Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My sc300 swap nightmare unfolds...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-08, 03:21 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am offically di*ked over by osaka/nagasaki motors. Email from them this mornng:

Hi there,

Research on what, we are trying to you solve your issue
with Nagasakijdmmotors, which they no longer in business
you brainless person don’t even think that you never paid
us for this transaction, the company you paid the money to
has been closed, you are an idiot that you are arguing with
us even though you never paid us
we are not going to do anything on this.
Go and find them and get your money from them,
Even though you call us, you will not get any more response
Good luck

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

What a bunch of as*fuc*s

I should have kept the dsm, with the money I have into this I would be in the 10s already in a dsm.
Old 06-09-08, 03:52 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fastgst
I should have kept the dsm, with the money I have into this I would be in the 10s already in a dsm.
While I feel that your rage is justified, I don't quite understand how you equate this madness with the Lexus SC300. The SC platform (The Supra's better looking twin sister) will get you where ever you need to be performance wise. It's not the SCs fault, nor is it the 1JZ, it's Nagasaki's fault. Unfortunately, you went with a wack *** engine supplier and it seems you have given up on the SC platform altogether. I don't quite understand how you've made that connection.

There are well documented engine suppliers on these forums, JHOT and JARCO to name a few, where folks get their engines with almost no issues. Nagasaki....WTF are they? So many plug and play swaps have occurred on these forums with no issues.

I followed your build closely and applaud the detail you've put in the rebuild. I was looking forward to your unveiling. It sucks you're giving up on the SC because when done up correctly, it's an amazing machine.
Old 06-09-08, 04:08 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am offically di*ked over by osaka/nagasaki motors. Email from them this mornng:

Hi there,

Research on what, we are trying to you solve your issue
with Nagasakijdmmotors, which they no longer in business
you brainless person don’t even think that you never paid
us for this transaction, the company you paid the money to
has been closed, you are an idiot that you are arguing with
us even though you never paid us

we are not going to do anything on this.
Go and find them and get your money from them,
Even though you call us, you will not get any more response
Good luck

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

What a bunch of as*fuc*s

I wanna see the conversation leading up to this email...
Old 06-09-08, 04:50 PM
Turbo?
Pole Position

hey bud if you are going to do bussiness with an importer, i suggest you this one... way better service.. they know there **** and they have amazing engines, and they will not be going out of bussiness anytime soon, and you can also bargain with them as well witch is pretty sweet....
www.japanpowerinc.com
or try
www.jdmskyline.com

anyways man good luck
Old 06-11-08, 07:40 AM
1fastgst
Rookie

Originally Posted by chanh55
I wanna see the conversation leading up to this email...
Here is the conversation:

Hi there,

Still no refund. Still nothing. I have done quite a bit of research on your
company this weekend. You guys do very bad things to people. I hope you refund
my money $400, so that I can move on. Its a shame, if this all worked out good,
I was going to be buying 1 motor ever 2-3 months. Damn shame you guys screwed
me so bad.

Notice that Im not belligerent at all.

Now, They came out of nowhere yesterday being nice refunding me the money. $400 isnt much but it helps. Seems like they lost their *** on this transaction, but I still feel that its not my fault at all.
Old 06-11-08, 08:06 AM
papodotcom
Driver

hey dont give up, i was on the same boat as you.. except... i was 6 months with out a car.
Old 06-11-08, 09:34 AM
1fastgst
Rookie

Originally Posted by papodotcom
hey dont give up, i was on the same boat as you.. except... i was 6 months with out a car.
This may sound dumb but its my only car. Im sick of bumming rides/borrowing people's cars. I have a ge motor coming from the junkyard on friday. Im going to throw it in for now, and put the project on hold until I either sell the stuff, or source the parts. I just really need the car right now. My job is in walking distance from home, but the shop im opening up isnt.
Old 06-11-08, 10:39 AM
papodotcom
Driver

This may sound dumb but its my only car. Im sick of bumming rides/borrowing people's cars. I have a ge motor coming from the junkyard on friday. Im going to throw it in for now, and put the project on hold until I either sell the stuff, or source the parts. I just really need the car right now. My job is in walking distance from home, but the shop im opening up isnt.
lol tell me about it, i went form having a car, to having to ask every one toeither leand me the car or give me a ride it sucked. i recently got my car back like 2 weeks ago or a week ago, i love it still has its bug, its a fkn gas guzzler i need to wire over drive [its killing my pocket] but just swap the ge for now ge everythign worked out dont sell the motor and then when you have everything drop it in it should take ~3 days to get everything done nice.
worst was my uncle. he blew the head on his supra, he just parked it there. 4 years later its still not out [getting tuned] but its fully built. sometimes, it pays of to wait.
Old 06-13-08, 06:21 AM
konspec
Driver

wow... this sounds familiar!! I purchased my SC in November of 06 and other then the 3months I drove it stock, I haven't driven it since. I think we all get these ideas that ...oh my swap with drop right in...nah my swap needs some parts but, I should have them in a week.... these are all things I thought and thought wrong. I will say this it sounds like you at the point of no return and you're closer to finishing the project then anything. There are companies that will make you a wiring harness if you get them the stock 2jzge harness. This will cost 650. I just hate to see this happen and crush someone’s dreams. I thought I would have a race car with a couple months work and after 5months in the shop for a cage and fuel system, now another 8months while they tried to figure out all the issues with the harness, I might get my car back next week! It seems like everything I estimated time for took 3 times as long. I ordered a power FC for a soarer 4 months ago and it just arrived! So....this is the name of the game when trying to be different...if we were in to convenience we would all be on a 240 forum. I hope you stick with it because I was set on selling the car and now that I heard it start and idle my love is rekindled and I will have the biggest smile ever when I take it for a drive.
Old 06-15-08, 09:08 PM
1fastgst
Rookie

Update:

Ge motor is in the car and running. Has an idle miss/sputter, once I fix that Im selling the car. Just too much headache. Glad I have something to drive in the meantime however. I think I will pick up a newer one at the end of the year and try this all over again, now with better planning, and not be to quick to rip everything apart and leave myself without a car like a moron.

I will be putting the 1j on fleabay to see what I can get. What a bummer.
Old 06-19-08, 07:42 AM
1fastgst
Rookie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=130232201833