ran a wire from the IG2 under the steering wheel to the starter signal wire in the engine bay, and it starts normally with the key

lets hope your next thread will not be I cant rev my car past 2500K lool or my engine wont rev past 4000K

Good luck guys

Quick Reply: CCC-TT's 2JZ-GE to 1JZ-GTE swap