Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

06 350Z gone, SC300 Turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07, 02:45 PM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Somy6
Dude what can i say. You said it all
I am going to do the test. If the motor is good then i will take that baby. I am interested in the XS turbo setup it seems to be much cheaper. But it seems like i am still screwed with the tranny situation. I need more power than 375WHP. My cousin is driving a built motor 350Z pushin 523WHP at 15 psi with the Greddy TT kit. I love his car and want mine to be close to that. Well i will do the test. If its all good then i will go for it. I cant wait. I think this might be one of my favourite car out of the ones i had. I have had really nice cars but when it came down to it i was never satisfied with the performance.

95 M3 (great all around car but a lil on the slow side)
2000 Mroadster (only for a girl)
2002 M3 6spd (stability sucks)
06 350Z (Totalled, glad i am still alive)
Turboed SC300 (cant freakin wait) WOOHOOO

I have a set of Volk SF-winning. They were on my Z but some how they are in perfect shape and dont ask me how. I love those wheels. Think they can fit on the SC?? they are 19x9.5FR+19 and 19x10.5R+17 and the bolt pattern is 5x114.3
Yes, No, Maybe????
Those wheels will definately fit our SC's with some fender modifications and will be super flush with the fender.
Old 12-11-07, 02:49 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzy
Truthfully, if you are fully aware of the parts required for a turbocharger set up, you could hawk the Supraforums classifieds and piece together a quality kit to make 400-500whp for under $4k.
Patience is definitely a key. I'm coming in just a hair shy of $1000 in my PT67 kit just from hawking the forums (here and SF) for hours a day at work.

But that's also been over the course of a little over a year, buying stuff as they came up.
Old 12-11-07, 03:17 PM
Somy6
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think i will actually install them with like a 245/30/19 tires in the front and 265/30/19 in the back. I think the least i can fit on the 10.5 wheel is a 275 tire but that might be too wide for the SC with that offset. I think Volks on that Sexxy machine would look hawt. Just added some photos of my ride before it was totalled. I have to post a picture of the steering wheel to show you who won. I think it was my face (thats offcourse after many surgeries)

Last edited by Somy6; 12-11-07 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-11-07, 04:02 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Sent you a PM. My 2JZGTE SC happens to be for sale
Old 12-11-07, 04:15 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sean

Welcome to CL.

Where in AZ are you located? We have somewhat of a movement started in the Phoenix area with http://www.lexaz.com/. We've got a couple of SCs rolling around down here.

We're planning to get together this weekend and you're welcome to join us. We can chat SCs all you want. Hope to hear from you.

Steve
Old 12-11-07, 04:32 PM
Somy6
Driver

Originally Posted by shern
Sean

Welcome to CL.

Where in AZ are you located? We have somewhat of a movement started in the Phoenix area with http://www.lexaz.com/. We've got a couple of SCs rolling around down here.

We're planning to get together this weekend and you're welcome to join us. We can chat SCs all you want. Hope to hear from you.

Steve
I am in Gilbert/Chandler Area (Arizona Ave/Warner). I would love to come out and meet up with some of you guys. Please let me know when and where you guys meet up. I might be taking out my cousins 350 to the track and we are planning on racing a single silver Turbo Supra here in AZ. Its really clean and had Volk GT wheels on it.
Old 12-11-07, 04:39 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

I am in Gilbert/Chandler Area (Arizona Ave/Warner). I would love to come out and meet up with some of you guys. Please let me know when and where you guys meet up. I might be taking out my cousins 350 to the track and we are planning on racing a single silver Turbo Supra here in AZ. Its really clean and had Volk GT wheels on it.
I live in Maricopa but work in Chandler. Travis and Zach live in Mesa so we're all in the East Valley.

Will do. I do know we're planning to meet and roll out to the meet in dedication to Alex, the kid that got killed in that murder suicide.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=322665

There is a possibility of a Pavillions meet. I hope to have my new shoes ready for this weekend.
Old 12-11-07, 04:52 PM
Somy6
Driver

I cant make that drive its early in the afternoon. I can make the pavs. Let me know if you guys and i can probably meet you guys there. Thanks for the invite
Old 12-13-07, 04:59 PM
Somy6
Driver

I think the head gasket is about $200 or so. Well how many hours does a shop normally charge to change out the head gasket??

Can i run boost for a couple of months without it??
Old 12-13-07, 07:36 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Can i run boost for a couple of months without it??
As long as you keep it under 10lbs, you should be safe on stock compression.

There are a handful of guys on the forum running a set up like this with either an FMU or an AFC or both. You can simply run a wastegate to regulate boost pressure.

To keep costs down at first and build the car up progressively, this is the way to do it.

Even at boost levels under 10psi, you can make over 300whp due to the stock compression ratio. CL Member Dryblaze is running either 6- or 9-psi in this video. It is very quick car (that wouldn't melt the tranny either).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXpSJt8h1Xc
Old 12-14-07, 12:58 PM
Somy6
Driver

Blizzy, I am not gonna have to send you money by paypal or something for all of this info am I??
Old 12-14-07, 04:41 PM
WDoherty
Pole Position

Somy6, I have always wondered about the safety of replacing factory steering wheels with "cooler" looking steering wheels, yet with no airbag and how dangerous this is. Do you wish you had had the airbag?
Old 12-14-07, 05:51 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WDoherty
Somy6, I have always wondered about the safety of replacing factory steering wheels with "cooler" looking steering wheels, yet with no airbag and how dangerous this is. Do you wish you had had the airbag?
I have a '98 Supra 3-spoke without the airbag hooked up. I wear my seatbelt so it doesn't bother me, personally.
Old 12-15-07, 02:32 AM
Somy6
Driver

If there is anything I can tell anyone is to never use aftermarket steering wheel. With how fast our cars are a seat belt is not enough. I had mine on and i still hit the steering wheel. I would have never went to the hospital, had 3 surgeries, or had to leave work for disability. I have almost no more bone in my face its pretty much metal. I had a 13 hour surgery just for the facial reconstruction. (painful, painful, painful).
I wish i had the airbag
Old 12-15-07, 06:30 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

If you're looking for an alternative to the oogly 4 spoke paving brick steering wheel and still want an airbag, the 3 spoke steering wheel from the 2001 Lexus RX300 will work. It is a rare animal in that it is wood, has three spokes and has a single stage airbag.

Lookie like this:

Quick Reply: 06 350Z gone, SC300 Turbo???