Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Project 1jz Boosted

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07, 01:52 PM
dis 4 duc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for helping me or trying.... i know what i am going against, that why i put those number down ... nothing in life is free and almost everythng cost money ... i already average out building my car inside out.....i came in this forum to get everyone suggestion to see what i can do and what not to do... and what my error of mistakes.... so if yall can help me out it would be very thankful....

so what will i have to do if i bought the wrong ECU and tranny?
Old 10-31-07, 03:11 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300gte

Regardless, all i was saying was please don't post unless you have personal experience. It makes it difficult to weed through relevant information on the forum, and is how rumors get started.

(Quick example is how for years people were swapping out the GE bottom end for the GTE even though they are nearly the same strength.)
I do not have first-hand knowlege of the 1jz although I have been on these forums for MANY years. I was in the SC section way before anyone even had come up with the thought of dropping the 1jz into the SC.

At one stage I had planned on doing the 1jz swap and read extensively on it. I know of VERY few people who have made 600rwhp on their 1jz. I would be interested in reading up on people on this forum who have achieved these goals... I can't think of any off-hand.

I completely understand what you are saying, and I agree. Although what you guys have said, and what I have seen do differ. I am guessing you are speaking from experience, so tell me, and the OP about your car so we can both be more enlightened. (I am not being sarcastic, I am serious.) I am eager to learn more about this platform reaching such levels. I looked at your thread for your car and it looks great. Do you plan on getting to 600rwhp reliably on your setup? Also, at what price would this take to reach these goals?

Regards,
Jonny

Last edited by Dx3; 10-31-07 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-31-07, 04:41 PM
sc300gte
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3
I do not have first-hand knowlege of the 1jz although I have been on these forums for MANY years. I was in the SC section way before anyone even had come up with the thought of dropping the 1jz into the SC.

At one stage I had planned on doing the 1jz swap and read extensively on it. I know of VERY few people who have made 600rwhp on their 1jz. I would be interested in reading up on people on this forum who have achieved these goals... I can't think of any off-hand.

I completely understand what you are saying, and I agree. Although what you guys have said, and what I have seen do differ. I am guessing you are speaking from experience, so tell me, and the OP about your car so we can both be more enlightened. (I am not being sarcastic, I am serious.) I am eager to learn more about this platform reaching such levels. I looked at your thread for your car and it looks great. Do you plan on getting to 600rwhp reliably on your setup? Also, at what price would this take to reach these goals?

Regards,
Jonny

Unfortunately, clublexus does not have too many member reaching the 500whp goal. My setup with cams, a standalone, and some more fuel upgrades should be close to 500whp. In its current state it is good for right around 400whp. The difference between a 500whp setup and a 600whp setup is quite a bit. It means upgraded fuel system (more thank just mkiv 550cc's), and a larger single turbo. Of course, you cannot forget the transmission limitations. If you read on supraforums in the 1jz specific section you will see some high numbers out of mkIII guys with 1jz's. 500whp isn't uncommon over there.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=305759 Theres a list of some high hp 1jz's. There are 9 listed over 500whp there. You are right in saying there are very few people who have made the 600whp goal. But, I have a feeling that number is going to go up within the next few years. Now that the rumors are gone, and the potential of the 1jz has been proven, more and more people will shoot for big numbers!
Old 10-31-07, 05:48 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

just focus on what you need for your swap, its a pretty big task im still finishing mine, once you get that I say mess around with some bolt on stuff get a feel for it and save up and when your ready then upgrade it.. take one step at a time and worry about your 600whp after you get settled in with the swap besides you can have plenty of fun with less hp.. good luck. and damn i need a map sensor.
Old 10-31-07, 08:48 PM
dis 4 duc

yeah that what im planning on doing , im saving up and spend a long time putting this together... i dont care if it takes two year ... when im done i will just have something to look forward too
Old 10-31-07, 09:02 PM
dis 4 duc

ohk i looked at my ECU and it has a 34P 22P 16P 28P so would that be the supra or soarer , when i look at the clubNa-t it look almost alike for the JZZ30
Old 11-01-07, 12:35 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dis 4 duc
i was debating on keeping this car or getting a civic hatch back ...

Before anything make sure that you've done some form of defensive driving course, these are an expensive car to learn in. Not to take a shot at you, but once these cars go around there's virtually no way to stop them and the parts aren't going to be Honda-cheap.

Now let's get on to the good stuff...

500~600hp... single turbo (maybe a TD06, 3037 or 3040 etc), cams (maybe forged pistons if the motor's going to be apart), upgraded fuel system, intercooler (probably with tube and fin core - said to be more efficient for higher power but I'm not sure), custom DP and cat to suit and boost control (or new engine management). Then the transmission will need to be rebuilt (depending on which gearbox you're using) and the brakes and suspension.

I'd spend the money on first making the SC handle and stop... no point having so much power if you can't safely exploit it.
Old 11-01-07, 03:08 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BLK13X

I'd spend the money on first making the SC handle and stop... no point having so much power if you can't safely exploit it.
That is a very good suggestion. Not a lot of people think about that stuff before attempting to put power down to the ground.

I personally got a new timing belt, tensioner, electric water pump, all pulleys and belts, replaced the valve seals and ordered cams before I even bought a turbo kit. That was just added power to keep me happy until I slap the kit on when I get out of Iraq. I will be working on my suspension and handling first, as there is no point in having ~500RWHP that doesn't stay on the ground.
Old 11-01-07, 05:10 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Congrats on the 1jz it's definately a learning experience. 600rwhp is very attainable with the right turbo and supporting mods. You could probably get low 500's with a good tune and single pump anything above that you will need dual pumps.
Old 11-01-07, 07:26 AM
dis 4 duc

thank you .... ^^^

as of right now my 1jz is all in part, im going to get the bottem end and head to get port and polished ... then im going to slowly build it up...
Old 11-01-07, 07:55 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not sure if many people have had the 1J head ported/polished, they seem to be quite efficient from factory (could be money better spent elsewhere... maybe a BB turbo set up?)
Old 11-01-07, 09:22 AM
1JZ300
Lexus Test Driver

theres alot to learn when it comes to driving and car and "driving" i car, anyone can drive a car but if you have a 500+ or even a 400+ HP car boosted, you need to know how to handle the car, not just going to the track and driving....learn the car, learn the power...know your car, and know you can handle the car no matter what......500+ will scare the **** out of you if your just starting to drive....

if you know this already than thats cool, just though id put my 2 sense in...

good luck with the swap and keep us updated
Old 11-01-07, 10:07 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzinbill
and to answer the question noone else has. to tell if it is a soarer 1j and not a supra 1j is quite simple. check the ecu plugs and refer to this link and the 5th post.http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showt...0&page=1&pp=30
great info
Old 11-01-07, 10:09 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
I

Coming soon Jonny..... coming soon..... Good to see you back around btw
Old 11-01-07, 11:01 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by got_trd
Coming soon Jonny..... coming soon..... Good to see you back around btw
Chino - sounds good man - I look forward to seeing your setup.

Glad to be back. Hope to be able to unleash my car pretty soon

Jonny