Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My sc300 swap nightmare unfolds...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 09:55 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NICE.......
Old 06-04-08, 10:06 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

update:

Put the twins, and the upper pan on today. Still waiting for the harness and other misc parts from nagasaki. I think they are going to burn me. I have been trying to source parts that I need. I need a lexus part number for the lower pan, and pickup strainer to order that from my local toyota dealer. Anyone have those numbers?

I called JHOT today for a 1jz wiring harness, and they will only sell me a motorset. Anyone know where I can get the soarer 1j wiring harness from? I think im going to send my alternator out tomorrow to get bead blasted, and I think im going to order a new a/c compressor $$$ wtf. Dont need it to look ugly however

Oh well, when its all said and done ill have a brand new 18 year old car, whatever.
Old 06-05-08, 10:09 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats man....keep up the good work. When everything is said and done, you will have a real fun good looking car which still has class. GL!
Old 06-05-08, 11:34 AM
1fastgst
Rookie

I was just informed by nagasaki/osaka jdm motors that they dont have the parts that I need. I talked them into cutting me a check for 400$. 400$ wtf I can spend that in one night of drinking. Im sick of spending money on this and getting the runaround. I cant find a harness anywhere for this motor. Im about to give up on it. Pm me if interested in the motor or anything else.
Old 06-05-08, 11:44 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

do not give up just yet! i dont have a harness but you should be able to get something off ebay or on the classifieds here!
Old 06-05-08, 11:56 AM
1fastgst
Rookie

Nagasaki just told me how big of an as*hole I am over the phone. I hate this ****. Someone come here with $2100 and a truck and they can have the motor, trans and misc stuff. Im just going to buy a front clip and be done with it. Between spending money on starting a business and playing with this I just dont have the time for the stress and hassle.

215.900.8053 Call if interested.
Old 06-05-08, 12:07 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. That is why I would be so afraid to perform a swap on my car, especially when my engine is running really good. Like others have said, atleast you will have a beast when it is done. Also, you are very fortunate to have the time and resources to work it out
Old 06-05-08, 12:23 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

I can get the whole clip for 2800$. At this point I need the ignitor, ecu, harness, iac bypass tube, map sensor, tps, oil pan, pickup strainer, smic, piping, and other misc stuff. It would be better for me to buy the clip. They local place that sells them will start it up for me and everything. I just cant deal with the hassle anymore trying to source parts and stuff. I will probably sink another 1k into just getting the stuff I need to get this thing to run.
Old 06-05-08, 02:06 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

Nagasaki made me sign this bull**** to get my 400. Then they told me I wont get the paypal till monday cause their blah blah department was closed or some bullshi*

WTF. I think he is just stringing me along for another ride to chase down 400$ that I will never see. Im really thinking about taking my vacation early this year to go visit Mr. John at *****y motors in montreal. I hate these people. If anyone buys a motor set from these people after reading this thread I suggest you go get your head checked.

LEGAL AGREEMENT MADE ON 05/06/2008

This is an agreement made by Osaka auto parts which is the shipper

For a 1JZ-GTTE AT package sold to Matt which he paid around $1150.00

Including the shipping cost and the cost of the motor package.

After receiving the package, Matt has called Osaka for some missing and damaged

Parts and we both agreed of refunding back Matt $400.00 since he already

Located those parts elsewhere and we both close the deal.

We are refunding the money back to Matt through his paypal account which

The same email address mentioned above.

Please read it carefully, sign it and print your complete name and fax back to us

At 514 382-0333 or email us.

We are waiting for this confirmation in order to refund the money to you/

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
Old 06-05-08, 04:23 PM
spdngyns69
Driver School Candidate

damn man, dont give up just yet if you've already crossed the threshold and committed too much. AS FOR these crooks...i swear that they just take a *****, wrap it in a piece of paper and sell it to poor folks. 400$? thats a joke.
Old 06-07-08, 01:15 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man dont give up bro, you're almost there! i wish i can buy this engine tho man, too bad you dont ship.
Old 06-07-08, 03:47 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SickSC
man dont give up bro, you're almost there! i wish i can buy this engine tho man, too bad you dont ship.
I didn't give up. Im just gong to take a different approach. I may be able to ship, but I dont want anything damaged.
Old 06-07-08, 05:01 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fastgst
UUGGH, just got off the phone with these tards again. They cannot find the lower oil pan and pickup strainer for me. WTF. Can anyone sell me one?

I should go back to dsms, way cheaper and dsmers dont worry about being mad jdm yo. They actually despise jdm bulls**t.
Most people don't worry about JDM and go with NA/T. You can get same or better results.
Old 06-07-08, 05:12 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
Most people don't worry about JDM and go with NA/T. You can get same or better results.
I weighed the options of na-t over the swap. The swap would give me a stronger trans (I want to stay a/t), eliminate the distrbutor, and leave me with more upgrade options. Most na-t people go with ebay junk that would reduce reliabilty IMO. The non turbo ecu also has a timing spike that is very hard to tune out. My whole goal was to not have to go into the motor ie: change head gasket, but just to change the motor. Did not work that way. There is a great thread on supra forums about how a thicker head gasket will increase your detonation potential over running a factory thinner gasket. All of these variables and cost came into play.

Overall, I feel that going na-t has many downsides, and that is why I decided to go mad jdm yo. I did not know it was going to be such a headache. If I was to do it all over again, I would have just purchased a clip from the get go.
Old 06-08-08, 08:01 AM
1fastgst
Rookie

Ok, im tired of this whole thing. Found a ge motor for 500. I will be selling the car soon. $1200 take the wheels and tires. They have 0 miles on them 265/35/18 in the front 295/35/18 in the rear. May require a fender roll. They are brand new adr spartan rims.
You can find them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...m190226492651&

I have 600$ into the rear tires alone. They are toyo.

I will keep updated on the progress of the car. I should be blowing the money on my business, not this dumb stuff.

PM or call if interested.

Quick Reply: My sc300 swap nightmare unfolds...