Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ - Cannot Rev Pass 3000 RPMS - Need Guru.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-07, 09:29 AM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my sc is a 1992 sc300 5 speed
Old 12-16-07, 09:44 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

that might be it, sc250tt said it was for 95-97 sc300's. If i'm mistaken please correct me.
Old 12-16-07, 10:48 AM
shlounek
Lead Lap

no that is what he said, but prolly the wire is located in the same place but a different color. Did you by chance now what that wire was for. or where it went.

I have a lexus TSRM so I can look it up for the 92's but i need to know what purpose it signifies.
Old 12-16-07, 11:18 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

i actually have no idea what it does, when i cut it it was all blind hoping that what he told me would work, i still havent gotten around to finding out what it does.
Old 12-16-07, 12:17 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got back from a drive in his car. Badass is all I can say.
Old 12-16-07, 04:14 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

well i now i am certain its something to do with the STA and IGSW switches, CCC-TT just tell which pin you d/c on the white body plug is it the black wire with orange stripe.

Help is appreciated, I have wiring diagrams so I am trying to find out which pin you d/c so I can find it on the 92 sc
Old 12-16-07, 04:48 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
I just got back from a drive in his car. Badass is all I can say.
Bobby, I am happy for you. You have worked so diligently, and the hardships you have gone through have to make spinning that motor to 7k rpm that much sweeter.

Now, you can start taking your time and wisely investing the money you save to make that motor scream. It has to be very confidence inspiring to have a motor under your hood very capable of making 500whp with the right modifications...none of which include a bottom end rebuild.
Old 12-16-07, 06:56 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Originally Posted by shlounek
well i now i am certain its something to do with the STA and IGSW switches, CCC-TT just tell which pin you d/c on the white body plug is it the black wire with orange stripe.

Help is appreciated, I have wiring diagrams so I am trying to find out which pin you d/c so I can find it on the 92 sc
i'll check tomorrow when i get off school, it will be around 11ish cause of exams, the wire i cut was a solid black wire with little silver paint drips or dots on it, not the black with orange stripe. It was towards the top of the body plug, stuck in the middle of that small clump of wires, dont worry, i'll let you know tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Blizzy
Bobby, I am happy for you. You have worked so diligently, and the hardships you have gone through have to make spinning that motor to 7k rpm that much sweeter.

Now, you can start taking your time and wisely investing the money you save to make that motor scream. It has to be very confidence inspiring to have a motor under your hood very capable of making 500whp with the right modifications...none of which include a bottom end rebuild.
thanks for the kind words, its very rewarding to know that i was able to get this whole swap done by just me a couple friends who had no idea what we were doing as far as 1jz's go. i think about all the money it cost, but its really no different than paying to go to an amusement park for thrills, except i get it whenever i want lol, it was definitely worth it. Now i just have to start saving money to go faster, problem now is that i accidentaly burnt up the last little bit of tread left on my rear tires so i gotta pick up some new ones. I think i'm going to be saving up for a ct26 single kit and aim for around 400hp, but who knows where that will go.
Old 04-13-08, 11:30 PM
omariffin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1JZ - Cannot Rev Pass 3000rpm

Hi All
I'm having same problem on my 1jz from Mark II to my Skyline r32. Can someone describe more details which `black wire' from ecu to cut-off.
Old 07-10-08, 03:46 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, it seems this was left half way after they figured it out
Old 07-11-08, 12:16 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=325112
Look here about 3/4 down on the first post. There's a wire to cut.
Old 07-11-08, 05:49 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OneJay
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=325112
Look here about 3/4 down on the first post. There's a wire to cut.
just just says the color of the wire not the pin location which is important because apparently different years varies
Old 07-11-08, 07:50 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default re:

he doesn't even really have to TRACE the wire, if he has his service manuals as well, he can do what you were going to do, and just say where it goes on both ends, and we'll just track it down in our books. . .

PLEASE
i believe this is causing a problem for my power fc, but not my oem ecu for some reason
Old 07-11-08, 09:01 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
just just says the color of the wire not the pin location which is important because apparently different years varies
On 95's its a black wire on pin #10.
Old 07-11-08, 03:53 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ConSynX
he doesn't even really have to TRACE the wire, if he has his service manuals as well, he can do what you were going to do, and just say where it goes on both ends, and we'll just track it down in our books. . .

PLEASE
i believe this is causing a problem for my power fc, but not my oem ecu for some reason
you think since he power fc was meant for manual tranny their is something interfering.
oh wait is yours manual Consynx ?

Quick Reply: 1JZ - Cannot Rev Pass 3000 RPMS - Need Guru.