Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

T-61 installed, Troubleshooting...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-08, 10:53 AM
Somy6
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LA-Conrad
well if you don't have any O2 sensors, how do you, or more importantly, the car have any idea bout the AFR? Not trying to be a smart ***, but maybe I missed something here??? I would start by getting some O2s plumbed in there
yeah thats my next main thing. I am working on it. Thanks
Old 01-17-08, 04:53 PM
Somy6
Driver

put in the 02 sensor and connected ox1 and ox2. Nothing still the same. The car does idle higher when the AC is on though.
Old 01-18-08, 09:32 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it sputter like a hard miss or does it just roll over and die? Hope that makes sense lol
Old 01-19-08, 03:14 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

that guy needs to answer Bean is helping ya man get on top of it!!!!
Old 01-19-08, 09:54 PM
Somy6
Driver

Originally Posted by Bean
Does it sputter like a hard miss or does it just roll over and die? Hope that makes sense lol
Sorry bean. No one answered me for a few days so i didnt check here. Well it runs ok. It dies when its at idle. Goes down and up then down and up then dies. Starts right away not a problem though. Also when i am driving the car it seems like the ECU is freakin out or something when the Turbo kicks in. Might be too lean or something. I am not really sure. I have also changed the distributer cap for the 4runner cap so it fits the turbo. I will check again and make sure they are all right. I checked the timing and it was at 10 degrees and just goes up and down a lil bit. So whatcha thing Bean?? I am not so sure anymore..
Old 01-21-08, 09:32 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Somy6
Sorry bean. No one answered me for a few days so i didnt check here. Well it runs ok. It dies when its at idle. Goes down and up then down and up then dies. Starts right away not a problem though. Also when i am driving the car it seems like the ECU is freakin out or something when the Turbo kicks in. Might be too lean or something. I am not really sure. I have also changed the distributer cap for the 4runner cap so it fits the turbo. I will check again and make sure they are all right. I checked the timing and it was at 10 degrees and just goes up and down a lil bit. So whatcha thing Bean?? I am not so sure anymore..
I doubt its an O2 problem. The stock ECU goes into a limp mode if the O2 sensor isn't detected and throws a CEL. In the limp mode, the timing map is dialed back and the fuel map is richened. The car can still read an airflow signal, but it cant go into closed loop anymore because it doesnt have a feedback signal from an O2 sensor. This shouldnt affect you and I know of several guys in the early days that did this on purpose because the limp-map was actually BETTER for a turbokit.

I doubt the distributor is the problem either. If it was your car wouldnt run at all. What kind of BOV are you running? Does it need to be plumbed into the intake? Are you 100% positive that there are no vacuum leaks? The engine can die when running TOO rich. IF you're not running an O2 sensor, then you're already running richer than stock; and if there's a mild leak (like a BOV not tightened enough -- if it has an option to tighten it; or a loose coupler), then it could run so rich that it would die.

Running super lean at idle makes it miss sometimes. Its not a hard miss but like a burbley idle noise. Does that make any sense.

Also, did you calibrate your TPS with the Emanage?
Old 01-22-08, 10:41 AM
Somy6
Driver

Originally Posted by Bean
I doubt its an O2 problem. The stock ECU goes into a limp mode if the O2 sensor isn't detected and throws a CEL. In the limp mode, the timing map is dialed back and the fuel map is richened. The car can still read an airflow signal, but it cant go into closed loop anymore because it doesnt have a feedback signal from an O2 sensor. This shouldnt affect you and I know of several guys in the early days that did this on purpose because the limp-map was actually BETTER for a turbokit.

I doubt the distributor is the problem either. If it was your car wouldnt run at all. What kind of BOV are you running? Does it need to be plumbed into the intake? Are you 100% positive that there are no vacuum leaks? The engine can die when running TOO rich. IF you're not running an O2 sensor, then you're already running richer than stock; and if there's a mild leak (like a BOV not tightened enough -- if it has an option to tighten it; or a loose coupler), then it could run so rich that it would die.

Running super lean at idle makes it miss sometimes. Its not a hard miss but like a burbley idle noise. Does that make any sense.

Also, did you calibrate your TPS with the Emanage?
Well we hooked up the e-manage last night and the car doesnt run at all. When we took of the MAF wire that was connected to the E-manage it started but still runs like crap. I checked on all the couplers and they seem really tight and not sure where there would be a vacuum leak. The boc is on there really good too. If anyone can call me to discuss this i would really appreciate it. The car is not running and it takes too long to get answers here. (480)363-9946. thanks, Sean