Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My sc300 swap nightmare unfolds...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08, 12:33 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fastgst
I should go back to dsms, way cheaper and dsmers dont worry about being mad jdm yo. They actually despise jdm bulls**t.
Don't fret. There are way too many successful swaps on the boards here. You're now lettting the incompetence of your source dictate your views on the SC as a whole. Most swaps are plug and play. Keep the course and you will be happy in the end.
Old 05-26-08, 01:14 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with shern man, i just came from 5 years of doing the honda thing and when i first bought my SC i was getting really discouraged going through getting parts and getting ready for my swap and all that headache.

I stuck it out though cause i knew i had to at least finish it, and now that it's done, it's everything i wanted and more, it's by far my favorite car i've owned, sometimes it just seems like a little hassle cause it's probably easier going the honda or DSM route but these cars are so much nicer and cooler, once your done with your swap you'll be in love..

stick it out man it'll be worth it, my 1jz swap has been in my SC for only about a week and a half and the smile still hasn't came off my face, i find every reason in the world to jump in it and drive around, even paying 4.xx+ a gallon for gas lol, yesterday i went through $35 of just cruising lol
Old 05-26-08, 02:53 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you're making this look too easy and wayy sexy at the sae time keep up the work and cant wait to see the results :]
Old 05-26-08, 05:21 PM
LEXpert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...light=nagasaki

you'll need to register to view, but basically same issues that you had, and it seems that they never get it right the first time, and that it's a major headache and a lot of work.

there was one more i couldn't find, something along the lines of having an "engine swap" done, and they basically just changed the valve cover to a clean one in a different colour, and claimed it was done. Not 100% sure if it was them that did it though, so don't quote me on that one.
Old 05-26-08, 08:23 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

Originally Posted by LEXpert

you'll need to register to view, but basically same issues that you had, and it seems that they never get it right the first time, and that it's a major headache and a lot of work.

there was one more i couldn't find, something along the lines of having an "engine swap" done, and they basically just changed the valve cover to a clean one in a different colour, and claimed it was done. Not 100% sure if it was them that did it though, so don't quote me on that one.
I would love to read that, but i'm not getting the confirmation email for my registration. Can you email the text to me?

1fastgsts(at)comcast(dot)net

As far as quitting goes, like hell I will. I love learning and I will keep on learning more. I love the new platform. Its just a little irritating when someone gets over on you.
Old 05-28-08, 09:00 AM
1fastgst
Rookie

Oh god, the nightmare continues. I was just informed that Nagasaki motors went out of business. They still never sent me the parts to fix this motor. Im screwed.
Old 05-28-08, 09:25 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

You will soon learn that with the sc is a love hate thing. once you get it where you want it you will be in love .Im on my fourth sc and when i registered there was not alot of people willing to answer questions about the swap now there is lots of members on here that did it and have sucess.

I have no doubt your project will be sucessful .If you had the patients to build dsm then the lexus will be a piece of cake one you get famaliar with the chasis....after all Toyota is the best car on this planet trust me i know .
Old 05-28-08, 09:33 AM
Initial J
Driver

subscribed.

keep your head up bro, it may seem like it's all falling apart but with time it'll all come together. good luck!
Old 05-28-08, 09:27 PM
VIPGarage
Driver School Candidate

just stick it out man. At the end of the day they are awesome. I am a DSMer myself and am silently on the look out for the right chassis to build a sick SC myself. We have a mixed variety of parts at the shop from previous swaps so let me know if you need some more stuff, if not I'm sure I can help you track it down.
Old 05-28-08, 09:50 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

I also got a fuked up jdm 2jz-gte from this company and the shop is in the process of tearing down the engine completely.
Old 05-29-08, 01:19 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

Its looking brighter out.

Got my shipment from Champion Toyota today.

Waterpump is complete with backing plate. Awesome!!!!!
Gasket set looks cool, however I dont see the sandwich oil cooler oring, or the oil filter mount o ring included so if you are doing a build I would either save your old stuff or order new ones. I will keep my old ones because they are still flexible.

Gasket set is more complete than the Mitsu 4g63 one, and at 158$ shipped its $100 cheaper also. Looks like it also includes timing cover gaskets which I have never seen in a gasket set before. This is all a good thing!

The machine shop called me today, and the head is done. I will pick it up tomorrow and post pictures.
Old 05-29-08, 03:51 PM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Looking great man!

This reminds me of the build I went through earlier this year.

I installed a Jasper remanned engine into my 1988 Mitsu Starion

Long story short- the thrust bearing was bad in that motor, due to poor assembly at the Jasper factory..

The car wouldn't go into any gears. It was so frustrating..I troubleshot the clutch system for weeks and replaced every clutch component.

I finally found the bad thrust bearing, and I had to take out the motor I just installed. the crank was ruined etc..

I had the entire motor rebuilt after that.

I reinstalled the motor, and it ran like a champ.

Then I sold the car..
Old 05-29-08, 05:46 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great project you have there. I totally feel your pain about dealing with other peoples mistakes. Im looking to do the 2JZGTE swap in my SC before October. Im hoping I wont have to go through what you are going through. Although I do want to have everything cleaned up, machined, and inspected before I start going crazy with it. You're doing good. The end result will make up for everything. I'll be following through your path to see what I will be getting myself into. Keep it up!
Old 05-30-08, 09:07 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

Ok guys, we have seen a whole pile of parts and stuff, so lets go through a review of what happened today.

I got the head back first thing this morning looks great:

Yeah?

If anyone in philadelphia needs a machine shop, I use Mar's. They did an excellent job for me.

I couldn't wait till work was over to start assembly. I got off work at 6, and put roughly 6 hours of work into the motor tonight. The motor is pretty much fully assembled now. I did it all by hand, no air tools. I didnt really run into any problems.

I will probably put the upper pan on tomorrow, and the rear main seal housing. After that I will be waiting for the canuks to send me my wiring harness and other stuff that was damaged. I hope they dont mess this up.

Hopefully I wont have to wait that long. If I get bored, I think Im going to rip the trans apart and see if im going to need anything for it.

I have to throw the stock twins back on it for now because this so badly hurt my budget. Im well over 1k now in parts and machine work that I was not expecting. What a bummer.
Old 06-01-08, 06:09 PM
N1T3MARE
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice build man. Keep it up and keep them pictures coming.

Dee E.

Quick Reply: My sc300 swap nightmare unfolds...