Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

5 Spd Swap Discoveries

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-08, 08:43 PM
xtrmboost
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 Spd Swap Discoveries

This is my first post! I am deployed in Iraq right now and mapping out my na-t build. I dont have an SC300 yet but I should in a month or so. I just bought an R154 and 1jz bellhousing and was looking for the rest of my parts. I sent aaron at drift motion dot com an email about some of his products and he told me (within 5 minutes)

They can get master cylinders and stock stainless clutch lines for the swap. They also sell flywheels, clutches, and bellhousings, slave cylinders, bolts, etc. for the swap.

I realize that to a lot of you this is not news, but I figured it would be good info for some.
Old 01-23-08, 09:04 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can they get clutch pedal assembly?
Old 01-23-08, 10:21 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

xtrmboost, welcome to the forum. I to, am deployed in Iraq at the moment. That stuff is old news, but its better you found our for yourself rather then not searching and asking questions like a good amount of new members do. R154 is a good transmission, I personally will be saving up for a 6 Speed
Old 01-23-08, 11:37 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Discovery of the engine forum.

Moved
Old 01-24-08, 01:03 AM
xtrmboost
Rookie

eh I knew this stuff was available I was just sharing that most of it is available at a single location. I'm sure not everyone knew and as you can see not everyone searches.
Old 01-24-08, 03:34 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Well either way; good luck with your SC when you get it, and keep safe in Iraq. I hope you aren't out here as long as I am. Gotta love the cold weather though. It snowed a week and a half ago.
Old 01-24-08, 01:03 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

jose and arron are nice guys just be smart and do price comparisons the most convienant place isnt always the cheapest imho
Old 01-24-08, 05:12 PM
xtrmboost
Rookie

Yeah I'm trying to buy as many used parts as I can but I was impressed with the service.

Yuma- you're a marine right? (judging by the avatar) I've been out here for ten months. We're supposed to go back to the states in June but you know how that stuff changes. The snow was crazy though. Hell officially froze over a week and a half ago.
Old 01-24-08, 05:13 PM
xtrmboost
Rookie

BTW- I'm army.
Old 01-24-08, 05:26 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

So, what's the schedule over there like anyway...... killing at 8am, clublexus by chow time? Seems like there is a reasonable amount of free time.
Old 01-25-08, 12:58 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xtrmboost
Yuma- you're a marine right? (judging by the avatar) I've been out here for ten months. We're supposed to go back to the states in June but you know how that stuff changes. The snow was crazy though. Hell officially froze over a week and a half ago.
Yes, I am in the Marines, and hell did freeze over. I think that was one of the quietest days in Iraq in years; nothing was going on that day. I will have been out here for 14 months when its time to pack up and go home.

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
So, what's the schedule over there like anyway...... killing at 8am, clublexus by chow time? Seems like there is a reasonable amount of free time.
Haha, it all depends on what branch you serve, and further more what job you do respectively. I am a Tactical Networker, so I work with computers and servers which provides ample time to browse stuff like CL and such. I try to keep these up as long as possible so the guys all get a chance to email home and do some surfing from time to time to keep they're chins up. But, as "All Marines are rifleman" we more often than not get into some **** at one point or another, so patrols and such are not uncommon for any MOS in the Marines. I can't speak for the other branches, as I see some folks here who are a little too fat and happy considering at any time; a mortar could give them a rude awakening. I am more excited for this war to end, than to go home. I keep coming out here, hopefully this is the last time
Old 01-25-08, 03:29 PM
xtrmboost
Rookie

It is definitely different for every branch and each persons respective job. I work in a battle operations center and have plenty of time to browse the net and am even taking some college classes out here. However, I go on my fair share of patrols (I'm a driver). I'm not a "killer" but we soldiers are all supposed to be infantrymen first, which in my opinion is kind of a joke given the amount of fatties and lazy chub chubs lounging around. It seems to me that there is plenty of free time for just about everyone, and sometimes there is too much. But there are times when the extreme opposite is true as well. To mee to much free time is a really bad thing to have in Iraq. Complacency kills.
Old 01-25-08, 09:32 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

time to get a veteran plate for those Lexi !!!!!!!
Old 01-26-08, 01:41 PM
xtrmboost
Rookie

I jacked my own thread
Old 01-26-08, 09:10 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey xtrmboost, are you going to be in Ft. Hood?

Quick Reply: 5 Spd Swap Discoveries