Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just got my MAF Adaptor from Importtoys

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-02, 12:49 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just got my MAF Adaptor from Importtoys

I just recieved my MAF Adaptor from Importtoys. I didn't get their filter b/c i want to get a K&N filter, but do not know what model # to get. If anyone has a cone K&N filter on their adaptor (mine has a 3" flange/opening), could u please tell me what model # u got. Thanks.
Old 01-21-02, 01:31 PM
SC3BOY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By MAF adaptor, do you mean the plate used to properly hook an aftermarket filter to your intake? I have had trouble finding one if that is what you mean.
Old 01-21-02, 01:45 PM
cupete
Pole Position

This is what I did, just go into an aftermarket auto shop and search for the K&N filter that will fit into the Adapter. I've been to Pepboys, AutoZone, etc, but had no luck in finding the right K&N filter. I have one laying in my house, I will go home and look for the part number, it's K&N X-Flo filter.

Peter~
Old 01-21-02, 02:04 PM
MatT3T4
Driver

I just used a $25 APC filter on mine. I had to jimmy it on a bit, but it fits VERY tight now, works excellently.

I didn't really notice a huge difference right away, but I have come to realize that the throttle response is MUCH better, and the power is a little better throughout. Throttle response REALLY got better though.

Old 01-21-02, 02:35 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How long did it take Importtoys to ship out that MAF adaptor from the time your ordered it?
Old 01-21-02, 02:54 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

Yeah, how long did it take for it to ship. I ordered one from importtoys 2 weeks ago, and still nothing. They didnt even give me a conformation of my purchase. i am a bit worried.
Old 01-21-02, 03:54 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Hey guys....i went to the local rice boy shop (ComputrWiz's advice) and they sold K&N filters. I got a K&N cone filter (model #: RU-3580) and it fits perfectly. Thanks for all the help.

SC3: I got mine from Importtoys.com for like $34. (this price includes shippng)

Dec: It took Importtoys about 2 wks. (actually 1 more day and it woulda been 2 weeks). I am loc. in TN. U could always PM Importtoys and ask him where ur MAF is. This is also about the time it took Mat to get his.

Chris: I would PM Importtoys and ask him about ur order. I got a ocnfirmation in my email. U can also go to Paypal and see if ur order went through by looking at ur history.

Hope this helps everyone and I am pleased w/ thrott;e response (a lot) and i think it helps performance as well.
Old 01-21-02, 03:56 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

BTW: Look for some pics soon (when i get the firewire for my dig. camcorder) I think it looks A LOT better than having that big black box in there.LOL
Old 01-21-02, 10:23 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What's does Importtoys post as. I'm new here. I ordered my MAF adaptor 4 days ago but I'm in no hurry to get just want to make sure Importtoys got my order so I want to pm him.
Old 01-21-02, 10:26 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by Deceptik1
What's does Importtoys post as.
"Importtoys"

Welcome to CL..........
Old 01-22-02, 06:47 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

WHEW!! I got my MAF today. It took about 2 weeks. I never got any conformation, but it came today. Now all I have to do is get a filter. I think i am going to order an Apex'i power intake, and "jimmy" rig it to fit.
Old 01-23-02, 12:40 PM
007lexus
Driver

Originally posted by ChrisSC300
WHEW!! I got my MAF today. It took about 2 weeks. I never got any conformation, but it came today. Now all I have to do is get a filter. I think i am going to order an Apex'i power intake, and "jimmy" rig it to fit.
hey chris or anyone?

is there a difference between the Apex'i and the K&N filter? I'm currently shopping for a filter which will fit on my MAF adaptor too.
Old 01-23-02, 01:31 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by 007lexus

hey chris or anyone?

is there a difference between the Apex'i and the K&N filter? I'm currently shopping for a filter which will fit on my MAF adaptor too.
K&N is a direct fit, Apexi allegedly is 1/4 inch too big and would require something to fill the gap.
Old 01-30-02, 04:46 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Originally posted by 007lexus

hey chris or anyone?

Yah, the Apex'i is a total dry filter vs a wet oil filter like the K&N is. Thus the Apex'i does not send oily vapor into your MAF and O2 sensors. In a test of quite a few filters, the Apex'i is perhaps the best filter doing what a filter is supposed to do... Filter crap out of the air before it gets into the engine.

Here is a website that shows test results of various power intake filters....

http://www.gtrowner.com/induction.html

Also there is a thread here all about how to fit the Apex'i onto a "standard" MAF adapter plate. Mine is fitted onto the ImportToys MAF... Here is the thread for the Apex'i fitment...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=31008

I hope you find these pointers helpful.
Old 01-30-02, 08:01 PM
Rob_O
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could one of you guys that hasn't installed your MAF adapter measure the bolt spacing for me? I have one laying around and wonder if it will bolt to the SC MAF

Rob_O

Quick Reply: Just got my MAF Adaptor from Importtoys