Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Here we go... new engine and FI stuff on the way!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-07, 11:46 AM
seeya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that dual is a cleaner look. If it was only driven on the weekends and I didn't want to drive it ocasionally to a clients office I would go single, but this is a multipurpose vehicle
Old 10-14-07, 12:11 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seeya
I agree that dual is a cleaner look. If it was only driven on the weekends and I didn't want to drive it ocasionally to a clients office I would go single, but this is a multipurpose vehicle
Yupppp Just looks more classy to me.
Old 10-15-07, 11:50 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLovesc
Like I said it was my opinion. I think dual exhaust looks 10x cleaner and I diddnt recomendit he was asking for what kind of dual exhaust to look for. He also stated he wanted an Aem.Yea but once he goes past 550s hes gonna need a better tuning system might as well get a good one from the start. So next time read the whole thing before you try and disprove me or whatever your trying to do. Orc makes a good clutch exedy, cusco. all make good hypersingles. Like I said its all my personal opinion you can think whatever you want
Exedy and cusco make clutches for the 5-speed? Who is Orc? Whats a hypersingle?

Dual exhaust may look cleaner or better to you but its pretty common-knowledge that it sounds really bad. The single with angled exit on the SC looks REALLY good if its done right; same goes with duals. Recommended GTE mufflers? You realize the stock GTE Supra had a single exhaust right? Are you talking about using aftermarket mufflers in general? Why did you specify GTE mufflers?

I would say an AEM is pointless below 720 injectors and other associated mods.

I did read the whole thing; I think most of what you said is personal opinion without much fact. You claimed a benefit of the AEM is that you can use it on other cars; well thats not a benefit; its much easier to use a MAP ECU on another car. Exedy and Cusco don't make 5 speed clutches as far as I know; only 6-speeds and possibly R154s and even if they do I'm sure it wouldnt be within a price range to make it worth it at all. He claimed a 6-speed was a future mod and not a current one and you said there are a lot of clutches available; which there arent. There are VERY few clutches that will withstand around 400-500ft-lbs on the W58.

I'm not trying to "disprove" you; but the OP is asking good questions about what he/she should do and your advice has a few holes in it (as good-spirited as it may be).
Old 10-15-07, 01:57 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I meant to put get not gte my bad. and Aem is a little much but if he uses injectors past a 550 then he will need it. Exedy, Blitz and cusco make 5 speed clutches Orc (Ogura Racig Clutch) Japanese company makes really good stuff. most companies call a hyper single the package that comes with the flywheel. I said he can use the aem on other cars as in he has had lots of cars with jz motors so if thats the case he can use it again if he gets another car.

Last edited by BLovesc; 10-15-07 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-16-07, 07:09 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

for clutch get a Centerforce Dual Friction. DF522018 its the MKIII NA Clutch. It will hold 500ftlbs of torque on the W58. The trans will not hold that though lol!