Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Vacuum help please!!! sc300

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-07, 10:39 AM
twizzler
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum help please!!! sc300

Hello, I took off my stock intake manifold on my sc300 and forgot to label the vacuum hoses and some of them pulled out wrong.

I looked at the vacuum diagram on the hood and it is just crap.

Can someone take pics of their stock intake manifold esp. the area closest to the firewall where the 5 vacuum ports come from underneath the manifold and show me where they go.

Or if someone could list where they go.

I bought alldata online and that was the biggest crap ever too.

Thanks for any help
Old 12-02-07, 12:32 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Old 12-02-07, 02:38 PM
twizzler
Rookie

Originally Posted by O. L. T.

Sorry, I didnt realize factory vacuum routing is listed as a performance question.
Maybe if i was asking a newb question like where do I splice into vacuum for a wastegate or BOV, but I am not!!

Maybe the SC400/300 models section should be changed to appearance/cosmetic than.

As, I would like help ASAP but I did not get any because my thread is now listed in the Performance section, thanks

And I already searched but these forums do not have a good technical background unlike ex. honda-tech which you could find step by step instructions for swapping a bseries or k series in a 12 year old car.

I found the same crappy picture on the bottom of the hood.

A haynes or chiltons manual is not offered for our cars or supras. I called lexus on friday and they have to order a fsm and would take 5-7 days spending $200 and all i need is for some input from someone that has stock vacuum.

I am not hating specifically, I just want my car to run right and the only problem is I was dumb and did not mark the vacuum and cannot find any good info.
Old 12-02-07, 02:51 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Looks like you missed that part that says ENGINE related threads go here.
Old 12-02-07, 03:18 PM
twizzler
Rookie

Thanks for the bump!!

Next time I will take note that I should go under the PERFORMANCE section first and factory vacuum routing should be next to performance ENGINE such as low comp. pistons, thicker headgaskets, turbo kits, superchargers, intakes, exhausts, torque converters etc.

Thanks O.L.T. for showing me the light, and pointing me in the right direction for help.

I also had another question, where should I add a thread if I have a question about a blown fuse for my headlights, because it doesn't really seem to fit in the performance section, or the suspension section, is it OK in the sc300/400 model section.

Grow up, I think this is why most people cant find good support on this forum, If you search and there are no answers, How will an answer ever be found if no one helps for the first time.

Kind of like when I swapped the getreg in my SC, I found out the factory transmission brace is slightly off, i pmed Supra dr and he told me the factory toyota transmission brace will in fact work and I was not wasting $180 for a sheet of aluminum with 8 holes. He is a great guy for helping out bc my he answered my question that could not be found searching.

I searched before hand and they all say you just need the tranny mount.

PS: did you also know the factory 5 speed w58 is the EXACT same length as the 6spd v160 getreg, there is some valuable information. The w58 uses a spline style where as the v160 uses a 4 bolt flange.

Last edited by twizzler; 12-02-07 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-02-07, 03:27 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe if you lost the attitude people would be more willing to help you

Jonny
Old 12-02-07, 03:33 PM
twizzler
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dx3
Maybe if you lost the attitude people would be more willing to help you

Jonny
Im just upset that I swapped the engine and tranny in the car and there is absolutely ZERO info on vacuum on this forum. I like this forum, I need the car running asap, and a thread about stock vacuum gets moved to ENGINE PERFORMANCE.

Its like everyone is so secretive on these forums, there is ABSOLUTELY no support

Thanks for your help to! I want someone to be able to search my thread Vacuum help please!!! sc300 and find out exactly where all the vacuum goes just by searching, as of right now, you cannot do that. Just know when i figure it out I will have pictures of where it all goes.
Old 12-02-07, 04:31 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

OK, the two top long ones. The longest one goes all the way to the passenger side fender/firewall and connects to the one that says purge. The one next to it goes to the HCV.

Jonny
Old 12-02-07, 04:36 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

It is dark and cold so this is the best I can do for now

Hope it helps,
Jonny
Old 12-02-07, 04:40 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by twizzler
and a thread about stock vacuum gets moved to ENGINE PERFORMANCE.
Let me put this another way since you keep on................

you don't want to do it our way......

looks like you need to read the newb thread again.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=266465
Third, I cannot stress this enough...... USE THE PROPER FORUM. Engine and drive train related threads go in the engine forum. Steering, suspension, and brake questions go in the suspension and brakes forum (go figure). We have to move so many threads due to improper posting you are likely going to get a tongue lashing if you repetitively do not put it in the correct forum.