Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-08, 03:22 PM
hknubsauce
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rip supra tt 6spd...but +1 for tt 6spd swaped SC
Old 03-15-08, 02:15 AM
redhanded7
Driver

finally got word from my friend, that he will sell me his volk te37 time attacks. 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 +22 all around. time to sell the ames, and get some better rims.

on the engine build, got the oil and coolant lines done for the turbo. just waiting on the ati crank damper and to finish painting some engine parts.

here are the actual rims im getting on sunday.

and another pic of the turbo. cant wait to hear what it sounds like.
Old 03-15-08, 05:14 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

oooo....nice turbo
Old 03-21-08, 02:21 AM
redhanded7
Driver

updates......

well i finally finished putting all the motor stuff together.....almost. im still waiting on my sard top feed rail to install, but other than that, everything is pretty much done on the engine side. oil and coolant lines for the turbo are done, i decided to get rid of the purple and blue timing gears with the 3 bolt style, and i went with titan cam gears. pretty much everything on the engine was painted black, which to me and my friends, came out pretty nice. im not really into the polished and bling look, so it suits me fine. we manually cranked over the engine and to out joy, it built oil pressure and everything is now lubed up.

next week im gonna pull the stock motor out and put the gte in. once that is done, i can finish up on my fuel system and start on the intercooler pipes.

i will have updated pics of the engine tomorow. im pretty excited that everything is coming together quite nice and at a decent pace considering i have 2 jobs which equals to 50-60 hour weeks.
Old 03-21-08, 09:05 AM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Nice! Post some pics, with the Volks on.
Old 03-21-08, 03:27 PM
IonFeright
Lead Lap

Very cool build. Those Volks are HOTT!!! You seem like you really paid attention to detail with this build. Good luck.
Old 03-21-08, 08:10 PM
redhanded7
Driver

Originally Posted by IonFeright
Very cool build. Those Volks are HOTT!!! You seem like you really paid attention to detail with this build. Good luck.
right on, thanks. yea i tried really hard to plan out this build down to even the smallest parts. ive built numerous sr20 240sx's and a s14 with a 1jz in it so ive had a little bit of experience. i know that playing with lexus's and jz's, that it wouldnt be cheap and i would really have to manage my time being that i am busy with work.

i think i have all the parts needed to finish the power aspect of the car, so its jus a matter of making time to work on the car.

pics should be up in a little bit hopefully. ill snap a few of the car with the new rims and some of how the engine sits now. the car itself isnt really much to look at it, and it wont be for awhile. hopefully the motor stays together during tuning, and im sure the power will make up for the looks.....i hope
Old 03-21-08, 09:17 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Your water lines confuse me.
Can you please explain to me how water will flow through the turbo when the thermostat is closed?
Old 03-21-08, 09:53 PM
trdlevin
Driver School Candidate

Default monster sc300 coming soon

Dam when you said you was going to start your build you was not joking.I seen your post on FH well good luck on the build man.May be if you can help me if i ever do a swap well shootzs.
Old 03-22-08, 02:35 AM
redhanded7
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
Your water lines confuse me.
Can you please explain to me how water will flow through the turbo when the thermostat is closed?
haha, i was wondering when somebody was going to catch that . although this is going to be my daily.....or atleast suppose to be, i run modified thermostats in my car. ive had them in my 1jz s14, 400+whp sr20's or any other car that i drove hard. before someone chimes in and says that i need it, i just prefer to run with it modified. ive been doing so for over 5 years and never had anything bad ever happen and will continue to do so . as far as that water feed line goes, ill check to see how much flow i get. if it seems like there isnt much water flow......there is another port which i have tapped and capped, that i can use.

here in hawaii, it doesnt ever get cold and the weather is almost always hot.

trdlevin - well when i plan a build, i like to do it one time....or atleast try. like for the engine part, i saved up for awhile and made sure i had enough money to get the parts that i needed. i hate doing builds where im waiting paycheck to paycheck to get parts. ill just save up a few extra months, or how ever long it takes, so that i can buy everything lump sum. if you have any questions, just let me know.
Old 03-22-08, 05:14 AM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

let me know if you want some custom audio parts. thats what my company does. i also have some powder coated black upper and lower stock intakes if you want them cheap. otherwise i am on the edge of my seat waiting to see the end of this build
Old 03-22-08, 08:25 AM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is one serious SC

Its cool to find a build page so early in the persons build. Your Sc is going to be beautiful. And of course functional I just bought a 93 5 speed, but thinking about all the stuff makes me want to be your next door neighbor in the islands.

I thought it was cool that you switched out your VIP styled rims for the sportier ones. I always get shizzle from my buds when i tell them i want to have rims that are more functional then bling.

Anyway keep up the good work and please update this... the anticipation is killing me!
Old 03-22-08, 12:58 PM
redhanded7
Driver

Originally Posted by WICKED 1
let me know if you want some custom audio parts. thats what my company does. i also have some powder coated black upper and lower stock intakes if you want them cheap. otherwise i am on the edge of my seat waiting to see the end of this build
im def interested in some audio. that part of my car is lacking right now. maybe you can shoot me a PM with some details on what you guys do and what you guys sell. im in the market of picking up a decent system.

gabeg - thanks. the only thing i liked about the VIP scene is the rims. i soon changed my mind when i weighed the 19" AME wheels i had to the 19" te37's i have now......MAJOR weight difference. to me, it was a no brainer. right now the car looks a little awkward with the new rims on.....maybe i just need to get used to it.....or maybe i need some kind of kit.

as far as the anticipation goes, it shouldnt be much longer. i plan on pulling the stock motor out next week and have the gte in there by next weekend. then i can start on the fuel lines and intercooler pipes which should take about another week. the only think i think will put an anticipation wait on the build will be the custom autronic harness. my tuner likes to take his time, but its well worth it. it becomes a plug and play and all functions in the car work......ac, gauges, cluster....etc etc. then its time for tuning.

thanks again and if you guys have comments, questions or advice, im all ears!
Old 03-22-08, 01:23 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Things that I can't afford......

Those are sweet BTW.
Old 03-22-08, 02:00 PM
jayzsun
Rookie

yo jensen, this is jason from ds days. Your car is going to be a beast, just like your other ones. Cant wait to see it around throwin smoke. Hopefully we get another track soon. Anyway i was wondering how much does justin charge to install and tune for an sc. Does he just make a plug and play harness for the sc? I was looking into building an sc and i am still debating which way to go. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...