Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My NA-T rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-08, 03:54 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Thankfully that owner you speak of no longer frequents CL. Good riddance to him and his dishonesty.
I've seen him have two different Supras for sale up on SF though.
Old 01-16-08, 07:20 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

what kind of trans are you running?
Old 01-16-08, 07:47 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
what kind of trans are you running?
A TH400 with transbrake

Jonny
Old 01-16-08, 09:28 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At what point will you reveal what SC you bought?
Old 01-17-08, 02:45 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
What's up man? Haven't spoken to you since you helped me wire in the HID's for my NSX
I'm glad I was able to help buddy. I've just been busy with the business. I was going to turbo the GS but decided against it due to emissions issues out here in AZ and with as much driving as I do per year I didn't want to sneak around the emissions issue.

Man oh man, can't wait to see your new project! Please say you're going to get the 97+ newer front bumper, there's something about the older front bumpers that make the car look so much older.

Old 01-17-08, 05:53 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by na4now
At what point will you reveal what SC you bought?
Let's just say it is my own build . I have basically taken the entire interior and exterior off, replacing the entire engine harness and re-wiring the whole car, and doing a lot of mechanical changes. So in essence, I bought a shell from him and some random parts

The car right now is in many, many pieces. I would take pictures, but there isn't much to see. Within 1 month she should be back on the road running like she should have been the whole time

As I mentioned, the seller I bought it from is no longer on CL, so no chance of anyone else getting screwed. I told him I would leave his name out of it which I plan on doing.

Originally Posted by cliffud
I'm glad I was able to help buddy. I've just been busy with the business. I was going to turbo the GS but decided against it due to emissions issues out here in AZ and with as much driving as I do per year I didn't want to sneak around the emissions issue.

Man oh man, can't wait to see your new project! Please say you're going to get the 97+ newer front bumper, there's something about the older front bumpers that make the car look so much older.

C,

I understand - I personally would not put FI on any car I DD'd. My GS was a disaster after I put the supercharger on it. Now this one doesn't even run!

And yes, the 97 upgrade is already covered Take care man.

Jonny
Old 01-17-08, 12:36 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
A TH400 with transbrake

Jonny
I know my car would be so much faster with a big stalled auto but I could never bring myself to convert one of the few 5-speed cars that are out there.
Old 01-17-08, 12:45 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

It's about time you post this lol
Old 01-17-08, 01:30 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gunnar
I know my car would be so much faster with a big stalled auto but I could never bring myself to convert one of the few 5-speed cars that are out there.
It is definitely fun being able to take off already boosting at 25psi

Originally Posted by hass
It's about time you post this lol
LOL - well I was going to wait until I got it up and running, but I needed some motivation from the SC crew

Jonny
Old 01-20-08, 06:00 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

OK guys - here are a couple of pictures. I finally have the old wire harness removed Wasn't overly difficult - but I can think of better ways to spend my time!

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions as to anything I should do at this point before I put the new harness in? I am replacing all the gaskets around here but was wondering if there was anything I was forgetting...

I am cutting out all the wires/plugs from the harness that I no longer need. Will make everything a little cleaner.

Jonny
Old 01-20-08, 06:06 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Good luck on the build dx3. I remember the seller of the car I think his name was "easy2ripoff"
Old 01-20-08, 06:07 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dx3
Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions as to anything I should do at this point before I put the new harness in? I am replacing all the gaskets around here but was wondering if there was anything I was forgetting...

I am cutting out all the wires/plugs from the harness that I no longer need. Will make everything a little cleaner.
Spray the whole outer portion of the long block with simple green and de-grease the **** out of it....
Old 01-20-08, 06:09 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Best of luck to you! Can't wait to see the progress.
Old 01-21-08, 10:40 PM
Dramon
Driver

Lookin good.
Old 01-22-08, 02:43 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vntperform
Spray the whole outer portion of the long block with simple green and de-grease the **** out of it....
Now is the time to take advantage of having access to those areas you cant normally get to for sure. It'll make it easier, and much more pleasant to work on when its spotless.
Also im sure youll be getting rid of alot of vaccuum hoses already. But i would remove any hardlines you wont need as well.
You may even want to clean or replace the starter contacts since its usually not as easily accessable.
Dont overlook the simple things either. IE: new gaskets, seals,spark plugs, & fresh fluids.

Quick Reply: My NA-T rebuild