Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 delays shift from 1st to 2nd?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 01:56 PM
RedSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 delays shift from 1st to 2nd?????

Ok, so i have had this problem for months now, ever since i got the A/C installed in my car it delays shifting from 1st to 2nd whenever i start driving the car after it's been parked for a while. I have to warm up the car alot so that it doesn't do this, sometimes i even let it warm up for like 20 minuites and it will stop, but after it's parked for more than two hours, i have to warm it up again or it won't shift... all it will do is sound like it's revving and if i don't let go of the gas it will pull nasty when it finally does shift . I know for sure it's not my transmission because the mechanic did a transmission fluid change and replced the gasket, he said the transmission was fine. Also when i step on my car it takes forever to pick up speed, it always sounds like it's struggling. The mechanic said it was either the TPS ( thats off a bit) or the fuel filter( it hasn't been replaced since the i got the car and who knows when the last time it was replaced) mechanic said it will most likely be the fuel filter because if it's dirty, it's not allowing some of the gas to pass which would explain the loss in power. Right now i'm just trying to trouble shoot and get my car back to normal. It's gotten to the point where i can't even get my wheels to slip when im at a stop and i step on it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. My car is a 1992 Automatic SC300 with 134,000 miles on it.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-08, 02:16 PM
Kruso
Driver

When was the last time you had the transmission fluid changed?

Kruso
Old 01-24-08, 03:05 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

get a 5speed... that will definitely solve that problem

i say replace the trans fluid and do an actual trans flush not just a drain and fill.
Old 01-24-08, 03:36 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a new mechanic

gadgetSC
Old 01-24-08, 08:06 PM
RedSC
Pole Position

lol he did do the trans flush and th transmission fluid was replaced 3 moths ago. As for 5spd, i do want one but i'm still looking for an oem 5spd off an sc. so you guys don't think replacing the fuel filter would do anything???
Old 05-06-08, 11:03 AM
danieljava
Driver School Candidate

RedSC,

Did you figure out the problem with our car? I have a similar problem though not as bad. Mine started after I had valve cover gasket changed.
Old 02-14-24, 04:51 PM
95Sc300Alex
2nd gear

Originally Posted by danieljava
RedSC,

Did you figure out the problem with our car? I have a similar problem though not as bad. Mine started after I had valve cover gasket changed.

Where you able to solve issue going thru same issue after valve cover gasket change?
Old 02-15-24, 09:35 AM
95Sc300Alex
2nd gear

Originally Posted by RedSC
Ok, so i have had this problem for months now, ever since i got the A/C installed in my car it delays shifting from 1st to 2nd whenever i start driving the car after it's been parked for a while. I have to warm up the car alot so that it doesn't do this, sometimes i even let it warm up for like 20 minuites and it will stop, but after it's parked for more than two hours, i have to warm it up again or it won't shift... all it will do is sound like it's revving and if i don't let go of the gas it will pull nasty when it finally does shift . I know for sure it's not my transmission because the mechanic did a transmission fluid change and replced the gasket, he said the transmission was fine. Also when i step on my car it takes forever to pick up speed, it always sounds like it's struggling. The mechanic said it was either the TPS ( thats off a bit) or the fuel filter( it hasn't been replaced since the i got the car and who knows when the last time it was replaced) mechanic said it will most likely be the fuel filter because if it's dirty, it's not allowing some of the gas to pass which would explain the loss in power. Right now i'm just trying to trouble shoot and get my car back to normal. It's gotten to the point where i can't even get my wheels to slip when im at a stop and i step on it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. My car is a 1992 Automatic SC300 with 134,000 miles on it.

Thanks.
We’re you able to repair ur issue and what was ur fix going thru the same issues