Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Time to join the 1jz club(pics are big sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-07, 10:40 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good!!
Old 12-27-07, 10:57 PM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

very nice...keep us updated on the progress!
Old 12-29-07, 11:20 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

so i did a little bit on the car and tryed to start it but didnt crank. no idea at all why it wouldnt but anyways i did a little bit more on the car and its looking alot more like a real car agian. i tryed to jump the neutral saftey switch maby it just needs to re wire the starter. because i got nothing out of it.

does any one know what that one is in the middle with the bandage on it or where it goes?
Old 12-30-07, 10:09 AM
Rexn30
Pole Position

ya it goes on the passenger side, theres 2 vaccums over there.
Old 12-30-07, 08:56 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

so i found out what everything goes to. did a little but more today. i mounted the power steering reservoir, fan controller, installed the radiator, and mounted the fans! the **** next to the battery is the **** for the fan controller. not trying to hide it but just keeping it hidden.

Old 12-30-07, 10:46 PM
253 Lexus
Driver School Candidate

MORE Pics !!!!!
Old 12-31-07, 08:20 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

so i did some more work on the Lexus today, i did get to wire up the car so i do not need the clutch to start the car and i did bypass the neutral safety switch so the car starts with the key and not push button. so there are a few other things left but i should be driving it here soon

heres a video of the first run of the car. turned over first try!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2fqy-g8uAc

Happy new years!!

also, as far as the tach goes the speedo is acting like that tach i gotta just do some wiring and it should be fine!
Old 12-31-07, 10:09 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy new years

What kind of fans are those and also didn't the 1JZ come stock with a hydrofan similar to the 1UZ motors?
Old 01-01-08, 05:51 AM
Durrr
Lead Lap

Hey, I have a similar situation with the previous owner cheaping out and now the car has rust where the window was replaced. How much did it cost you to get it fixed?
Old 01-01-08, 04:44 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Durrr
Hey, I have a similar situation with the previous owner cheaping out and now the car has rust where the window was replaced. How much did it cost you to get it fixed?
hey, i got mine fixed for free acutally. weird situation but basicly i did all the body and prep work myself rust wasnt to bad yet and i brought it to a buddys shop and he painted it, however the kicker is that when the glass company put in my new window they nicked the paint causing them to pay for the repair job i just did.

the fans on the car are from a stanza. =)

im hoping to drive the car here soon but we will see.
Old 01-01-08, 06:37 PM
96sc300tt
Rookie

looks like its coming along nicely. haha now all the stanza's in junk yards are going to be robbed! i know im going to go get some now...
Old 01-01-08, 06:54 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

well some news today. i ordered a front mount intercooler. i will probably be making a write up on how i bypassed the neutral start switch here soon. also im having a weird time with my tach. i have not done anything with it however when i rev the motor the speed side of the gauge runs like the RPM gauge. is this normal? also need to clear out the airbag light.

that is the car when i rev it up some. car is not in gear!
Old 01-02-08, 09:09 AM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to know how you bypassed the NSW, it look like your using a MT Soarer ECU, i am swapping my auto ecu to a m/t soarer ecu, and i think there is an extra wire to ground for the clutch pedal.

as for the tach, how did you wire it, did you just jump the R109 resistor on the back of the cluster, that is what i did and it worked fine.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Biggu
well some news today. i ordered a front mount intercooler. i will probably be making a write up on how i bypassed the neutral start switch here soon. also im having a weird time with my tach. i have not done anything with it however when i rev the motor the speed side of the gauge runs like the RPM gauge. is this normal? also need to clear out the airbag light.

that is the car when i rev it up some. car is not in gear!
Old 01-06-08, 10:40 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

so i did a bit more work on the car today. i remounted everything in the interior. installed a walbro 255lph that was from my miata so i had to swap out harness out. mounted the drive shaft, and exhaust. filled up the transmission. only things left to do is put on the front wheels, drop the car, wrap the wiring harness, install front mount, remount bumper, headlights and install hood and i will be good to go!
Old 01-07-08, 08:03 AM
thegadget
Driver

Question

Lookin good!! Hey, I wonder... About that speedo issue, it looks like the Speedo and the tach are really simular in values (RPM vers. MPH on the gauge, looks about 1000-800RPM or so at idle). I wonder if I use the speedo part of my other cluster as the tach if it will work correctly??? I know they are interchangable. That would be cool... Hrm.... I think I am going to try that... Anybody done that before?

Oh, here is the AIRBAG fix thread (one of them)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...airbag+warning

Last edited by thegadget; 01-07-08 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Time to join the 1jz club(pics are big sorry)