Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My NA-T rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-08, 11:43 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Besides cleaning everything up and making it right, are you changing anything or are you sticking with the same setup? I'd bet with a nice drag wheel setup and disconnecting the front sway for the track, the car could possibly break high 10's as it sits judging from the old numbers.
Old 01-15-08, 11:46 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Baoser
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

im partially blind...i wear glasses, and I injured 1 arm...but still have full use of it...haha so technically im a blind kid wiht 1 arm =)
Before I can bestow the honor of the "small blind child with one arm" I need first to verify your age and height/weight. Only then can I make an accurate decision

Jonny
Old 01-15-08, 11:49 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gunnar
Besides cleaning everything up and making it right, are you changing anything or are you sticking with the same setup? I'd bet with a nice drag wheel setup and disconnecting the front sway for the track, the car could possibly break high 10's as it sits judging from the old numbers.
Trust me - I have plenty of drag wheel options. I have 2 different sets of slicks at the house.

I had thought about sticking to the same setup as I have right now, but now you have me thinking. I have a bulletproof transmission, so that isn't a worry.

Hmmm - what did you have in mind

Jonny
Old 01-15-08, 12:26 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Before I can bestow the honor of the "small blind child with one arm" I need first to verify your age and height/weight. Only then can I make an accurate decision

Jonny
A/S/L almost ehh?

20/5"11/200 (im big boned )
Old 01-15-08, 01:36 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Baoser
20/5"11/200 (im big boned )
You do not fit the profile with those stats

Now if I could just get rid of this virus and stop feeling like crap I could get to work on the car. By the time I get off work everynight I crawl into bed until the next morning.

Being sick sucks

Jonny
Old 01-15-08, 02:11 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dx3
Trust me - I have plenty of drag wheel options. I have 2 different sets of slicks at the house.

I had thought about sticking to the same setup as I have right now, but now you have me thinking. I have a bulletproof transmission, so that isn't a worry.

Hmmm - what did you have in mind

Jonny
I have the 15x8 Weld Prostars with 5.5BS like Mdeniz runs on his 9.70's SC300. I'm looking at possibly trying to snag my friend's CCW drag package (16x10, 16x5.5) but if I can't then I'm going to give the new Billet Specialties Street Lite wheels a try - Alumastar lookalikes in a 15x10 7.5BS, previously the only affordable 15x10 7.5BS we could get would be a Weld Draglite.
Old 01-15-08, 02:26 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

I have the 15x8 Weld Prostars with 5.5BS like Mdeniz runs on his 9.70's SC300. I'm looking at possibly trying to snag my friend's CCW drag package (16x10, 16x5.5) but if I can't then I'm going to give the new Billet Specialties Street Lite wheels a try - Alumastar lookalikes in a 15x10 7.5BS, previously the only affordable 15x10 7.5BS we could get would be a Weld Draglite.
Aside from drags - what other upgrades are you thinking? Different IM, turbo???

Jonny
Old 01-15-08, 02:52 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Have you looked at the new Megan drag coilovers over on SF?
Old 01-15-08, 03:15 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Have you looked at the new Megan drag coilovers over on SF?
I actually just put some Tein on there so it will be a while before I switch them out

Jonny
Old 01-15-08, 03:44 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

With HKS discontinuing their drag coilovers, Megan really stepped up to the plate, offering a thin body coilover (so people can run a gigantic tire without hitting the coil) with HKS Drag-similar spring rates, adjustability, etc. except they're selling for like $899-999 instead of the $2500 the HKS had. I'll probably end up getting a set myself somewhere down the road.

What about the TTC 268 cams?
Old 01-15-08, 08:27 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Guys,

Got stuck in tonight to removing the engine harness. The easy part is done - now it is trying to get the plugs disconnected from under the IM area. I am not sure what I am going to have to take off to get it all out - but it sure isn't pretty!!

Feel like crap but needed to make some progress on it.

Still no pics

Jonny
Old 01-16-08, 09:59 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Do you have much removed from the car that you just have plugs hanging for? I want to pick up another harness and take all of the unused plugs and take the wires out all the way back to where they start. Wiring is a lot heavier than a lot of people think.
Old 01-16-08, 01:49 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Do you have much removed from the car that you just have plugs hanging for? I want to pick up another harness and take all of the unused plugs and take the wires out all the way back to where they start. Wiring is a lot heavier than a lot of people think.
So far I have come across about 8 or 9 plugs that I no longer use. Because I haven't started installing the new harness, I open it up and remove the wires from it so I don't have to worry about any unused wires shorting out while I am driving.

Jonny
Old 01-16-08, 02:10 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol ninja edit.

haha

Jonny!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

And to the CL owner who sold you the ride... shaaaaame shame shame shame on you...

I wish I had more SC knowledge or info to kick your way man but you're in good hands with LexusFTW.

c.
Old 01-16-08, 02:41 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cliffud
lol ninja edit.

haha

Jonny!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

And to the CL owner who sold you the ride... shaaaaame shame shame shame on you...

I wish I had more SC knowledge or info to kick your way man but you're in good hands with LexusFTW.

c.
Cliffud,

What's up man? Haven't spoken to you since you helped me wire in the HID's for my NSX

Thankfully that owner you speak of no longer frequents CL. Good riddance to him and his dishonesty.

Yeah - LexusFTW definitely knows his stuff. It is just unfortunate that I decided to undertake a project the same time he is undertaking one!

Take it easy man,

Jonny

Quick Reply: My NA-T rebuild