Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

electric turbo!:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-08, 10:03 PM
MERXUS
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default electric turbo!:)

my whole weekend i spent at my firends garage trying something new ...and to some completely useless/dumb.

electric turbo!!!--> basically its a turbo that connects to your maf air flow and by just simply hitting 'on' button in your cabin you car WILL perform better. how do i know that? well...

1. tested on 1996 interga (45 min set up) works like magic--car actually got some extra pull ! and it sounds awesome
2. 2nd test on 1999 eclipse (1 hour set up) same results!

both cars are his-- i didnt want to do ''animal-testing'' on my rides

i own my sc and merc. and never tricked out my car in e-turbo.

both of us agreed that it really makes a difference! and you will actually feel your car boost up the power!

now sc is a v8 so im not sure if this piece of equipment will make any difference ...
has anyone ever done electric turbo add-on on sc?

next weekend is my turn ( btw this is not the cheap ebay electric turbo) its 450$ as it is made from aluninum parts and heaVY DUTY PROPELLER) MOTOR IS heavy duty as well.

please let me know if you ve played around with the E-turbo on your sc and what were your results. it wont take too long to install it on sc so im hoping for satisfactory results!
Old 03-02-08, 10:12 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

May I quote your sig and put it in bold so you can re-read it?

SC400S are amazing cars and you and the car deserve appropriate, long lasting repairs - DONT CHEAP out ON USED PARTS AND TRICKED OUT WAYS TO GLUE things together... treat your lexus like lexus
v8 will thank you
Now that we've covered that, do you have any concept of air/fuel mixture, ECU, and other intricate details that compensate for increased air induction? Assuming you do, what are your plans for remapping the ECU and boosting the fuel pump flow? How are you going to set the values in the ECU to compensate? What software have you designed to work with the new fuel system? What mechanical modifications to the intake have you planned to compensate for the increased air flow? How are you changing the exhaust to work with the new higher flow?

Oh, the questions I have....... I'll stop there.
Old 03-02-08, 10:18 PM
MERXUS
Pole Position

well OLT-- im not arguing any of your intriguing questions--thats why i was asking purely for my curious brain-- if anyone out there ever done this "upgrade/ downgrade" I DO UNDERSTAND THAT MORE AIR FLOW= FUEL RATIO CHANGE=ecu rep.

quoting my sig. was quite cute though and again i dont glue stuff to keep my going upgrades however are quite allright--ive never bought anything used for my sc -EVER. all my parts are oem replacements or performance upgrades. hope you understand what i mean this time friend.

no worries its AAAOKAYYYY
Old 03-02-08, 10:26 PM
SC4_FI
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... -1 needs an upgrade to cover this >.<
Old 03-02-08, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, you got this turbo, that doesn't run on oil....
Old 03-02-08, 10:39 PM
MERXUS
Pole Position

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iN...eature=related

she might shed some light on eturbo
Old 03-02-08, 10:53 PM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

*no comment*
Old 03-03-08, 12:10 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
May I quote your sig and put it in bold so you can re-read it?

Now that we've covered that, do you have any concept of air/fuel mixture, ECU, and other intricate details that compensate for increased air induction? Assuming you do, what are your plans for remapping the ECU and boosting the fuel pump flow? How are you going to set the values in the ECU to compensate? What software have you designed to work with the new fuel system? What mechanical modifications to the intake have you planned to compensate for the increased air flow? How are you changing the exhaust to work with the new higher flow?

Oh, the questions I have....... I'll stop there.
While I agree that this setup is about as sketchy as a BOV on an NA car, the questions that you are asking arent really relevant to the output that this electronic fan can produce. Even if it does actually produce pressure into your engine, it isn't going to be enough to have to worry about fuel, exhaust restriction, etc. You are giving this system wayyy too much credit. Lol. But your thinking is what will save you an engine rebuild on a real boosted car. Things like this are cheap, unreliable, a complete slap in the face to the amazing engineering behind turbocharged systems, and pretty ricer imho, but to each his own.

Jon
Old 03-03-08, 12:31 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Doode, I'm being supportivez.
Old 03-03-08, 01:26 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
While I agree that this setup is about as sketchy as a BOV on an NA car, the questions that you are asking arent really relevant to the output that this electronic fan can produce. Even if it does actually produce pressure into your engine, it isn't going to be enough to have to worry about fuel, exhaust restriction, etc. You are giving this system wayyy too much credit. Lol. But your thinking is what will save you an engine rebuild on a real boosted car. Things like this are cheap, unreliable, a complete slap in the face to the amazing engineering behind turbocharged systems, and pretty ricer imho, but to each his own.

Jon
O.L.T. was definitely being sarcastic. He knows very well the system doesn't produce those kind of support modifications. If anything, a fan like that will merely bring your airflow to what it is supposed to be; at its best. You might be able to get away with a dirty air filter longer because of the slightly increased airflow in the system. Thats about all I would give it credit for.
Old 03-03-08, 01:59 AM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was a joke, until i read his whole post.....
Old 03-03-08, 05:44 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like me and my drunk thoughts of putting a t25 on my SC3
Old 03-03-08, 05:55 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how much boost pressure, if any are you getting? hook up a boost guage and watch it with the fan on. i 'm betting 1-2 psi at most which doesn't seem worth the hassle and expense. if you could soemhow shove 6-8 psi pressure in there, that would be worht it, but being electrical, you'd need several batteries and a huge output alternator to supply the current needed to power the motor for the blower which would have to be huge to pressurize the intake to that level.
Old 03-03-08, 07:43 AM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DasBach
O.L.T. was definitely being sarcastic. He knows very well the system doesn't produce those kind of support modifications. If anything, a fan like that will merely bring your airflow to what it is supposed to be; at its best. You might be able to get away with a dirty air filter longer because of the slightly increased airflow in the system. Thats about all I would give it credit for.
x2
Old 03-03-08, 07:44 AM
surferlife
Driver

I think the e-turbo, or w/e its called, had more of a placebo affect on him than anything

Quick Reply: electric turbo!:)