Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Whats the world record top speed for the SC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 01:34 AM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the world record top speed for the SC?

Whats the fastest you have gone in your SC?

Whats the world record top speed for the SC?

What do you need to reach over 200mph?

engine hp?

Drive train?

Suspension?

areo dynamics?

Wheels?

Extra stuff?

Please don't just list the best. Please pick bang for the buck/cheapest to do the job.

Last edited by TecnoSmurf; 03-03-08 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-03-08, 06:46 AM
Zeal3
Pole Position

search for Fastest SC. it has all the members 1/4 mile and w/e was listed in there.
or go to youtube. and look for "Lexus SC"
Both will answer ur questions.
Old 03-03-08, 07:20 AM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

i dunno if id want cheap stuff to go over 200mph....
Old 03-03-08, 08:19 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

why are you even asking. i highly doubt you have the funds to do that and if you did it would be retarded. the car so damn heavy.

if you dont know whats involved in going this fast im sure it safe to assume you dont know how much all that work would cost either. dont bother doing it or even dreaming of it. its a waste of money. it would be awesome to build something like that if you recently won a lottery and have about half a mil to throw away.

peace out
Old 03-03-08, 11:49 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

i would bet an SC cannot go 200mph, unless it was stripped like a funny car with a massiv turbo, nawz, and maybe a jet engine or 2.
Old 03-03-08, 12:15 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Top Secret or HKS. They might have the answers.
Old 03-03-08, 02:00 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OhxPoopy
search for Fastest SC. it has all the members 1/4 mile and w/e was listed in there.
or go to youtube. and look for "Lexus SC"
Both will answer ur questions.
I am looking at top speed not quarter mile times. I dont know why you though 1/4 times are the same thing.

Originally Posted by Black_SC
i dunno if id want cheap stuff to go over 200mph....
I said cheapest not cheap. I didn't want people to just list a bunch of crazy stuff like 5000 dollar coil over and 1000 hp engine set ups.

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
why are you even asking. i highly doubt you have the funds to do that and if you did it would be retarded. the car so damn heavy.

if you dont know whats involved in going this fast im sure it safe to assume you dont know how much all that work would cost either. dont bother doing it or even dreaming of it. its a waste of money. it would be awesome to build something like that if you recently won a lottery and have about half a mil to throw away.

peace out
hmmm why am I asking... BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. Why do you dout that I have the funds? I must say that I do but I do have 7.5k I think that should get me at least half way to the parts required to do it(maybe, I must say I really don't know).
To heavy? maybe... Again I don't have knowleage of how to hit over 200mph but arent alot of super cars well over the SC weight? (Rhetorical question, yes yes they are)

PLease. please for forgive me I am sooo sorry for dreaming

half a million lol

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
i would bet an SC cannot go 200mph, unless it was stripped like a funny car with a massiv turbo, nawz, and maybe a jet engine or 2.
Maybe but I bet its easier than that. jet engines... no

Originally Posted by 3000
Call Top Secret or HKS. They might have the answers.
I'm not ready to go bother a company yet.

Lots of 3500lb and up cars with 550 600 hp make close to 200 mph.

My goal for my car are to have the car be as close to a super car as possible. I want it to do just about everything that a super car can do and behave like it was built for it.
Old 03-03-08, 02:05 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

i'm sure its possible..but you would need a LOT of money
Old 03-03-08, 02:10 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by durtysc300
i'm sure its possible..but you would need a LOT of money
Fair but how much money and for what parts?
Old 03-03-08, 02:32 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

SC is not a super car. never was, never will be. so you have 7.5K and you think that half of what you need? well how much money do you need to build a 600-700hp engine. to do it right and reliable you will need a large chunk of your funds.

most super cars are not that heavy. SC weighs in at about 3600lb.

if you really want to know how much it will cost and how much work it is then start a project and do it. no one on this forum has a 200mph sc/soarer. the hks supra that was doing top speed runs was reportedly estimated that about 200,000 went into it. thats enough to buy a pretty nice house.

