Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 Na --> TT Swap, INSTALL ANYONE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-08, 06:41 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we lock this thread already? This isnt a help wanted classified.
Old 04-23-08, 08:16 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mteele
Can we lock this thread already? This isnt a help wanted classified.

its for info and help. wanted to know exactly what i was getting myself into before i have someone start the process. Thank you for ur "help".
Old 04-23-08, 11:11 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Not a single place in your original post do you ask for help or information, with the exception that you want whomever you hire be able to tell you how they are spending your money.

The point is, this forum is here to discuss performance modifications to the SC300/400, not a place to freely advertise a help wanted ad. It seems like every day we have to deal with some ignorant kid like you who comes on here and doesn’t search for answers to the questions he is asking (which have been asked an obscene amount of times!)

Please search before you post next time, you save us a lot of aggravation and save yourself from looking so foolish.
Old 04-24-08, 05:27 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mteele
Not a single place in your original post do you ask for help or information, with the exception that you want whomever you hire be able to tell you how they are spending your money.

The point is, this forum is here to discuss performance modifications to the SC300/400, not a place to freely advertise a help wanted ad. It seems like every day we have to deal with some ignorant kid like you who comes on here and doesn’t search for answers to the questions he is asking (which have been asked an obscene amount of times!)

Please search before you post next time, you save us a lot of aggravation and save yourself from looking so foolish.
WELL, seems most searches turn up bull****, because most people reply without even having any kind of experience with the situation im referring to. that only speads more bull**** around the next time the question is asked because you referr them to the same searches that im talking about. If asking question to "know it alls" is what you refer to as looking foolish, then ill take that anyday, then to not have a clue about what i trying to do.

So you must know what im trying to say then and could you give me a straight answer versus searching. Will i benefit more down the road from Swapping in the GTE long block or does the GE have the Same potential for the Same amount of money ( use any figure, doesnt matter). Im looking for a clean stock running motor first then ill turbo to about 4xx-500whp pump gas and 6xx+ race gas. I know the trans (w58) wont handle it for long but thats on the list to do, but i cant wait for that because if i drive with some sense it should last maybe (r154 or v160 denpends on whats avail at that time).

Parts: What i mean is for instance, Greddy doesnt make a intake manifold for the GE. HKS doesnt make camshafts for the GE, yes they can be made by "??" whoever can make custom cams. My thing is quality, and alot of good quality parts that are made for the GTE aren't made for the GE motor. I know there are shops such as FSM that makes GTE style intakes and DaveH but those are custom parts not a mass produced product. Am i correct? I mean i know some parts are interchangable, but not when dealing with the Cylinder Head Parts those parts (flanges) are off and cost more money to modify them to fit. For the Set up i want i think it will be eaiser with a GTE motor down the Road, but i want to know if im right or wrong.

dont want to come off as ****. Just trying to avoid askign these questions in the future, instead of having 3 different answers
Old 04-24-08, 05:53 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

D@mn!!! I just typed a long response for you and it got erased. Long story short: turbo your GE motor. If you got the GTE motor, you would need a single turbo kit anyways, might as well just spend that same money on a GE kit and make the same amount of power for a lot less money. I am planning my NA-T build right now, and my estimated costs are about $4500 so far.

Dont worry about HKS cams or greddy manifold, etc. By and large they are a waste of your modding money. Getting custom cams, or an intake manifold from DaveH. Everything he sells is quality stuff. Also, dont be afraid to use "cheaper" compenents from kits like the XS Power.
Old 04-24-08, 07:08 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

thanks for being cool guys it's us(SC's) against them (everyone else *cough pesky 2IS owners*) lol
Old 04-24-08, 07:43 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you fellas. im gonna see what the GE can pull out of its ***. Do you guys trust the xs power 1.3mm Headgasket because i want to stay around the 9.0:1 - 9.5:1 c/r and thats the only HG i have seen to date for the GE thats not 2+mm thick. Any other reccommendations to sites that carry alot of performance parts for the Ge besides full-race etc( manifold is sick). thanks
Old 04-24-08, 07:51 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZION
Thank you fellas. im gonna see what the GE can pull out of its ***. Do you guys trust the xs power 1.3mm Headgasket because i want to stay around the 9.0:1 - 9.5:1 c/r and thats the only HG i have seen to date for the GE thats not 2+mm thick. Any other reccommendations to sites that carry alot of performance parts for the Ge besides full-race etc( manifold is sick). thanks
www.clubna-t.com

have alot of information on that site and is very helpful.
Old 04-24-08, 10:21 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

I am planning on using their headgasket, just make sure you use ARP headstuds when installing. They run about $160 from Boostlogic.
Old 04-24-08, 11:12 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 189 Posts

I have never ran a XS power metal headgasket.. but why not just go to Titans website and get the real deal? It shouldn't be too much more.
Old 04-25-08, 06:25 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

because i want to stay around the 9.0-9.5:1 c/r ratio and xs power seems to be the only ones that has that thin of a headgasket compared to the others. thats all. Its a street car no more than 22psi, ill be happy with that.
Old 04-25-08, 08:19 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Wait... Street car... 92/93 octane.. 9.0-9.5:1 ratio... 22 psi... Yeah, not gonna happen!
Old 04-25-08, 09:31 AM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fuzion,

If you can get to detroit, then I can help you install it. key word HELP you, since I dont do this for a living. But you will also need to do your research and make sure you have all the parts required for the swap including the engine.
Old 04-25-08, 09:37 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by joewitafro
Wait... Street car... 92/93 octane.. 9.0-9.5:1 ratio... 22 psi... Yeah, not gonna happen!
agreed kaboom although i have 2.5mm hg which is 8.3-1 and i have run 21psi on 93 octanne but exp spark blow out my hks twin power will cure that shortly
Old 04-25-08, 09:41 AM
joewitafro
Racer

you run 21 psi because you are lower than stock C/R. Stock is a 2mm head gasket bringing it down to a 8.5:1 ratio, and you will only be able to SAFELY tune 17-18psi out of it. Anything more and your tuner will be advising against it.

Quick Reply: SC300 Na --> TT Swap, INSTALL ANYONE!!!!!!