Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

EGR delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 08:42 PM
t66sc3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR delete

I honestly have searched for a hour maybe i suck at the internet but i cant seem to find anyhting on takign out the whole egr system and elimating all the vacuum lines. Ive read numerous posts about leavign the system intact and just putting on the block off plates and wiring in the resistor but i would not like to go this route i want to clean the engine bay up a little and remove everything that is not nessacary. Any imput would be appreachated im sure many of you out there have done this also. -Thanks-
Old 03-04-08, 04:55 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've removed my egr and all of the emission lines. After i have done so my sc started overheating where the needle would go all the way up and then drop down and keep repeating. The good out of it, my car has ran better Idle and so but i would not recommend it unless if you know exactly what you are doing, I am not sure if it's just because of my thermostat going bad. Could you help me out by getting a photo of your engine bay and all the vaccume lines i am gonna get some things put back on and see how it runs then.
Old 03-04-08, 09:28 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have just about everything out of my engine bay now. I'm still running the stock intake manifold and I only have a few vacuum lines left. What do you need to know on it?
Old 03-04-08, 10:48 AM
t66sc3
Driver

Which ones that you have kept in play and which nipples are now capped off or just left open, also what you did with the vsv just took off the lines kept it plugged in and last what about the vaccum canister on the underside of the lower runners, did you remove it or do u still have vacuum going to this. I am pretty sure i cam block off 2 of the 4 nipples on the throttle body i just dont want to start ripping lines out without a description or a few pictures of what should still be there.
Old 03-04-08, 12:04 PM
hershsc400
Pole Position

i got my egr block off kit on order from lextreme... from what i can tell its the only kit ive seen one for the tundras but dont know if it will work
Old 03-04-08, 12:40 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t66sc3
Which ones that you have kept in play and which nipples are now capped off or just left open, also what you did with the vsv just took off the lines kept it plugged in and last what about the vaccum canister on the underside of the lower runners, did you remove it or do u still have vacuum going to this. I am pretty sure i cam block off 2 of the 4 nipples on the throttle body i just dont want to start ripping lines out without a description or a few pictures of what should still be there.
Here's a quick MS Paint drawing of the underhood vacuum chart. The two lines in green are the two that I retained. In addition, I have one line from the intake manifold over to the heater valve by the charcoal canister, and one line from the throttle body down to my wastegate. I have another one ran to the blow-off valve which isn't shown on this chart.

All of the metal hardlines are gone, and the few things left over (the two on the throttle body that aren't being used) are capped off.

Name:  lineremoval2.jpg
Views: 6179
Size:  83.4 KB
The following users liked this post:
Turbostar (06-03-21)
Old 03-04-08, 03:17 PM
t66sc3
Driver

Thnaks so much!!! Thats exactly what i was looking for well tommrow looks like my vacuum mess will be as simple as yours, thanks again for the info and quick responce.
Old 03-05-08, 05:26 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hershsc400
i got my egr block off kit on order from lextreme... from what i can tell its the only kit ive seen one for the tundras but dont know if it will work
The Lextreme kit is specifically for the V8. I was told it wouldn't work for the 2jz

You can buy the 2jz block off plates already fabbed up from Boost Logic here in Austin. $50 or so..
Old 03-05-08, 05:29 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CThompsen
I've removed my egr and all of the emission lines. After i have done so my sc started overheating where the needle would go all the way up and then drop down and keep repeating. The good out of it, my car has ran better Idle and so but i would not recommend it unless if you know exactly what you are doing, I am not sure if it's just because of my thermostat going bad. Could you help me out by getting a photo of your engine bay and all the vaccume lines i am gonna get some things put back on and see how it runs then.
I've never heard of an EGR delete causing anyone to overheat on any car. You gotta have something else going on.
Old 03-05-08, 06:28 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gunnar
I have just about everything out of my engine bay now. I'm still running the stock intake manifold and I only have a few vacuum lines left. What do you need to know on it?
What are the lines that you still have hooked up and where do they go?
Old 03-05-08, 01:41 PM
t66sc3
Driver

I believe that the lines he still has connected are highlighted in green and the oned taken out are the ones in red there is a vacuum diagram under the hood of the car on the upper left side if you are facing the car, i believe this is the diagram he based off his vacuum setup on. I did have the same problem as you when i had a vacuum leak the car would run fine till it got warm and then my temp gage went hot, i then removed the intake manifold again and found out i had a huge leak and the existing plenum gasket was bowing out so i ordered a new one and have set up my vacuum lines to the bare minimumm that was posted and i have been running fine since.
Old 03-05-08, 01:47 PM
Knightridr
Pole Position

what was the purpose of the egr delete?
Old 03-05-08, 02:00 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

make the engine run cleaner...EGR = exhaust gas recirculation, by removing the system, no exhaust gas is recirculated through the system
Old 03-05-08, 03:27 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CThompsen
What are the lines that you still have hooked up and where do they go?
Hopefully this helps. Sorry it's just a camera phone picture.

Name:  vacuumlines.jpg
Views: 7975
Size:  87.7 KB

And the original so you can actually see the lines I traced over.

Name:  Photo_030208_005.jpg
Views: 5470
Size:  89.9 KB
The following 2 users liked this post by Gunnar:
NYCsc300 (07-17-21), Turbostar (06-03-21)
Old 03-05-08, 04:41 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

That helps out alot thanks Gunnar!

Quick Reply: EGR delete