so 7.5K is a far cry from making a reliable top speed car.

are you even planning to strip the car out? you wil have to do it to put in a very strong cage. you dont want to have a problem occur at 200mph and flip.

no offense but i can guarantee you that if you go to any shop and tell them you wanna go 200mph and what it will take to do it they will laugh at you and send you home. its nothing against you its just they would not take you seriously.

i had a guy come to my shop with an integra and he wanted to get an engine built. i said okay. i talked to the guy because my boss is an old sedish engine builder that does Audi/VW stuff and im into imports. the guy told me his buddies eclipse does 10's at the track and he wants to go faster then that. i knew it could be done but then he told me he has a 5000 dollar budget. i smiled and told him that our services for him were unattainable. this was at the time when we charged a customer about 14,000 bucks for a complete 4AG toyota atlantic motor.

these days a built racing motor is a lot of money. toyota no longer sponsors the atlantic series and last i heard they moved from a 1600cc 4AG 240hp engine to a 2.4L 320hp Cosworth engine. this cosworth engine goes for 28,000 and its a spec engine. you cant modify it at all. if you blow it up they give you a new one.
Old 03-03-08, 04:37 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Ok the last 3 super cars I looked up were over 3600 pounds.

7.5k isn't enough. I know that... This thread was NEVER ment to be about me and my car. I was asking about the SC. So who cares how much money I have.

I want to know what the SC would be capable of. So please dont make this about me.

A role crage would be a good idea. I think what would go under the extras catagory.

I watch Top Gear a lot I am always wondering what they would have to say about our cars stock, and what they would have to say about after we had fixed them up. Is it even possible to make are cars all around DD super cars.

I have no idea why you brought up the story about the integra. And 5sp_jzz30 you come off as sort of an a hole. You've taken an interesting topic and made it a personal attack on my bank acount and goals. A+.

I tried searching for a world record top speed for a sc300. Didn't find anything. So if someone took there car out to the flats and had it tested they would be the fastest recorded sc...
Old 03-03-08, 05:29 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

first of all im sorry if i sound like an a-hole.

this was never about you. i could care less how much money you have or dont have and what you can afford to build.

roll cage is not an extra for a build like that. if you are planning to go 200mph then you will need a full custom cage. you car would be a pancake if something goes wrong at those speeds. if you think a cage is an extra you are joking yourself.

i think that you watch top gear too much. its good but gets a bit boring at times. too much of a tease. its like going to a strip club all the time. it loses its fun quickly.

a simple solution to all this bickering is to look at the top secret supra. that car goes 200mph at will and its a VERY similar chassis to our cars. i would look at the entire parts list and see where you can save some money. cheaper wheels, cheaper coilovers, obviously less money on the engine work.

based on that you can see how much it would cost to build something like that. it wont be cheap but it can be done.

oh btw i bought the story with the integra initailly because we have customers regularly come in and drops thousands. we had a kid come in taht 25 and drop 15,000 on his 1.8t from an A4. it was bored and stroked to a almost 2.2L and made conservative 481hp. the motor had a dry-sump system too because it was meant for the track.
Old 03-03-08, 05:35 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
SupraTTs can do 180 in stock form.

to get 200mph, it would take a 6-speed swap with the 6-speed rear-end and about 500whp.

While I don't like the spirit in which this thread was started (sounds like a dreamer post that doesn't want to the work), the SC is very capable of getting to that speed with the correct gearing and power.

I think most of you don't realize there are SupraTTs that have done over 220mph before, and not with as much of a buildup as you suggest.
Old 03-03-08, 05:36 PM
Zeal3
Pole Position

i said 1/4 mile bcs do u honestly think u can drive a constant 200mph? i hope u have full life coverage if u attempt it.
Old 03-03-08, 05:36 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

who cares about top speed its all about quarter mile and acceleration!

Quick Reply: Whats the world record top speed for the SC?