Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-08, 07:05 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redhanded7
quick updates. i havent worked on the car for the past 1-2 weeks because i was waiting for the driveshaft to get done and because i am getting ready for a couple of jiu jitsu comps.

today i got a call to pick up the driveshaft. picked it up and it looked good. i was able to install the driveshaft and it fit perfect. also all the interior has been put back in. i also got the car to crank over and it sounds good.

all thats left is to install gauges, bleed brakes, install serpentine belt and thats about it. oh yeah, and to finish the exhaust.

the autronic harness should be done in a week or two, hopefully, and it will be tuned shortly after. the magic number i want to hit is 600whp.

i still have a bunch of pics on my camera that i havent had the chance to upload, but i will do so in a few days.
Did you take the ends from a stock TT driveshaft, and get a single piece shaft to mate to the 6spd? Oh, and good luck at the BJJ comps. You should have no problem with someone like BJ Penn in the neighborhood to train with!
Old 06-12-08, 04:07 PM
redhanded7
Driver

Originally Posted by BOOSTN808
I hear those serpentine belts are a Bi@tch?
hahaha, damn.....we went through about 6 different belts. thanks for the help. so hows your sc coming along

more updates......

the car is scheduled to be tuned this saturday. the harness is almost complete and i think we are going to fire it up on tomorow night. that way i can get the exhaust work done before the dyno. at this point im super excited, but also nervous. i just hope everything works out good, the motor stays together and i hit the 600whp mark. ill update with pics in a couple of days.
Old 06-12-08, 04:29 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't believe I'm just finding out about this today. Subscribed!

Looking good thus far. I see this is not just a hobby for you.
Old 06-12-08, 04:49 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Hey redhanded,

I was looking at your coolant lines for your turbo and your fuel lines. Is that teflon braided or steel braided? If it's steel, where in the world did you find that stuff. I looked forever! Everything is looking good man.

Jon

Last edited by 2jzlex; 06-12-08 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-12-08, 08:00 PM
redhanded7
Driver

its teflon braided. if it was steel, it'd be pretty cool. ive did a bunch of my cars with the steel braided but this time i wanted to change it up, and im happy i did. the teflon braided is easy to work with, non abrasive and looks stealth.

not much was done for the past month because ive been busy with work and training. but since the majority of compeitions are done, i can finally get back to the car. its hard to have multiple priorities at once.....with only 24 hours in a day, lol
Old 06-14-08, 02:36 PM
redhanded7
Driver

its runs!!!! start up was awesome. motor sounds good, and the turbo has a loud whistle at idle. we are heading to the dyno today, hopefully ill be back with good news. pray for me
Old 06-14-08, 08:32 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey congratulations! Everything looks pretty good. How much boost do you plan on using for daily driving?
Old 06-15-08, 05:12 AM
redhanded7
Driver

everything went awesome today. there was no problems on the dyno except for maxing out my 720cc injectors. the apex gtr in tank fuel pump proved to be awesome. with that single pump was able to do 635whp and 550 torque at 26-28psi on pump 92 and c16 mixed.

on pump 92 i made 450whp and 377 torque at about 10-psi. the pump numbers might seem low, but that how my tuner tunes. he makes up for it on the high boost numbers. i dont change through different maps, just one map with 2 boost settings. the motor was completely stock as far as internals goes. with some decent cams and bigger injectors, i think 700whp should have been reachable. but enough of what i could have made, heres my thoughts on the car and how it feels.....

the 6spd with the twin blitz clutch is alot louder and chatty that i thought it would be. but its fine to me, im used to daily driving drift prepped 240's. with the 6spd and the 6spd supra rear end, the gears seem short and i dont really get to 5th and th gear. on race gas, the power is awesome. it hits hard and decently early. perfect for the street scenarios. i get 300whp right before 4k rpms and pulls hard to 7k. if i had a scanner to put the sheet up i would.

all in all, im very pleased with all the money and time spent. i like to call my car somewhat of a sleeper. stock body, with just a drop and some black te37's. nothing that really catches anyone attention. also the surf racks throws people off.

thanks for reading my build thread. hopefully i can get some time to post the pics that has been on my camera for the past weeks. if you guys have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.
Old 06-15-08, 05:38 AM
status....
Lead Lap

glad to hear you got the car running good man, so did you get to see how it slides yet?

makes me want to get mine going even more
Old 06-15-08, 06:04 AM
redhanded7
Driver

i didnt get to slide it yet. i had my paddle board strapped to my racks, so i didnt want to chance anything. shouldve seen the look of the people when i rolled up to the dyno with my board on my car, lol. also there was a bunch of stuff in my trunk.

whats the status of you car? what you got planned?
Old 06-15-08, 09:02 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Nice build and nice writeup. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Have you considered any body upgrades? Maybe even a subtle 97+ OEM refresh. Makes all the difference and you'll still be sleepin on folks.
Old 06-15-08, 02:38 PM
redhanded7
Driver

Originally Posted by shern
Nice build and nice writeup. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Have you considered any body upgrades? Maybe even a subtle 97+ OEM refresh. Makes all the difference and you'll still be sleepin on folks.
actually i have. at first i wanted a vertex kit, but here in hawaii, almost every done up sc has that style looking kit. but you are right, the oem kit would give it a little more class and still not make the car stand out. i think ill wait awhile though, i wanna be able to drive and enjoy my car for the next few months. having it down a couple of months was hard enough already, lol.
Old 06-16-08, 12:51 AM
status....
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by redhanded7
i didnt get to slide it yet. i had my paddle board strapped to my racks, so i didnt want to chance anything. shouldve seen the look of the people when i rolled up to the dyno with my board on my car, lol. also there was a bunch of stuff in my trunk.

whats the status of you car? what you got planned?
first i gotta fix the bhg for now and maybe some coilovers and build the motor i got from you
Old 06-16-08, 12:22 PM
Cologne
Rookie

Sweet build, can't wait to see the finish product.
Old 10-27-08, 09:24 PM
pakiman626
Driver

ya so what happened to this car man i wanna see it.

Quick Reply: 2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...