Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-08, 02:18 PM
redhanded7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jason w? whats up man. i was wondering what happen to you and if you still had your sc.

im not too sure on how much justin charges to do a full autronic setup....i can ask him though. what kind of motor and mods you plan on doing?

i have an autronic sm4 and hks dli already.....so just need him to make the harness for me. if you can wait maybe a month to month and a half, you can check out the harness he does and see how it comes out.

but in any doubt, ill ask him for some prices and ill get back to you.

so whats the haps on your sc?
Old 03-23-08, 02:49 PM
jayzsun
Rookie

I sold the sc I had from before when i bought your sp1's. I was looking into buying another one though. Kinda board driving a truck everyday.

I am not too sure what engine and mods I want to do just yet until I find another sc. I'll get back to you on that.

Good luck with the build and i will definately want to see it when its all done. shoots
Old 03-23-08, 11:33 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by redhanded7
haha, i was wondering when somebody was going to catch that . although this is going to be my daily.....or atleast suppose to be, i run modified thermostats in my car. ive had them in my 1jz s14, 400+whp sr20's or any other car that i drove hard. before someone chimes in and says that i need it, i just prefer to run with it modified. ive been doing so for over 5 years and never had anything bad ever happen and will continue to do so . as far as that water feed line goes, ill check to see how much flow i get. if it seems like there isnt much water flow......there is another port which i have tapped and capped, that i can use.

here in hawaii, it doesnt ever get cold and the weather is almost always hot.
Im not understanding how a modified thermostat has anything to do with your coolant lines. The nipple to the right of the pipe you tapped on the water pump is the oem feed for the stock turbos. You notice it's before the thermostat so the turbo still get coolant while its closed. I guess it doesn't really matter once the cars warmed up .
Old 03-24-08, 12:04 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

2jz no **** gte. That motor is a freakn monster. you are the man. Very nice creation. perfect swap/ crazy power with lexus luxury
Old 03-24-08, 12:57 AM
trdlevin
Driver School Candidate

Default howz it

Hey was-up redhanded7 thanks for the offer if i need help.I want to do a auto to manual swap so i'll need some advice.But anyways i forgot to ask you were did you get your surf racks from & how much was it?Well i'll check back later keep post in that build & thanks again for the help shootzs den.
Old 03-24-08, 03:29 AM
redhanded7
Driver

update.......
i ordered a tial 44mm wastegate to replace the ebay knockoff that is on there right now. maybe its just me, but i dont trust a $100 wastegate to handle about 30psi of boost and risk thousands of dollars in damage. a little bit of a delay since i have to wait for it to get in, but better safe than sorry. alls i have to do is pull the manifold and weld on a new flange. im still waiting on the sard top feed rail, so in a sense its not preventing me from the installing the engine.

im also debating if i should install some hks cams and build the valve train. im not sure if it will be worth it for this street engine because i am also building a race engine on the side.

Originally Posted by 5spdSC300
Im not understanding how a modified thermostat has anything to do with your coolant lines. The nipple to the right of the pipe you tapped on the water pump is the oem feed for the stock turbos. You notice it's before the thermostat so the turbo still get coolant while its closed. I guess it doesn't really matter once the cars warmed up .
hhmmm, your right. plan B, imm gonna redo the feed line. damnit, even more money spent, lol. damn fittings and nylon hose add up real fast

trd - i got my racks from go bananas on kapahulu. i longboard and paddle board alot, so all my cars have hard racks.....all of them. the rack itself is pretty good. took about an hour to install and ive had 4 boards strapped on....all of which were about 10' long and we were doing 60mph on the freeway. everything held good and we didnt lose any boards.
Old 03-24-08, 01:59 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by redhanded7
update.......
hhmmm, your right. plan B, imm gonna redo the feed line. damnit, even more money spent, lol. damn fittings and nylon hose add up real fast
Agreed, those hoses are $$ and do add up fast. Awesome project, keep the pics coming .
Old 03-26-08, 09:56 PM
trdlevin
Driver School Candidate

Redhanded7 thanks i'm going to go check them out i got a 10'0 too so thats perfect.Where do you surf town side or country if you don't mind me ask in well thanks for the info have fun on the build shootzs den.
Old 03-27-08, 01:12 AM
redhanded7
Driver

i usually hit up the town area and sometimes makaha. when the winds are calm and the water is flat, the diamond head to alamoana paddle is nice. hopefully this summer there will be alot of waves on the south shore. hopefully my build doesnt slow down now that im back into jiu-jitsu training. im trying to get ready for the world championships coming up in june.

