Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

electric turbo!:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 01:56 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
well lately ive been thinking about a gerbal powered turbo/ supercharger. Just get one of those wheel things they run in at the pet store and wrap a belt around it to a fan and stuff a gerbal inside... BOOM! extra 30rwhp. Trust me guys.
What type of gerbil are you running? my guinea pig just crapped out on me the other day.
Old 03-04-08, 07:26 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uN6Aahycf0
Old 03-04-08, 07:51 PM
100mgbluep
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
What type of gerbil are you running? my guinea pig just crapped out on me the other day.
I believe the west african cotton tail would be used in his scenario. I hear they can produce up to 50 ponies and run for days on end!

P.S. E-turbo/charger = fail.
Old 03-04-08, 09:54 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
well lately ive been thinking about a gerbal powered turbo/ supercharger. Just get one of those wheel things they run in at the pet store and wrap a belt around it to a fan and stuff a gerbal inside... BOOM! extra 30rwhp. Trust me guys.
Just keep feeding it, so it won't die on you.
Old 03-05-08, 10:38 AM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The biggest problem about these are the amp's that are required for a decent motor. Not only will you need to get a bigger battery but probably a second one and bigger alternator. So will the weight to extra power gain (if any) might not be worth it. A compressor spinning at 50,000 RPM is about 6-9lbs to get the compressor spinning you will need some torque on the electric motor, and to get it to spin up 50k rpms you will need some how to gear it to spin up to that rpm. Sounds doable but with a lot of factors. Something that I have never looked into would be adding some type of compressor to each air intake slot. It would require less from the motor and compressor if you are going to be using multiple compressors. This should also require less torque and rpms from the motors to make the same about of boost, but more weight once again and also a lot of custom piping, TB's, and the list goes on. Remember guys the ideas that were most laughed when brought up are usually laughed because it's not understand or by people who hate change. I love new ideas! But like anything new there are a lot of bugs to work out.
Old 08-21-09, 10:04 AM
SCLexxxy
Rookie

Originally Posted by MERXUS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iN...eature=related

she might shed some light on eturbo
Wow...if she says such as again im gonna flip.. LOL she is a certified retard... Bet she's good in bed tho
Old 08-21-09, 10:16 AM
forcefed86
Pole Position

Just a little something for all the electric turbo non-believers! It's real and it works....

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...71.html?page=3
Old 08-21-09, 04:04 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by forcefed86
Just a little something for all the electric turbo non-believers! It's real and it works....

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...71.html?page=3
Pretty epic post there. Unless I missed the page, or you posted the wrong link, it mentions absolutley nothing about "electric turbos"...... it mentions electronic controlling of various valves within the compressor and turbine housing to decrease lag. But uh.... nothing about electric motors to actually produce positive pressure....
Old 08-21-09, 05:15 PM
forcefed86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Pretty epic post there. Unless I missed the page, or you posted the wrong link, it mentions absolutley nothing about "electric turbos"...... it mentions electronic controlling of various valves within the compressor and turbine housing to decrease lag. But uh.... nothing about electric motors to actually produce positive pressure....
Actually it does.... electronically assisted. As In it pre-spools the turbo to eliminate lag. So while it's not solely an electric turbo per-say... It is a functional electric motor built into the compressor of a standard turbo.

Garrett has also developed an electrically assisted turbocharger that doesn't rely solely on exhaust gas flow energy. At low engine speeds, an electronically controlled electric motor responds to engine load and boosts the turbo up to high-pressure speeds. At high engine speeds that produce enough exhaust flow to spin the turbo's turbine, the overrunning motor can be used as a supplementary generator for the vehicle's electrical system.
Old 08-21-09, 06:39 PM
BoostLogic
Rookie

Originally Posted by turbodremz
sounds like me and my drunk thoughts of putting a t25 on my SC3
Are you for real? That's awwwwsomelolollollololololllollol......
Old 08-21-09, 08:40 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by forcefed86
Actually it does.... electronically assisted. As In it pre-spools the turbo to eliminate lag. So while it's not solely an electric turbo per-say... It is a functional electric motor built into the compressor of a standard turbo.
Huh, must have missed that.
Old 08-21-09, 10:08 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just stick a leaf blower in the intake: 10% more power

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...-Dyno_7514.htm
Old 08-21-09, 10:14 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
same here...

so how do you manage to double your torque at low rpm. thats better then any turbo i have ever seen. im getting 2 of those. no im gonna make a custom ITB setup with a blower per cylinder. then change my license plate to "e trbo mn"
Let n = number of fans, and != infinity, then LIM ( HP )n->! = 100 hp
Old 08-21-09, 10:18 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Another thing; Why is this forum getting more moronic by the day! I think our cars became a learning platform for every Tom ***** and harry............
Old 08-21-09, 10:28 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax98
Another thing; Why is this forum getting more moronic by the day! I think our cars became a learning platform for every Tom ***** and harry............
Stop the copy?

Quick Reply: electric turbo!:)