Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Want INSANE throttle response?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-07, 10:11 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by over40driv
I have plans to pull my trac.-control off as well. Did you go to the trouble to remove the extra plate in the throttle body? Im going to scrap my C.Control as well.

Yup, plate off, electronics out, pulled everything
Old 12-30-07, 11:02 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Yup, plate off, electronics out, pulled everything
The Toyota factory pulled mine for me by never installing it!
Old 12-30-07, 11:53 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Nice work on finding this. I am considering doing it tomorrow. My TRAC light came on a while back and my car hesitates like a mother... Wonder if by removing my TC it will go away... If I do this all I will share.
Old 12-30-07, 11:56 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

does mpg change wit this lil tweak?

also side thing..

why are marines n army using digital when Multicam is far superior? =/
Old 12-31-07, 02:42 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
why are marines n army using digital when Multicam is far superior? =/
You won't see them issued anytime soon, with Crye Associates not having a contract with the Government being the main reason.

Each uniform throughout the service branches has its meaningful purpose. Switching the entire Marine Corps (most likely to adapt to a new pattern) would be rather difficult. I say that because logistically, the Marine Corps. is the smallest self contained branch. Besides, the product is still being tested. Nothing against the Army, but they should have adopted a color similar to these new fatigues instead of they're current ones. I'm in Iraq right now; and the Soldiers out here stick out like sore thumbs. My .02s.
Old 12-31-07, 04:58 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets start an SC Iraq team... lol

Black on Tan SC400 here... Currently in Baghdad (Camp Striker)

Btw... You're right about the uniforms... But I still like the update.

Have you seen the AirForces new boots though??? LOLOLOLOL they're green... Looks really odd...
Old 12-31-07, 05:28 AM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Marine digi camies > all haha

btw i tighten my cable everytime i change my plugs.
Old 12-31-07, 06:00 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting concept. Reminds me of those weapon-r throttle rotors that would reduce pedal effort.

My main concern is that if the throttle is that instant, wouldn't that give you less room for error? For example, imagine going through a turn and you want to speed up just a tad. Pressing down on the gas pedal would require less effort which may result in more undesired speed during the situation. Your foot would have to be able to move in small increments and remain pretty steady to add the proper amount of gas and prevent you from possibly losing control. Although, I'm sure the throttle was set to lag a bit from the factory for the average driver in order to prevent loss of control due to natural conditions and driver skill level.

Pretty interesing though as it can be adjusted to personal preference. I mean the more skillful the driver is, the tighter the throttle can be set and vice versa.
Old 12-31-07, 10:02 AM
Smithule
Rookie

Originally Posted by sc300max
Interesting concept. Reminds me of those weapon-r throttle rotors that would reduce pedal effort.

My main concern is that if the throttle is that instant, wouldn't that give you less room for error? For example, imagine going through a turn and you want to speed up just a tad. Pressing down on the gas pedal would require less effort which may result in more undesired speed during the situation. Your foot would have to be able to move in small increments and remain pretty steady to add the proper amount of gas and prevent you from possibly losing control. Although, I'm sure the throttle was set to lag a bit from the factory for the average driver in order to prevent loss of control due to natural conditions and driver skill level.

Pretty interesing though as it can be adjusted to personal preference. I mean the more skillful the driver is, the tighter the throttle can be set and vice versa.
I think the opposite would be true. I want instant response. If I press the gas pedal a little and get no increase in acceleration, what could be worse??

BTW, the increments are still the same, from the point where the cable actually starts to pull.
Old 12-31-07, 10:08 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YumaSC300
the Marine Corps. is the smallest self contained branch.

Smaller But so much better

My buddy and I are sitting here and we could not have said it better man

Originally Posted by BLACKSC-F
Have you seen the AirForces new boots though??? LOLOLOLOL they're green... Looks really odd...
Have you seen their cammies? they look like Neon puke tiger strip pajama pants! hahaha
Old 12-31-07, 10:47 AM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Luxor
I did this on my car not too long ago, it defidently made a difference, after years of tear that cable got loose and it had a good 1cm or 2 of play at the gas pedal now it's instant engagement.
Yeah, I think it is classified under one of those things where it's a little problem, but makes a big difference. I did the same to mine, and it felt so much better driving it. It takes that inch of dead spot where the throttle doesn't engage away.
Old 12-31-07, 10:47 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

yea ACU kinda... sticks out when the surrounding is sand... but its good in urban =p Marpat is pretty good but man i still love my Multicam =p i believe if MC is used... more lives would be saved... cuz its so much harder to spot..

as for airforce... u cant see there bdu anyways.. they are up in the sky somewhere. hah

BACK ON TOPIC.

so MPG wise better or worse?
Old 12-31-07, 03:41 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Simple, and some may have already done this, But i wanted to share with the SC community my findings, its awesome, throttle response is absolutely insane and it revs up so much faster and under load the acceleration has increased dramatically with out affecting the idle speed or anything
Please explain if im missing something here but all i see is that you fixed the initial split second delay when you step on the throttle from the loose throttle cable by adjusting it. Now where does the increase rev up and acceleration come from?
Old 01-01-08, 12:32 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Throttle wasnt opening all the way...

Removed the little bit of slack it had, and now it works like brand new =D
Old 01-01-08, 05:56 AM
Durrr
Lead Lap

Just wait 'till you see the BDUs they're switching the Navy to....

Quick Reply: Want INSANE throttle response?