Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-08, 10:22 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twizted
Well lextreme built it! So quality is A1! and the manifold is richwood which is what everyone is running. Your comment upsets me because the kit is of the utmost quality and your basically saying something bad about one of the most respected members of this board. Check out www.lextreme.com some time if you would like to see quality!
you know what from what i seen looks more like he's pieced it together and created the kit from quality parts and maybe fabed the bracket..... no offense to him but it seems more like he's the vendor not the fabricator with exception to the bracket...i'm more or less stating that if its fabed and sold on ebay like most turbos i've seen people buy and bring to the shop that are from ebay tend to be cheaply made and have poor quality workmanship and are sold dirt cheap... I didn't imply directly to him nor did i ever say his work was crap... there are exceptions to everything but i state this as a general rule of thumb ... that you get what you pay for... and if you take insult to that then oh well. After all did i even say his stuff is crap? no i did not, all i said was you get what you pay for in quality.....so quit trying to jump on me when I'm stating a general rule of thumb iin most cases for example a motec comparerd to a cheap ebay knock off of the same thing....

Last edited by cbrasian; 09-26-08 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-26-08, 10:33 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrasian
you know what from what i seen looks more like he's pieced it together and created the kit from quality parts and maybe fabed the bracket..... no offense to him but he's the vendor not the fabricator...i'm more stating if its fabed and sold on ebay like most turbos i seen that are on ebay are cheaply made and have poor quality workmanship and are sold dirt cheap... didn't imply directly to him... there are exceptions to everything but i state this as a general thing... you get what you pay for as a general rule of thumb.... and if you take insult to that then oh well. After all did i even say his stuff is crap? no i did not, all i said was you get what you pay for in quality.....so quit trying to jump on me when I'm stating a general rule of thumb iin most cases for example a motec comparerd to a cheap ebay knock off of the same thing....
You implied it must not have been of good quality. How much would you like to pay for a supercharger kit? Do you know how much the best quality kits go for? How many have you owned? I have owned 3 so i can can vouch for quality of 1uz kits which pretty much now one can do on this board. I am saying it is of the best quality you can get unless TRD made kit for this base or something which they never will. So in conclusion my word on 1uzfe superchargers is law. Oh and my SC will blow yours away so NEENER NEENER
Old 09-26-08, 10:51 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

You implied it must not have been of good quality. How much would you like to pay for a supercharger kit? Do you know how much the best quality kits go for? How many have you owned? I have owned 3 so i can can vouch for quality of 1uz kits which pretty much now one can do on this board. I am saying it is of the best quality you can get unless TRD made kit for this base or something which they never will. So in conclusion my word on 1uzfe superchargers is law. Oh and my SC will blow yours away so NEENER NEENER
oh he built it eh so he's a manufacturer for vortec then ???? like i said he pieced it together....you know if you did research on me you'd know i'm a fabricator and a tuner and yes I do happen to know how much kits cost and I've built plenty of cars with much more whp than your car probably has and i have enough people on these boards as well as the supraforums to vouch for my work and quality control...you can attack me all you want i can careless about what you think of me... as for now your lexus can probably beat mine right now since its engine is sitting on a engine stand waiting for parts.... even then when its done you probably will becuase i have no intentions of racing the car its a daily driver for me all i'm doing is adjusting the power band a bit and thats it... if i was to build the car for drag and waste 30k in parts its not a platform I'd prefer to build on another supra maybe but not a sc300....and to resort to a petty neener neener my supras are faster than your wil more whp so right back at you lol

Last edited by cbrasian; 09-26-08 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-26-08, 11:11 PM
twizted
Instructor

Thats all irrelevant, I have 8 ASE's but I'm no fabricator so your more experience in that department then me. The point is you were questioning the quality, I know quality. Basically you were saying its fleabay quality parts for the price. Perhaps I put a buy it now for 10k and it would be quality. I just no quality and its a nice kit, the price I have it at is because I need money fast for some thing bigger and better.

I don't give a hoot if you care what I think about you or whatever. I was obviously just kind of being silly in my last post, let all just be civil we are all lex enthusiasts here. Its just the phrase "you get what you pay for" in the context you put it in, always suggests that its of bad quality. David does not send out anything that he believes inst of good workmanship and going to fall apart.

You see that by the things he sells and he is not just a vendor. I has paved the way for extreme parts with manufactures and machine shops to get us the best products. Oh and hes pretty handy himself if you have seen any of his builds.

Last edited by twizted; 09-26-08 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-26-08, 11:21 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Thats all irrelevant, I have 8 ASE's but I'm no fabricator so your more experience in that department then me. The point is you were questioning the quality, I know quality. Basically you were saying its fleabay quality parts for the price. Perhaps I put a buy it now for 10k and it would be quality. I just no quality and its a nice kit, the price I have it at is because I need money fast for some thing bigger and better.

I don't give a hoot if you care what I think about you or whatever. I was obviously just kind of being silly in my last post, let all just be civil we are all lex enthusiasts here. Its just the phrase "you get what you pay for" in the context you put it in, always suggests that its of bad quality. David does not send out anything that he believes inst of good workmanship and going to fall apart.

You see that by the things he sells and he is not just a vendor. I has paved the way for extreme parts with manufactures and machine shops to get us the best products. Oh and hes pretty handy himself if you have seen any of his builds.
exactly i got my 8 certs too as well and as a fabricator and as a tuner I have seen so much crap from ebay and I had not meant any offense to him nor to you its just majority of the stuff i seen on ebay is crap.... and you do have to agree with me on that....especially on the turbos and such.. and even so there are exceptions.... best thing to do is as always research what you want so lets just drop the war and get along after all we're here to help those that don't have the tech backgound like us.... not fight amongst each other... and btw my last line is a joke as well its late and i'm beat so the jokes may come off harsh

Last edited by cbrasian; 09-27-08 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-26-08, 11:29 PM
twizted
Instructor

Originally Posted by cbrasian
exactly i got my 8 certs too as well and as a fabricator and as a tuner I have seens so much crap from ebay and had not meant any offense to him nor to you its just majority of the stuff i seen on ebay is crap.... and you do have to agree with me on that....especially on the turbos and such.. and even so there are exceptions.... best thing to do is as always research what you want so lets just drop the war and get along after all we're here to help those that don't have the tech backgound like us.... not fight amongst each other... and btw my last line is a joke as well its late and i'm beat so the jokes may come off harsh
HAND SHAKE*
Old 09-26-08, 11:34 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

so anyways back on topic since me and twizted got it so far off topic ..... lol your honestly better off with a kit thats already made available and has been proven than trying to fab your own supercharger kit...... for bang for your buck wise but if you have deep pockets you could make your own I just wouldn't recommend it
Old 09-27-08, 12:11 AM
twizted
Instructor

On that note I have a m90 direct bolt on ready to go at 5 psi richwood kit for sale. lol
Old 09-28-08, 02:23 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

I really hope people actually contribute to the V8 performance than standing on the side and talk bad about it. If you think you have what it takes to make it better please do so and I will buy it from you. Otherwise, it is all talk and no walk. It is easy to say crap about the V8 parts especially when u have some many 2JZ parts available. Walk the Talk....

Think of this way... If you think there is a huge demand for the V8 parts... dont u think HKS or Greddy will jump right into it? I am just one of many individuals creating parts as well people in Australia like Neil Griffiths. If you can contribute to the V8 community that will be awesome.