Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What upgrades could you do with $2,500?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-07, 07:48 PM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are awesome anybody from Southern Cali here? I'd love to get some help from you veterns.

I love the NA-T idea but a 1JZ and 2JZ sounds cool but costly. You guys all rock, keep the suggestions coming!
Old 10-09-07, 07:55 PM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

Any websites or reccomended places/shop in san diego where i can buy 1JZ/2JZ or NA-t Kits in So CAL? I'm in no rush and love the different ideas you guys are coming up with. My only experience with cars is a 67 mustang coupe. an ol ford V6 is a far cry from the v6 v6 turbo and lexus v8's you all drive.

I'm impressed
Old 10-09-07, 11:16 PM
Jpn_kid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much hp does that xs give ya? anyone have experience from it? does it run well? thanks
Old 10-10-07, 07:04 AM
CDY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jpn_kid
how much hp does that xs give ya? anyone have experience from it? does it run well? thanks
up to 450whp on a stock setup w/ headgasket + fuel controller, 550whp with upgraded fuel system. It's a T61 turbo, .84 a/r, I believe.

XSPower on ClubNA-T
Old 10-10-07, 08:15 AM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gabegtz84
Any websites or reccomended places/shop in san diego where i can buy 1JZ/2JZ or NA-t Kits in So CAL? I'm in no rush and love the different ideas you guys are coming up with. My only experience with cars is a 67 mustang coupe. an ol ford V6 is a far cry from the v6 v6 turbo and lexus v8's you all drive.

I'm impressed

Well here are some general websites that you can check out to further improve your knowledge on going Na-t or 1jz swap. Also some sites that you can purchase the parts from (There are more but this will get you started) Also if you are looking to do the 1j swap, Call up J-hot imports or Jarco. Both are great companies to work with

www.clubna-t.com
www.supraforums.com
www.mvpmotorsports.com
www.boostwerx.com
www.manictechracing.com
www.935motorsports.com
Old 10-10-07, 09:05 PM
Jpn_kid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CDY
up to 450whp on a stock setup w/ headgasket + fuel controller, 550whp with upgraded fuel system. It's a T61 turbo, .84 a/r, I believe.

XSPower on ClubNA-T
are u serious? your talking about the 2jz-ge kit? or the 2jz-gte kit. thats a good deal if its for the ge. thanks
Old 10-10-07, 09:54 PM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

Good looking out Atekt, way to help a guy out!
Old 10-10-07, 10:16 PM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

if the ge can make numbers like that i'll think ill go ge-t
Old 10-11-07, 08:49 AM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Good looking out Atekt, way to help a guy out!
Anytime brotha!
Old 10-11-07, 04:33 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnar
I'd go with bigger than 440's as far as injectors go. I honestly don't have much money at all in my 67mm turbo kit and I'm just an intercooler and piping away from having it completed. If you're patient and don't mind forum hunting you can pull deals like you wouldn't believe, if you have the money to move on them when you see them.
And thats always the hardest part lol; having the money still when you see the great deals since you didnt have the patience in the first place and bought the first thing you found lol.
Old 10-11-07, 05:19 PM
CDY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jpn_kid
are u serious? your talking about the 2jz-ge kit? or the 2jz-gte kit. thats a good deal if its for the ge. thanks
Yeah, that's for the 2JZ-GE... practically the same block, just higher comp pistons, thinner head gasket and no oil squirters. Both the GE and GTE blocks can hold up to ~1000hp on stock internals.
Old 10-11-07, 08:42 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

I'm impressed
I would say get a turbo motor 1j or 2j 1j is cheaper and to me i trust the reliability of a turbo motor more. Pandagarage.com there in san diego and can get all that stuff. probably most of the stuff you will need and there way legit if you get a motor from them in will be in damn good condition. I also know a guy in the diamond bar area that really knows his stuff. Shop is called Kaizen pm me i can get you all his info he knows toyota everything

Last edited by BLovesc; 10-11-07 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-11-07, 09:09 PM
CDY
Pole Position

Keep in mind, a gte motor even on stock boost is probably less reliable than a properly built/tuned na-t motor. The stock SMIC doesn't cool as well as most aftermarket FMIC's and the stock 2JZGTE turbo's are ceramic so they shatter after a while from heat stress. Factory 2JZ's do give you a slightly wider powerband at 8-14psi though.

Emphasis on "properly built/tuned."
Old 10-11-07, 09:28 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Yes Stock turbos on every good motor ever build suck minus a s15 sr. IMO I think a gte motor is just safer and once built has more potential than a ge motor. I dont like to play that lets see how long it holds game. Rather it be reliable since he has the cash too. Oil squirters for pistons and extra oil galleys and cooling couldnt be bad right? Im assuming that since thats what toyota did from the factory
Old 10-13-07, 11:19 AM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

Are 1JZ's that much easier to install then the 2J's?

Quick Reply: What upgrades could you do with $2,500?