Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

electric turbo!:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 07:50 AM
Rexn30
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ they do my friend had one and I believe he felt a loss of power !! Only way I would believe this junk is if I saw a dyno numbers.. If you get any HP you could of got nitrous and killed those numbers on a 30 shot !
Old 03-03-08, 08:22 AM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I highly DOUBT anyone who buys one of these things is gonna spend the cash to have their car dyno'd.
Old 03-03-08, 11:41 AM
parnzen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know wat he could do on top of the electric fan? he could route the air from his air conditioner into his intake!!! he would get at least 10 horsepower!!!
Old 03-03-08, 11:48 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by parnzen
you know wat he could do on top of the electric fan? he could route the air from his air conditioner into his intake!!! he would get at least 10 horsepower!!!
lol, I was gonna say route the electric turbo into the A/C for increased cabin coolage-nessity
Old 03-03-08, 12:15 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by parnzen

naa...just reroute the exhaust to the throttle body...exhaust recirculation induction..
Old 03-03-08, 03:04 PM
SC4_FI
Pole Position

zomg...maybe we shouldnt be bashing it...this is what i got with a blowdryer shoved up my maf
Old 03-03-08, 03:16 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DryBlaze
I thought it was a joke, until i read his whole post.....
same here...

Originally Posted by turbodremz
sounds like me and my drunk thoughts of putting a t25 on my SC3

Originally Posted by SC4_FI
zomg...maybe we shouldnt be bashing it...this is what i got with a blowdryer shoved up my maf
so how do you manage to double your torque at low rpm. thats better then any turbo i have ever seen. im getting 2 of those. no im gonna make a custom ITB setup with a blower per cylinder. then change my license plate to "e trbo mn"
Old 03-03-08, 03:19 PM
SC4_FI
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
so how do you manage to double your torque at low rpm. thats better then any turbo i have ever seen. im getting 2 of those. no im gonna make a custom ITB setup with a blower per cylinder. then change my license plate to "e trbo mn"
its the super-blow dryer, the kind that can dry your hair in under a minute...crazy torque

...plus i got bored after about 30 seconds in paint...lol
Old 03-03-08, 10:06 PM
forcefed86
Pole Position

While I do agree that this posters whole "e-turbo" idea is bogus, the idea of a properly done electric supercharger is very real.

I had read about this in turbo magazine.

The major problem is finding a strong enough motor and a larger enough power source. They sourced out 3 heavy duty mini starters and 6 12v odyssey mini batterys to turn a gear driven roots blower in a planetary gearing style.

Like so....

Read article here....

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04...ger/index.html

Also he has a websight with a new style e-blower for sale here.

http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

Last edited by forcefed86; 03-03-08 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 09:44 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by forcefed86
While I do agree that this posters whole "e-turbo" idea is bogus, the idea of a properly done electric supercharger is very real.

I had read about this in turbo magazine.

The major problem is finding a strong enough motor and a larger enough power source. They sourced out 3 heavy duty mini starters and 6 12v odyssey mini batterys to turn a gear driven roots blower in a planetary gearing style.

Like so....

Read article here....

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04...ger/index.html

Also he has a websight with a new style e-blower for sale here.

http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

Lol sorry for ruining the parade earlier guys, leave it up to me to ruin a good joke.

But as for the above post, I had no idea that is was going this far. I think that if you could figure out some way to convert the electrical system to say a 16v+ instead of 12v...they might have a shot at making a serious breakthrough. Making the blower electrical pretty much eliminates the biggest downside of a supercharger, using belt driven power and adding more rotaional mass. Very interesting.
Old 03-04-08, 10:53 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That "belt drive turbo" isn't even a turbo. Any blower driven by belt is a supercharger. (IMO)
Old 03-04-08, 11:10 AM
Turbo?
Pole Position

electric turbos are the ****tys things on the market, same thing as a electric supercharger, if your gonna boost your car, go big or go home............
Old 03-04-08, 11:18 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo?
electric turbos are the ****tys things on the market, same thing as a electric supercharger, if your gonna boost your car, go big or go home............
Well if everyone thought traditionally, there wouldn't be much room for innovation and improvement now would there? I see what your saying, yes they are pretty sketchy as of now. But there was a time where everyone was laughing at the thought of using exhaust gas to create a positive intake charge also. I am a die hard turbo fan, but it's kind of hard to car yourself a real enthusiast if you can't appreciate the effort and innovation that people are starting to use and expand the boundaries. I wouldn't judge to harshly. There very well might be a day when your *** get toasted by one of these.

Jon

P.S. 3000, agreed. That is advertising for the morons that don't know the diff.
Old 03-04-08, 11:22 AM
Turbo?
Pole Position

lol i just looked at the setup, not bad... i thought it was one of those cheap ebay ones..... my bads... lol nice work!!!!.....
but ya i did read up on them and they are sketchy and the ones on ebay arent helping the cos
Old 03-04-08, 12:24 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

well lately ive been thinking about a gerbal powered turbo/ supercharger. Just get one of those wheel things they run in at the pet store and wrap a belt around it to a fan and stuff a gerbal inside... BOOM! extra 30rwhp. Trust me guys.

Quick Reply: electric turbo!:)