Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-12, 03:25 AM
redhanded7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill have pics in the morning, but just wanted to update that I got a killer score today. Found a part sc that I actually got running because the only thing wrong, was a bad fuel pump ecu. Best part is the car had full black interior that was in near excellent shape. Spend the day swapping interiors from the 2 cars.....talk about alot of work, lol. In the end is was well worth it, car looks a million times better. To change my interior to black, it would have cost me over 2 grand plus shipping with the going rate of black interior.

Some interior pics of the "parts" car

and a before pic of my tan interior...ewwww
Old 03-04-12, 08:16 AM
DriftChris
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt know you were rolling like this man lol Nice build! Hey those dished wheels look super familiar... I think I saw Ueno running those in like 2000. What are they called?
Old 03-04-12, 10:21 AM
redhanded7
Driver

Originally Posted by DLA-USA
I didnt know you were rolling like this man lol Nice build! Hey those dished wheels look super familiar... I think I saw Ueno running those in like 2000. What are they called?
Haha, Ive always been into building track/race/street cars. When Forrest was still in Hawaii we would build some pretty killer rides. The previous car before this lexus was my 1jz s14. I wish I kept that thing, lol. Super fun car.

The rims on the car right now (the chrome, super wasted ones) I have no idea what they are. I didn't have any stock rims to roll on so I grabbed these out of my garage. They were nice and shiny a few years back, but sitting in Hawaii weather will do that to the rims.

I should be getting my rims sometime next week.....hopefully. I have a couple of sets of varrstoen to drift on, and a real set of te's for the parking lot, hahaha.
Old 03-04-12, 10:27 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Nice black interior that looks super clean!!!!!!!

Awesome build so far
Old 03-04-12, 07:40 PM
redhanded7
Driver

some pictures of the painting progress. Trying to find the time between work and jiu jitsu was interesting and tough.....especially since I was doing everything myself.

Pretty much what people saw when they drove by for the past week. I was spraying a couple of panels every other day to make sure I was able to hit everything....and since I have a small compressor.

My panel spraying area

these came in handy for the late nights.

mix station

After the panels were sprayed, I towed the car to my friends spray booth to finish off the painting.

The new sata gun layed the clear pretty flat which made it fast and easy to sand and buff

A buddy of mine putting in some work

Decent shine before wax and polish....which won't happen for a few more weeks. Wanting the clear to sit for awhile.

sand and buffing done.

as of right now

Gonna secure the front and rear bumper as soon as the weather clears up. When rims come in (hopefully tuesday), we have to play around with different sizes to fit the 19x9.5 +0 and 19x10.5 +0 varrstoens. On the street and drifting Im going to rock the cheap varrstoens, but for show Ill put on my real te's....besides the stickers and casting/forged numbers, you can't tell the difference.
Old 03-05-12, 06:37 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

looking very good!
how much $$$ do you have in the paint and materials? just curious.
Old 03-05-12, 11:11 AM
redhanded7
Driver

thanks for the compliment bro!

For paint and materials, here are just some rough estimates. I saved a bunch by doing everything myself.

materials - $100, which includes tape, sand paper, masking paper and little odds and ends.

paint - $500. that includes epoxy primer sealer, base and 2 gallons of clear, wax and grease remover, cleaner and reducer. Could have been cheaper, but I got 2 gallons of clear just incase. I would hate to be spraying then run out. That would suck.

$100 to use my friends spray booth for 2 days and about $150 for the tow truck to tow the car to and from the booth.
Old 03-27-12, 09:31 PM
redhanded7
Driver

been a little while since I updated this thread. Been driving the car around for a bit, but its soon going to be tore apart again. Been ordering a bunch a parts, and finally everything has come in. Gonna change out the turbo, manifold, exhaust, down pipe, mid pipe, intake manifold, injectors, fuel setup, intercooler and throttle body. Basicaly a full make over on the performance.

pics up shortly.
Old 03-27-12, 09:33 PM
redhanded7
Driver

quick pic of the full race setup minus downpipe and mid pipe
Old 03-27-12, 10:19 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. I love a nice quality turbo set up.

I wish they full race made a 1JZ mani. Idk if you already stated but whats the turbo specs?
Old 03-27-12, 10:38 PM
redhanded7
Driver

yes for sure on the quality. The plan was to rid the car of the inferior products that I tried to save money on when I first did the build a few years back.

The turbo is a borg warner s300 with fmw wheel. I went with the larger ar which is 1.10 divided. Geoff told me if I had gone with the .9xar, I could have seen full boost as early as 3500rpms and make just about 700whp. My goals are 500whp pump and break 700 with high boost + c16.
Old 03-28-12, 08:46 AM
Dms3603
Rookie

i cant see any of the pics....
Old 03-28-12, 02:03 PM
redhanded7
Driver

hmmm...I have it linked off of my photobucket. is it you or is this for everyone also? Are all of the pics not showing?
Old 03-28-12, 02:05 PM
redhanded7
Driver

test picture. please let me know if it works.
Old 03-29-12, 07:25 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

any more pics of the new paint completed?

Quick Reply: 2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...