Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 Na --> TT Swap, INSTALL ANYONE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-08, 09:16 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to run 13-16psi on the street and 22+psi at the track with race gas. Sorry for the confusion. The turbo will either be a gt70(bb if money is right) 68 a/r or pte67mmbb .70a/r. i dont want a turbo that hits instantly because of gas mileage and tranny. Something that spools a lil later.
Old 05-13-08, 09:17 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

thats with 9.0-9.5 c/r
Old 05-13-08, 07:17 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

fuzion, it seems to me that the results you expect with the parts you speak of is why ppl here give you a hard time and tell you to search, believe me I was tired of hearing it at first but then you run it to all this useful info that you find on many different threads and boom it hits you no wonder they said it... either way ill try to help you... my 1j swap consisted of bare essentials and routine maintenance while the motor was out, I did not replace as many parts as some ppl do on here and performed all the work my self including all the wiring and still went pass your budget, you can do it with less but if you care about your investment do it right the first time... personally to me it seems you are interested in all the parts that are made for the 2jzgte cylinder head... so why not purchase a used turbo head have a good mechanic look it over before making the purchase, do a conversion to your motor along with a turbo kit pieced together for your power and driving needs. this alone will reach if not pass your budget. labor will be extra and only as reliable as the mechanic performing the work. however I think you should look into the 1jz soarer swap and doing it yourself the information you need is on these forums it can be inexpensive and would make a good learning experience for you.
Old 05-16-08, 08:13 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Thank You Sir
Old 05-24-08, 06:25 AM
VIPGarage
Driver School Candidate

lol, are you sticking to you decision to just install the turbo setup as you got it bro?
Old 05-24-08, 09:35 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

dont know because its xspower. what doyou think?
Old 05-28-08, 09:21 PM
VIPGarage
Driver School Candidate

I wouldn't run the turbo or wastegate myself. I have seen the manifolds do ok. If nothing else have it braced just to be safe and I always recommend coating.

Once thats done a good PTE or BW turbo, Tial or Turbo Smart gate and you're on your way. Feel free to call me at the shop again and we can discuss it more and share some ideas.

thanks for your time
Old 05-29-08, 09:27 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Nah Brah,
thank you for YOUR Time, i think thats what im gonna do.
Old 05-29-08, 09:28 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

ill call you sometime this week.
Old 05-29-08, 09:36 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 189 Posts

def. use a NAME brand (TIAL) wastegate.
Old 05-29-08, 09:49 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

I Might Go With Turbosmart
Old 05-29-08, 11:46 AM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Another extraodinarily great example of a thread I'd nominate to lock and delete as full on rehash of a exceptionally well covered topic. Nothing new, started by a newb who wouldn't read or search and frankly does not deserve the replies posted out of disrespect for the forum, imho.

There are better, more complete and insightful answers to these questions in original threads. Threads such as these make it more difficult to search for them and dilute the library of wealth on these topics just sitting here if only you'd look for them.
Old 05-29-08, 01:08 PM
chicagoSC
Driver

+1 for that

So far that all i do., search after search after search. tons of info here.
One reason i bought my SC
Old 05-29-08, 07:39 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup.

For the record: I've heard of more PTE turbos failing vs Mark's XSPower turbos (its a masterpower clone)... and I'm speaking of the turbos Mark himself has sold

And XSPower doesn't make a headgasket. Its a stock Toyota GTE headgasket.
Old 06-02-08, 12:21 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SCoupe
Another extraodinarily great example of a thread I'd nominate to lock and delete as full on rehash of a exceptionally well covered topic. Nothing new, started by a newb who wouldn't read or search and frankly does not deserve the replies posted out of disrespect for the forum, imho.

There are better, more complete and insightful answers to these questions in original threads. Threads such as these make it more difficult to search for them and dilute the library of wealth on these topics just sitting here if only you'd look for them.

yes im new to this forum and ********* like you rather write a damn summary of useless info then to just state the facts and be done with it. Most threads never stay on topic thats why i ask in a thread instead of searching and getting useless info, thank you

Quick Reply: SC300 Na --> TT Swap, INSTALL ANYONE!!!!!!