Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New Goodies!! 1JZGTE is hungry! Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-08, 01:06 AM
thegadget
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Video!! New Goodies!! 1JZGTE is hungry! Ideas?

Good morning!

I am just getting ready to feed the beast..er..baby? Here are some of the goodies I just got. If you guys have any suggestions, please feel free to complement... critique(sp?)

1-Thunderbolt 3" High Flow Cat Part # 410300 (I know, I know... but my wife cannot stand the smell...
2-Two 3" Flowmaster Outlaw Series 15430 3" Exhaust (I dunno why, just like the dual look.)
3-LC-1 Wideband Controller
4-VEI Red Wideband Guage (still trying to figure out where to mount it. Carputer going in center console area)

5-Apexi AVC-r Boost controller
6-7" Touch Screen-VGA input, USB*
7-Espresso Ultra Mini PC (900 Mhz Via, 128mb, 20gb) 6" (150mm) x 4" (106mm) x 1.25" (32mm) Itty bitty..*
8-Bluetooth Solar powered GPS
9-HID 5000k bulb and ballast kit (ebay special!)
10-External USB DVD-RW (you can put a lot of mp3s on a dvd...)
*Haven't got yet, but in the mail...
PICS coming soon.... To cold and late now... maybe later today...

Look at the exhaust! 3" high flow cat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZZBdGLkd_s

Last edited by thegadget; 01-09-08 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-05-08, 01:58 AM
V300Altus
Driver

Good mods, want to see pics when your done. Not sure if you have gotten the Speed Limit Defenser and Fuel Cut Defensers yet. Take care.
Old 01-05-08, 09:05 AM
thegadget
Driver

Not yet. I have to find the right model #. There are quite a few models! Thanks! Is it the HKS Speed Limit Defencer SLD Type I or type 2?
Old 01-05-08, 11:30 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if he's using an safc to pull back fuel due to larger injectors, he wouldn't really need an fcd, as the lower airflow signal from the safc to the ecu would trick the ecu into thinking it has much more airflow to go before it has to cut fuel.
Old 01-05-08, 12:10 PM
thegadget
Driver

Uh, can you explain what a SAFC is? S? Air/Fuel Controller? I definitely have the LC-1 and some o2 sensor, disk, and a bunch of cables. I have a VEI Guage as well (is this really needed, or can I use the carputer?) I don't have bigger injectors yet. Still on the stock fuel pump as well. Just a heads up.
Old 01-05-08, 02:04 PM
crx378
Pole Position

i wouldnt waste my time with the little stuff, just got with greddy e-manage ultimate. we have awesome results every time.
Old 01-05-08, 03:03 PM
thegadget
Driver

Ok, how do you install the E-manage ultimate on the SC? I almost bought one. The guys on here recommended against it...
Old 01-05-08, 03:16 PM
crx378
Pole Position

thats because they dont know how to use it properly. dont get me wrong the guy that figured it out is amazing at electrical know how and found the faults it did/could cause. he is on another forum but maybe could answer your install questions there. www.2jztrader.com screen name is snap.
Old 01-05-08, 03:47 PM
SC300Dori
Driver

thats a nice list u have there
Old 01-05-08, 05:57 PM
V300Altus
Driver

Default SLD type II

Type I for 5speed and Type II for Auto. Type II cannot support VVTI 1JZ. Here is the link. http://www.importscene.com.au/prod548.htm I am sure you can find this cheaper on Ebay. Take care.
Old 01-05-08, 08:29 PM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sc's are such versatile cars that you can floss it, smoke people at the track, and from what your doing use it as a a friggin movie theater
Old 01-07-08, 05:44 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by thegadget
Uh, can you explain what a SAFC is? S? Air/Fuel Controller? I definitely have the LC-1 and some o2 sensor, disk, and a bunch of cables. I have a VEI Guage as well (is this really needed, or can I use the carputer?) I don't have bigger injectors yet. Still on the stock fuel pump as well. Just a heads up.
safc = super air flow controller made by apexi. modifies the air flow signal from the maf to the ecu, allowing you to run larger injectors and delay the onset of fuel cut.
of course, like was suggested, if you have the coin, emanage would be better, but people have been using safc's for years and made lots of power and ran good times. it's just that now there are more options that give you more control over everything in the ecu, so people downgrade the safc because it's a primitive form of ecu control.
Old 01-07-08, 09:04 AM
thegadget
Driver

Unhappy Mods, mods, mods.. when to stop, or when to go...

Man thanks guys... See what I was originally wanting is a fully managed system for the engine, all controllable from the carputer. I was hoping to be to adjust any part on the fly. For what I spent on just the boost controller, A/F guage, LC-1 controller and wideband o2 sensor; I could have bought a Emanage ultimate with the soarer PNP harness and software. I am still open to the idea.

I was trying to get answers, and didn't get many on why should I go to a new ecu? I was hoping that the new ecu would allow you to adjust boost cut levels, boost pressure, a/f ratio, shift points, etc. That way I wouldn't even need a boost controller...etc, since I could just setup the ECU to control it. Does that sound out there? I haven't really seen anyone doing this, and this would eliminate any gauges you would have to install, wiring, and who knows what else. I may still do it and just sell what I have back here or on ebay. I sure wish I knew what my next move should be...

19psi, thanks for your explanation of the safc. How is it different from the LC-1 controller? Does it actually replace the stock MAF? And, in your opinion, would the ecu change benifit from the new mods? Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by thegadget; 01-07-08 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-07-08, 01:07 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

the difference between LC1 and safc is that the safc actually tricks the ecu into thinking that it's getting less airflow than actual. that keeps ipw down so you're not too rich at part throttle with larger than stock injectors.
isn't the LC1 just a controller for a wideband 02 sensor?
should you get a totally new ecu? depends. how comfortable are you tuning the engine with the ecu? do you nderstand timing maps, fuel maps, and all the other small things programmable by an ecu? it makes things easy if you know what you are doing. it will also cause catastrophic damage to your engine and wallet if you don't know what you are doing.
you could stya on the path you're on, which would work fine. that's what people did for years before custom ecu tuning became afforadble. at least the car will run right away if you keep the stock ecu. you can tune from there.
Old 01-07-08, 05:23 PM
thegadget
Driver

Ok, gotcha. I have no clue what I am doing in the ECU department.. So I will pass on that for a while. Thanks for all that info 19psi. I finally got the CAT installed and exhaust. WOW, it is loud. I wasn't expecting it to be that loud.. Nice and deep, you can actually feel the exhaust note through the body of the car. Man, you can really hear the turbos spool now, through the exhaust. I now have 3" all the way back, and duals out. The guys here in waco did an awesome job! Unbelievable! 100% custom, built a custom Y pipe, installed the bung for the O2 sensor, and mounted everything perfectly! I paid them $250, they had quoted $230, and they stayed an hour past their end of day. It was awesome watching them cutting/bending the pipe and welding. I will throw a vid on youtube soon hopefully.

Quick Reply: New Goodies!! 1JZGTE is hungry! Ideas?