Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-02, 08:08 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen RED93SC400 around here at all? I have not seen him in a long time
Old 12-03-02, 08:22 PM
ToyoBeastly
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by JohnnySC
Has anyone seen RED93SC400 around here at all? I have not seen him in a long time
his last post was 10/11/02 (acording to his profile)

wow, this thread came back from the DEAD!! but i would like to thank g_lex_6 for doing it because i hadnt seen this one before.....

does anybody know if the price is still the same on those mufflers? i would be very interested in them
Old 12-04-02, 01:01 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Default What about N1 Rip offs

What do you think of those N1 rip offs off of ebay. What would the difference be, ya I saw that thread long ago, I think they are what he said... around 650USD.

Here is a pic of the N1 knock offs
Attached Thumbnails Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures-1033160945683_2_n1_iii_copy.jpg  
Old 12-04-02, 10:21 AM
Idrockasupra
Rookie

Wait, I don't understand, its not a catback ? It only replaces the mufflers correct ? Would it be possible to get the rest of the piping 3" by a muffler shop ? Thanks
Old 12-06-02, 11:45 AM
SMARK
Driver

I don't understand... what is the appeal in hanging some great big over-size mufflers out of the bottom of a car of classic design and shape? Mufflers should be "heard," not seen.
Old 12-08-02, 03:29 AM
g_lex_6
Driver School Candidate

i think a nice polished muffler with a larger tip adds a more aggressive appearance to the rear of the car. looks are just as important as sound.
Old 12-08-02, 04:32 AM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

Personally I think these muffler's look grose from the sides. BUT from behind...they look MEAN! They truly look amazing. These would go great with a bodykit that would cover the sides of them.
Old 12-08-02, 08:17 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I would only do an exhaust on a SC if I was going to put on a kit to cover up the sides (which is what I'm doing)...otherwise, I'm with Chris, it looks like crap on the side (but good from the rear)...
Old 11-30-05, 01:03 PM
Vaelsed
Driver School Candidate

After seeing these pictures, I knew this would be the exhaust i would get. I bought from Istoreparts.com and received the mufflers without any damange with UPS ground. My only complaint was they were very slow (like 3 -4 weeks slow) but they said this was because they were at the SEMA auto show, and when they got back they had a bunch of orders they needed to take care of before they did mine.

Anyways, First thing i noticed out of box, these things are HUGE. They make the stock muffler tips look like drinking straws. Getting them on was a bit of a pain, and while these are direct bolt on, they dont come with hardware. We went and got some M8 (metric) bolts, nuts and washers, put a little lock tite on and slapped the mufflers in. Fitment is good, but i noticed one tip sticks out not much farther than the tip on the other side, but enough to be noticable. I think this problem is specific to my car tho, and i will try to fix it.

Looks are awsome. I think they look better in real life than in the pictures. Very shiny metal, welds are very high quality. Everything is thick and looks very durable. Although they are solid, they still seemed lighter than the stock mufflers, but not by a huge difference.

Sound is great, but not quite what i expected. I had grown so used to hearing honda civics, and acura integras, with I4 engines and that typical bumble bee sound. You probably wont get that with this set of mufflers. Granted, i didnt delete the resonaters, but i still think the I6 is a much more mellow engine than the honda four. You get a huge bass sound you get in the neighborhood of 1000-2000 rpm. From there it gets louder and higher pitched as you climb the rpms. They definately quiet down at speed. Only when you press down the accelerator to speed up do they become more audible.

Power gain is very noticable. I havent really flogged the car since i got the mufflers, but I really really notice a strong increase in torque throughout the range. If you got custom piping at 2.5 or 3 inches, i really think the increase would be huge.

In conclusion, these are a great choice if you want to get a great pair of mufflers that are very high quality for an SC 300 or SC 400.

(PS for all the people that think these look like crap from the sides, chances are high that you wont be crouching down to see the sides of these very often at all, dont let that particular view turn you off to these)
Old 11-30-05, 05:54 PM
XSTeknique
Pole Position

Hey Vaelsed, I just bought the same exhaust and I'm probably just as pleased as you. I installed those along with a Blitz drop in filter and the acceleration and gas mileage (I went from an average of about 19mpg to nearly 23mpg and that's city/hwy driving) has improved. I put 19" wheels on prior and I felt my car lagging a bit.. As for the one tip sticking out more, I have the same problem. Is it the driver's side? It's maybe an inch and it's not horrible, but it bothers me. But yeah, the sound is just what I was looking for. It costed a pretty penny, but I'm satisfied. As for the look, I like how it looks from the rear and sides. Yes, I'm all about the luxury side of owning an SC but it IS a sports/luxury car and the exhaust just seems to accentuate the "sports" part of that.
Old 12-03-05, 12:18 PM
Vaelsed
Driver School Candidate

XSTeknique- Glad to know another who has gotten these Mufflers! I added a K+N Drop in as well, probably close to the same flow increase as a Blitz drop in, and yes the power gain is great. Since I posted previously, I have really been testing out the car under heavy acceleration. Before I got these, I couldnt tell when VTEC kicked in. Now i get an INSANE kick around 3000 RPM. Its truely night and day.

I really agree with you on the look, I felt that while the other mufflers that were offered for around the same price range, looked good, i really wanted something that said "this is a car with japanese heritage." I know some of you are thinking OH NO, dont turn the SC into a RICER! I think the fact that i havent plastered my car with nos stickers, added wings and crazy paint jobs preserves the fact that this is no 4-banger ricemobile.

As far as the one tip sticking out further, Yes oddly enough it does this on the driver side. and yes it is about one inch! This is too simlar to be coincidence i think, there must be something that we are doing wrong. While it isnt that noticable, it has always been somewhat of a pet peeve of mine to see a car with uneven exhaust tips :P Does anybody have a possible solution to this problem?
Old 12-03-05, 12:51 PM
XSTeknique
Pole Position

I'm somewhat relieved to know that I'm not alone on the un-evenness. I'm not sure it's specific to the later models either, because until you I had never heard of this before. I thought it was because of an accident I had a while back. The only solution I can see is to get a portion of the piping cut and re-welded together, although it seems like more trouble than it's worth. You really can't botch the installation of bolt-on mufflers so I don't think we did anything wrong. But regardless, I'm still happy! I'll try to get some pics soon, I'd like to see yours too.
Old 12-04-05, 01:07 AM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

"Before I got these, I couldnt tell when VTEC kicked in"

I don't know what your talking about but our cars don't have vtec. Glad your enjoying the exhaust, do you have any sound clips? Also if anyone is selling their blitz setup please let me know =)

p.s damn this thread was created back in 02
Old 12-04-05, 02:18 AM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

hopefully that was a joke..VTEC..hahaha great
Old 12-04-05, 05:19 AM
XSTeknique
Pole Position

I'm sure it was a typo. Like he said, he's been used to Hondas in the past so I let it slide and gave him the benefit of a doubt that he meant to say VVTi instead. Even so, it's not the same thing and you can't feel it "kick in." But hey, if he didn't have VTEC before and he does now after buying the exhaust, more power to him. hehe

Quick Reply: Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures