Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

BEWARE of OSAKAJDMMOTORS.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-08, 04:15 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Send it "C.O.D." and make them pay the shipping. As long as you can prove you attempted to return it, you're golden.
Old 03-06-08, 08:24 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, has ANYONE had ANY luck with them? My motor from them looks fantastic, without any real external flaws. Checked the timing belt, it looked golden. Spark plugs don't look discolored.

They got my order exactly right. I specifically asked for a 2jzgte from a Supra along with a 6pd wiring harness and ecu. I checked the water pump and it was, in fact, the clutch driven fan attached to the water pump. Even the pallet that they sent it on looks well put together.

I have not done a compression test simply because I don't have anything to crank the engine over with. Sorry to jack the thread, but everyone has me scared pantless. Is there any way to test the integrity of the internals besides doing a compression test?
Old 03-08-08, 06:36 PM
ppalamara
Rookie

Just beware most of these motors have been sitting aloooooooooooooong time so most likely the compression in one or a couple cyl will be dead or low from stuck valves. On my motor i had 3 cyl with 80 or less because of this and it was the exhaust valves where the cam was set at since pulled from the car. Just run it and use Chrysler combustion cleaner to get those valves to seat fully again. Some wot blasts will clear the **** out as well. Also most seals/rubber parts will be dry rotted to **** as well.
Old 03-08-08, 08:22 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, ...Osakajdmmotors.

I bought a h22a honda engine with a m2b4 tranny, from them. It was like brand new. Had a couple of broken sensors on it, but it ran perfect. Never had any leaks or anything. No tranny grinds, ..I even used the clutch that it came with, with no problems.

Then my friend ordered a b16a. It was pretty clean, ...good engine.

Then, my cousin ordered a Toyota 7mgte engine set, for $900 shipped. Was supposed to be with a r154. Instead, they sent an automatic. We called and they sent a r154, driveshaft, and a 5 speed ecu (we already had a gte harness.) Didnt charge anything, and we kept the automatic, and sold it for $150. The engine had AOT of gunk under the valve cover, but ran good.

I delt with a guy named Mike. Funny thing is, when I called for a price, ....it got $100 cheaper for an engine set every time a called (three times). I dont think theyre very organized, or professional over there. I guess Ive just been lucky.
Old 05-01-08, 02:33 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

How is da new motor treating u?? u went ghjost so that means its running good! lol
Old 05-01-08, 02:40 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an sr20det from them with a thrown rod and huge hole on the block. they wanted me to pay to send it back.
Old 05-01-08, 09:51 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a JDM 2jz-gte from them and it was seriously #%$% up. Oil was all over the place and the harness was brittle as hell. I had connectors pracitcally falling off and they advertised the motor with only 35k miles.
Old 05-06-08, 06:04 PM
HeyY0
Pole Position

they ended up paying ot have the swap shipped back. i got a call from my credit card company they other day about a 350 charge for shiping it back so i'll see how that goes. but right now its whatever.

Originally Posted by sc3VVTI
How is da new motor treating u?? u went ghjost so that means its running good! lol

running like a champ, nothing better than waking up to boost and a blunt....ahhh the good life lol just gotta drop it and finish up with the bpu

hows urs?