Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Where do these plugs go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-08 | 10:49 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3
Where does that connect to?

Jonny
The sensor (I believe its the oil level sensor) is on the driver side. On the lower right hand side of the engine itself. Its close to the engine mount on the right .
Old 02-16-08 | 10:56 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

As for those big plugs on the fusebox....Sorry, But Im not sure where they go to exactly. Since It looks like they are taped up together and then branch off everywhere ?
Old 02-17-08 | 01:48 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
The sensor (I believe its the oil level sensor) is on the driver side. On the lower right hand side of the engine itself. Its close to the engine mount on the right .

So you think this is the oil level sensor?

Still trying to get these last couple of plugs worked out so I can put this thing back together. Not finding anywhere for this to go and it is scaring me...

Jonny
Old 02-17-08 | 07:33 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3

Still trying to get these last couple of plugs worked out so I can put this thing back together. Not finding anywhere for this to go and it is scaring me...

Jonny
Trust me, i know exactly how you feel. I was in the same boat as you . I had half dozen or so connectors and several different vaccum lines etc that i was unsure of .
The pic of the connector I posted in post #17 is what i believe is the oil level sensor..... That was 1 of the connectors i had forgotten to plug back in during my project. I noticed my oil light at the time.
After i found the unplugged connector, and connected it , the oil light went off. You should be able to start and drive the car even if it is unplugged.
The blue connector in your pic, My car is driving pretty well, And mine is unconnected...I actually dont know what its for either?
Old 02-17-08 | 07:41 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3

Jonny
BTW , Im almost 100% positive that orangish brown plug pictured plugs into that connector on the left side of the starter.
Old 02-17-08 | 08:33 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Trust me, i know exactly how you feel. I was in the same boat as you . I had half dozen or so connectors and several different vaccum lines etc that i was unsure of .
The pic of the connector I posted in post #17 is what i believe is the oil level sensor..... That was 1 of the connectors i had forgotten to plug back in during my project. I noticed my oil light at the time.
After i found the unplugged connector, and connected it , the oil light went off. You should be able to start and drive the car even if it is unplugged.
The blue connector in your pic, My car is driving pretty well, And mine is unconnected...I actually dont know what its for either?
There is no pic in post #17 Please verify which one you are talking about? Where is this plug located for the oil sensor?

The blue plug is EGR I believe so isn't used.

That brown/orange plug I was told goes to a cannister and also isn't used, but I will check by the starter and verify. I remember a small brown connector with bright yellow inside goes onto the bottom of the starter - but do not recall what is on the side.

Thanks man,
Jonny
Old 02-18-08 | 12:45 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3
There is no pic in post #17
Sorry about that ... Post #13
Old 02-18-08 | 05:44 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry about that ... Post #13
LOL -thanks man Can you try and give me an accurate description of exactly where the location of the oil sensor is??? I am having trouble locating it...Thanks again,

Jonny
Old 02-18-08 | 03:16 PM
t66sc3
Driver

The brownish orange connector is connected to the vaccum canister underneithe the lower intake manifold runners, i just replaced/ rewired knock sensors and the blue plug goes on a blue sensor also underneith the runners right in front of that vaccum canister. Bolth plugs are infact EGR plugs and fron reading this post seems like you wouldnt be plugging these in anyway.
Old 02-18-08 | 03:55 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by t66sc3
The brownish orange connector is connected to the vaccum canister underneithe the lower intake manifold runners, i just replaced/ rewired knock sensors and the blue plug goes on a blue sensor also underneith the runners right in front of that vaccum canister. Bolth plugs are infact EGR plugs and fron reading this post seems like you wouldnt be plugging these in anyway.
Awesome - greatly appreciated

Now I am down to just 1 plug Photo #3 on my first post... Anyone??

Jonny
Old 02-18-08 | 04:34 PM
t66sc3
Driver

In picture number three the plug looks to be the one that connects to the powersteering rack right on the knuckle and rack this was just a quick glance with a flashlight but it is the only plug or wire with the foam taped around it that i can see.