back to the build. im still waiting on my sard top fuel rail to come in from japan, tial 44mm wastegate and some random parts. everything should be here by this friday and i should be able to have the motor ready to drop in by next week.
Old 03-27-08, 08:56 AM
'95_sc300
Driver School Candidate

hey how much is it costing you to do the tranny swap and all the other parts?
Old 03-27-08, 09:50 AM
redhanded7
Driver

well i bought a wrecked 6spd tt supra, so thats how i got majority of the parts. im using the whole 6spd subframe, trans, clutch pedal assembly and etc. so piece by piece, i wouldnt know how much it cost right off hand. all i know is that i spent a pretty penny so far and im afraid to add everything up, lol. i still need to get seats, cage, gauges, kit and paint
Old 03-30-08, 03:06 PM
trdlevin
Driver School Candidate

Was-up redhanded so how's the build going along did your sard rail come in yet?Well yea i hope this summer town side will be good i usually go out by rock piles bowls area.Where do you train at i got a friend that trains at ICON one of my friends is training a guy to fight mma.He entered at the O lounge fight about a month ago he won but just like any thing else got to work your way up.Sounds like you will be busy man world championships damm where is it going to be?Good luck on the build, training & surfing well if you get stressed you can let your stress out by choke-n some one out or just go surfing hahaha lol shootzs den have a good.
Old 03-31-08, 02:09 AM
redhanded7
Driver

sorry for not posting up pics. been really busy with my 2 jobs and jiu jitsu. i was able to get a lot of stuff done though.

-sard rail came in and its awesome. everything fits like a glove and with all my engine painted black, the gold looks nice.
-720cc injectors installed as well as the aeromotive fuel pressure regualator. all lines are done with earls black nylon lines and black and silver fittings. its going to be a dual feed and single return set up going to a apexi gtr fuel pump.
-i cut off the fakey wastegate flange and ditched the cheapy wastegate. welded on the tial 44mm flanges and got the whole waste gate setup done. at 30psi, i will feel alot more comfortable with a tial.
-hks bov welded on
-i added more metal on the turbo manifold i have. made a brace going from wastegate runner to number 6 cylinder runner. also added more metal on some welds that looked "soft"
-changed 6spd trans gear oil with toyota v160 oil. this stuff is really thin and doesnt stink like the cheap gear oil, lol
-installed a black turbo blanket......goes well with all the black engine stuff
-i also plugged all the water/coolant outlets that run around the engine. instead of using rubber caps, i welded them shut, thus eliminating anyh chances of leaks.

i was able to get all of that done in about 2 days. at this point the motor is ready to drop in the sc. im just waiting for a friend to get his car out of a stall so i can bring my car in and pull the out the old engine.

hopefully i can get the motor in by next week.....being that i only have 2-3 days a week to work on it and only a few hours at a time. when the engine is in, i can finish up some stuff such as.....

-install the motor and trans
-intercooler piping and a custom hot pipe for the turbo
-run all the vacuum lines
-install the supra TT rear sub frame
-install TT brakes
-get the driveshaft done
-install pedals and lines
-install radiator and fans
-hook up the ac
-and get started on the autronic custom harness

im pretty happy with all the progress and things are coming along well. i have the camera loaded with pics, but i might as well wait til i can get more stuff to show.
Old 03-31-08, 05:05 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If that is the SS Autochrome Manifold then you may have to cut and change the wastegate and dump piping to fit properly in the firewall. I had to change the angle of mine and make my own dump tube because I didn't want it pointing at my oil pan. yikes. Let me know if you want some pics.
Old 03-31-08, 05:08 PM
redhanded7
Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
If that is the SS Autochrome Manifold then you may have to cut and change the wastegate and dump piping to fit properly in the firewall. I had to change the angle of mine and make my own dump tube because I didn't want it pointing at my oil pan. yikes. Let me know if you want some pics.
thanks for the help. the thing i like about the tial 44 is that all connections are vband, so that helps out alot when routing the piping. i basically just mimicked the downpipe and had it point down, near the engine, but away from the oil pan. if possible, i would like to see some pics so i can compare my routing to yours. thanks man

Quick Reply: 2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...