Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

BEWARE of OSAKAJDMMOTORS.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 09:41 PM
HeyY0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S14eva1
were in FL are you?

there are a number of places down here you could have gotten the same motor at the same price with everything included....igniter,map sensor,etc
miami, where the boo boo are u finding sets for under 1500 lol

yea, cc company said ship it back and go from there, so hopefully....

my last 2 locals had bad turbos and headgaskets, figured if anything went wrong with this one, the money i saved would cover it. didnt expect the entire order to be wrong lol
Old 03-05-08, 03:15 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

osakajdm motors is NOTORIOUS for ripping people off. The threatened a supraforums member by leaving voicemail on his phone that they would rape his mother and kill his entire family because he opened a dispute with them when they tried to cheat him.

Search supraforums.com and supramania.com . AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Old 03-05-08, 09:55 AM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Uhhh....idk about y'all but whoever said that should be behind bars...lol.....thats kind of illegal.
Old 03-05-08, 04:46 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Man, you guys make me scared that my gte is a lemon . Hopefully they didnt rip me off because I haven't installed it in my car yet.
Old 03-05-08, 06:09 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks for the heads up, sorry to hear about your ordeal i've always been really nervous about buying swaps as well.

I've heard nothing but good from Jhot and luckily they are only about 1hr away so i can pick mine up in person.

A guy local to me has done a handful of 1jz swaps using jhot motors and he told me they are as complete as they come.

only problem is waiting on them to get motor sets, I'm still waiting on them to get more in so i can do mine..

goodluck getting everything worked out, i hope you get your money back.
Old 03-06-08, 07:57 AM
HeyY0
Pole Position

ok, i've received a full refund thru my cc company.

so i emailed them yesterday to request the RMA # so i can send the stuff back, this is there response

There is a charge of $350 for returning the shipment back
You need to pay that yourself
And also we cannot reimburse you for the shipping cost that we paid from here
my reply, "I dont understand. The $350 is a charge for? and how must it be paid?"

so i called them this morning,

me: calling to receive an RMA number for my order

osaka: a what?
me: a Return Merchandise Authorization #
osaka: for what enginge
me: my order number is ****, online it says i have to get an RMA# before returning the items
osaka: we dont have a return policy
me: so what am I reading online, it says right on your website "No returns will be accepted without an Return Mer..."
osaka: you'll have to call back in an hour and ask to speak to XXXX

yay, XXXX is the guy whos been stalling regarding my order this whole time
Old 03-06-08, 08:07 AM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

PM me your contact info.....I'll link you up with a guy that has some complete motorsets

btw: Does it say somewhere on the website that there is a $350 restocking fee?
Old 03-06-08, 08:15 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's what you do when dealing with these bastards. I dealt with Tokyo Motor imports in canada. They sent me a soarer engine a MONTH after I payed for it, after me calling everyday and yelling at them, and then they sent a ****ing supra ECU. It took me another month to get 80 bucks back that they said I could buy the ECU for. By pure luck I got a chaser ECU for 80 bucks which works. Also, the plugs to the ecu were broken, which I crazy glued, and looked up wiring diagrams to wire them BACK up to the ECU. Everything works now, but i'll be damned if I do any business with them again.

I'd just cut my losses. Get a harness, seems like you have the right ECU, and use the stock auto tranny cables and hook those up. Then it would be an issue of connecting the ignitor and map sensor, none of which came in my engine set either. (a flywheel or tranny didnt come with it either)

Try to squeeze some money out of them, but I guarantee you many of your efforts will be in vain. Do with what you got.
Old 03-06-08, 08:24 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyY0
ok, i've received a full refund thru my cc company.

so i emailed them yesterday to request the RMA # so i can send the stuff back, this is there response

my reply, "I dont understand. The $350 is a charge for? and how must it be paid?"

so i called them this morning,

me: calling to receive an RMA number for my order
osaka: a what?
me: a Return Merchandise Authorization #
osaka: for what enginge
me: my order number is ****, online it says i have to get an RMA# before returning the items
osaka: we dont have a return policy
me: so what am I reading online, it says right on your website "No returns will be accepted without an Return Mer..."
osaka: you'll have to call back in an hour and ask to speak to XXXX

yay, XXXX is the guy whos been stalling regarding my order this whole time
dude, just ship it back to them and have them deal with it. as long as you have confirmation (signature) that they received it, youre golden - no need to worry about their stupid policies as long as you got your money back. if they try to charge you for restocking fees just call up your cc company again.
Old 03-06-08, 08:53 AM
HeyY0
Pole Position

yea, 35% restocking fee

what happens if they dont sign for it
Old 03-06-08, 09:37 AM
HeyY0
Pole Position

called and spoke to XXXX

asked for an RMA#. hes like what for. Ummm so i can send the stuff back. so he gives me a number. ask him if he wants to kno my order number but apparenlty they got caller id and knew it was me.

could you send me an email with the RMA# so i can just print it off and ship it with it. - "just write it down somewhere and tape it on the engine" exact words

these guys are awesome lol
Old 03-06-08, 11:33 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

called and spoke to XXXX

asked for an RMA#. hes like what for. Ummm so i can send the stuff back. so he gives me a number. ask him if he wants to kno my order number but apparenlty they got caller id and knew it was me.

could you send me an email with the RMA# so i can just print it off and ship it with it. - "just write it down somewhere and tape it on the engine" exact words

these guys are awesome lol

fasten your seat belt, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
Old 03-06-08, 12:26 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the warning! I was looking at a motor through them. I bought it through another supplier luckily, we will see how it looks...
Old 03-06-08, 01:21 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea, 35% restocking fee

what happens if they dont sign for it

when you ship, require signature confirmation. someone WILL sign for it, trust me
Old 03-06-08, 04:12 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by HoeBag
when you ship, require signature confirmation. someone WILL sign for it, trust me
You shouldn't be charged any 35% restocking fee considering you did not get what you originally paid for. This is false advertising on their part and you shouldn't be charged for that crap. I would dispute that with your CC company as well. Also:

RECORD YOUR TELEPHONE CONVERSATIONS WITH OSAKA JDM MOTORS. Otherwise, they'll say "oh I don't remember saying that" and you get screwed.

Quick Reply: BEWARE of OSAKAJDMMOTORS.com