Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc300

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-08, 11:31 PM
drifterjoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation sc300

ok check it , i had a sc300 before bad experience but yeah now i want another one but before i make the desition im coming from a Nissan 240sx sr and rb background and 350z, i know those cars like the back of my hand so yeah i want to know the pros and cons of the sc300 with a 2jz-tt swap, only thing i know so far is that some guys who have it with the supra tt motor say its still slow so yeah and a boat to drift and cant really touge it that much so yeah let me know whats up most ill use it for is , a lil drag, a lil auto x, maybe drifting but thats its u know nothing to extreme any more so let me know the feed bak. if this offends you guys then just let me know no hard feelings just want to know what everyone thinks
Old 01-09-08, 05:21 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Yes the sc is heavy and pretty difficult to drift at first but with about 550 whp and a decent suspension it will all depend your driving skills .Since the sc is heavier it will be a little difficult to keep sideways. I get my tires spinning at 3000 rpm's with about 330whp so 550 hp you will have tons of fun .
Old 01-09-08, 07:04 AM
crx378
Pole Position

hmmm slow with a TT motor? i think not. they are a blast to drive and with a couple mods you will be in the 12's for drag racing easily.
Old 01-09-08, 11:21 AM
Brettimus
Driver School Candidate

Sc300 Curb Weight, lbs. 3506
Supra Curb Weight lbs. 3210.
Can shave most of that weight of with taking the heavy *** electric seats out and replacing with racing seats and taking the backseat out!
Old 01-09-08, 12:04 PM
parnzen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theyre heavy for a reason. theyre 15 years old and still in one piece. also, u can wreck and not have to worry about being six feet under.

getting rid of weight is not that hard of a thing to do...as long as u have money.
Old 01-09-08, 01:56 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

they're heavy because they are made by lexus, the luxury car company. Sure it is a sport car underneath all the plushy leather and seat heaters, but it's no surprise that they are heavy. good suspension mods (a lot of supra parts bolt right on) and stripping some of the interior will bring out the sport car your looking for...

as for a 2JZ-GTE being slow, thats strechin it a little. You could also slap a turbo onto the exsisting 2JZ-GE in the SC300 and still have a blast...

use the little search button and look at the options out there for mods there are plenty to choose from.
Old 01-09-08, 02:41 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Brettimus
Sc300 Curb Weight, lbs. 3506
Supra Curb Weight lbs. 3210.
Can shave most of that weight of with taking the heavy *** electric seats out and replacing with racing seats and taking the backseat out!
The backseat hardly weighs anything. The front seats are extremely heavy, though, you're right.
Old 01-09-08, 03:34 PM
crx378
Pole Position

yeah i just received my replacement seats the other day! im going to shed a few pounds that way. ill weigh them and see what i how much i lose.
Old 01-09-08, 04:08 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by drifterjoe
ok check it , i had a sc300 before bad experience but yeah now i want another one but before i make the desition im coming from a Nissan 240sx sr and rb background and 350z, i know those cars like the back of my hand so yeah i want to know the pros and cons of the sc300 with a 2jz-tt swap, only thing i know so far is that some guys who have it with the supra tt motor say its still slow so yeah and a boat to drift and cant really touge it that much so yeah let me know whats up most ill use it for is , a lil drag, a lil auto x, maybe drifting but thats its u know nothing to extreme any more so let me know the feed bak. if this offends you guys then just let me know no hard feelings just want to know what everyone thinks
Welcome Drifterjoe.

. = period. Signifies the end of a sentence.

"So yeah," about your post, "check it." There are no cons, aside from saving the money by just going NA-T. Do some reading. As for TT being slow - if you know SR's and RB's then you know you won't leave it stock anyway so what does it matter

Good luck in your journey.

Jonny
Old 01-09-08, 05:58 PM
drifterjoe
Driver School Candidate

yah im stuck next car sc300, and for what i found out ill go 2jz-tt swap, + cant beat the luxury and style u know
Old 01-12-08, 10:00 PM
halizm
Driver

trying to get mine completed let you know when i know.
Old 01-12-08, 10:18 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

if you put a GTE in any car i doubt it will be slow even with stock turbos that engine is a ****ing beast but our car is so incredibly heavy because its supposed to be sporty but more luxurious its like a benz a benz weighs a **** ton because it is so luxurious all that heated seats, power seats, ect. weigh a ton!
Old 01-13-08, 12:27 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

240's are so much fun to drift. i have one and just picked up a 92 convertible with a 5sp swap with a buddy to drift next summer my 240 has been on jack stands for a while already because im redoing the motor completely(check pics in my sig ). in the mean time i have been drifting my sc300. i took it to 3 drift days last summer. all i have on it is exedy clutch, tokico/eibach combo and some mk3 supra chrome sawblade wheels. it was a blast to drift. with a lot of clutch kicking it gets sideways no problem. if you got a 2jzgte or even a 1jzgte you would be more then capable of doing some nasty sideways action.

good luck with finding an SC. keep us updated.
Old 01-13-08, 01:29 PM
crx378
Pole Position

weighed new seats and they are only 31.5lbs each. i have not put them in yet to see what the oem seats weigh. none the less they are more than 31.5lbs
Old 01-13-08, 01:34 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Yeah, good luck finding one. Right now I have an SC400 and considering selling it so I can get me a 300. Hopefully it'll have 5speed, too. I might end up in Japan this year, so I'll be getting a soarer probably. we'll see...

Quick Reply: sc300