Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc300 w/ 2jzgte Running lean

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-08, 11:55 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by W1d0wMaker
looking over the vaccum diagrams, seems I am missing a vaccum controler right before the fuel pressure regulator, also when i remove vaccum before the fuel pressure reg, it runs rich at idle, and lean in boost, so unless someone says otherwise I am going to assume that missing this piece is not helping my fuel problem. i am also seeing some open vaccum hoses elsware not sure where they go, so i am currently going over my diagrams. I am also using the factory sc300 MAF sensor, not sure if that is causing any problems, but according to my diagrams and my research, the supra uses the o2 sensors to controle air fuel, the MAF is pretty much just there to be there. So please lend me your knowledge!
How is the Supra going to control the AF ratio with feedback from a 1.0v sensor? If that were the truth, the car wouldnt need a computer at all lol. It'd be something a Junior EE student could design for a small lab grade. IF you have a SC300 karmen vortex sensor, then its not going to work on a turbo ECU.... I'm unsure of the OBD2 sensor, I know its MAF, but unsure if its the same. Of course it outputs the same voltage, but I'm pretty sure the gain of the logarithmic curve is different.

Its pretty obvious you need help with the car, I'd be very very careful until you get it to a competent mechanic.