Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My NA-T rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-08, 12:37 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well guys, just wanted to give a slight update - although I still have no pictures

I finally got the new harness back in the car ( had trouble locating some of the plugs as well as working out which plugs I no longer needed.)

I wired everything into the harness while it was out to make sure I had solid connections. I also ran some spare power wires so if I need to add anything else I just crimp and it is done.

One thing I did find which I really like. There is a company called Waytek ( I think that is their name ) who sell these special butt connectors. Firstly, they have solder in the center, secondly they are heat shrink at each end. So, you insert your wire on each end, crimp it, heat up the solder in the center, then heat up the heat shrink at the end. I tested them by pulling the wires pretty damn hard and I couldn't get them out - passed my test. I then taped them up really well to stop any moisture getting in

Anyway, now in the process of installing the new fuel rail. I brought my injectors in to get them cleaned. They were shooting between 170-175 and should have been at 184-185. They are now "like new."

Still to do -

Run new -AN fittings/lines for fuel rail
Wire in injectors
Run all new vacuum lines
Install LS400 brakes
Finish installing 97+ kit
Put I.M. back together
Put entire interior back together
Install turbo timer
Install new gauges
Replace steering wheel
Reload AEM
Pray car starts!!

Jonny
Old 02-21-08, 12:12 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great progress so far!!! I still want pics....