Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Any ideas about this 7mgte clutch pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-08, 10:43 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rite on.. Well, the mk3 pedals are on the way, so I might as well keep them. I found a very helpful thread from "2jzlex", and hopefully my install will be cleaner than his, due to the fact that he drilled the holes first before measuring the assembly first. But of course someone brave is going to have to experiment this first in order for us to do ours correctly. Thanks 2jzlex..

And no, I'm not going to try and break even by selling the mk3 pedals for 300 ones. I really got a heck of a deal then huh ? I can prove it from Ebay too, 60 bucks, lol...
Old 06-21-08, 08:27 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JJsc3
Hey DUDE..., I ain't no cheap as alright? SC300 pedals are pretty rare alright DUDE? Quit trying to come up rude behind the monitor. And I ain't gonna pay no stealership that kind of money for brand new parts alright DUDE? I'm pretty **** right now, and the last thing I need is someone to accuse of being cheap.. So lay off and and don't even talk to me. You wana talk, email me [email]jjs3.

Hey DUDE ....lol relax im not saying your cheap so stop acting like a little kid (if you are a little kid then listen and understand what im saying) WHY hack up the firewall and try to fit a pedel in our car that was not even close to the jzz30 chasis when you can just buy it from any vendor or dealer.

The pedal assembly is about 180 dollars. So why do this when you can easily sell that to a mk3 owner and get the right thing for your car .It make alot more sense to me. But then again i do things the way it should be done . Others take shortcuts not worrying about the effects. Look at a mk3 pedal in a sc and look at blizzy's pedal he bought and you will see the difference.These newbs man
Old 06-21-08, 09:47 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc250tt
Hey DUDE ....lol relax im not saying your cheap so stop acting like a little kid (if you are a little kid then listen and understand what im saying) WHY hack up the firewall and try to fit a pedel in our car that was not even close to the jzz30 chasis when you can just buy it from any vendor or dealer.

The pedal assembly is about 180 dollars. So why do this when you can easily sell that to a mk3 owner and get the right thing for your car .It make alot more sense to me. But then again i do things the way it should be done . Others take shortcuts not worrying about the effects. Look at a mk3 pedal in a sc and look at blizzy's pedal he bought and you will see the difference.These newbs man
Well the Problem sc250tt, is that somewhere along the line someone threw it out there that an MKIII pedal assymbley and master cylinder would work without problems. They are very close to identical, just mount at slightly different angles. However, I think I was the first one to actually clear all that up with a definative writeup. I know that everything that I read said the MKIII setup was perfectly fine, that is why I went that route. If you do everthing right the first time, you are actually only cutting out a small part in the engine bay on the interior fender well. You have to cutout the pattern on the firewall anyway. If you cut one hole in the firewall in the correct spot the first time, then the other small area, then clean it up with some weather stripping, it will look like it was meant to be there. I don't know if I would call it "hacking", but I do know what you mean with getting the correct parts. I just had to find out the hard way..
Old 06-21-08, 12:02 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Originally Posted by sc250tt

OH boi.. now you're starting to be real funny, kiddo. Why don't you just say everything else here, but the part about the little kid. Come down to San Jose, CA, and say it in my face. I ain't even tripping kiddo. I dunno why are you trying so hard to aggravate people on CL for? I'm pretty sure you were quite mad about my response earlier to you, but let it be... I was a bit drunk yesterday; it's over with kiddo. Like I said, just email me @ jjsc3@yahoo.com if you feel lonely, lacking love, and want to talk to somebody. Let's not create so much drama on this forum, and especially from this great post. I know you're hoping for tag team, but those days are over with. What's next? Are you going to call up one or two of your CL buddies to back you up? Guess what? I'm no longer responding to you any longer, so there's no point replying. You can keep insisting on saying crap here, but that just shows how ignorant of a person you are. Grow up..
Old 06-21-08, 12:28 PM
35sc300
Driver School Candidate

Rite on.. Well, the mk3 pedals are on the way, so I might as well keep them. I found a very helpful thread from "2jzlex", and hopefully my install will be cleaner than his, due to the fact that he drilled the holes first before measuring the assembly first. But of course someone brave is going to have to experiment this first in order for us to do ours correctly. Thanks 2jzlex..

And no, I'm not going to try and break even by selling the mk3 pedals for 300 ones. I really got a heck of a deal then huh ? I can prove it from Ebay too, 60 bucks, lol...
60 bucks? . I just paid a ma70 member $155.00 for both the clutch and the brake pedals just last week. I want to see proof dawg.. Show me that ebay purchase, because I was monitoring this other ma70 clutch pedal on ebay just last night, and it ended at almost $190 (Item number: 320263416335), so I'm not sure what your talking about here.
And 2jzlex, you are the bomb bro. It is because of you the reason why I'm going with the ma70 pedals,!

Last edited by 35sc300; 06-21-08 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-21-08, 12:45 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Actually, I paid $59.99. See for yourself....,lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...D84%26_fvi%3D1
Old 06-21-08, 05:53 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

OH boi.. now you're starting to be real funny, kiddo. Why don't you just say everything else here, but the part about the little kid. Come down to San Jose, CA, and say it in my face. I ain't even tripping kiddo. I dunno why are you trying so hard to aggravate people on CL for? I'm pretty sure you were quite mad about my response earlier to you, but let it be... I was a bit drunk yesterday; it's over with kiddo. Like I said, just email me @ jjsc3@yahoo.com if you feel lonely, lacking love, and want to talk to somebody. Let's not create so much drama on this forum, and especially from this great post. I know you're hoping for tag team, but those days are over with. What's next? Are you going to call up one or two of your CL buddies to back you up? Guess what? I'm no longer responding to you any longer, so there's no point replying. You can keep insisting on saying crap here, but that just shows how ignorant of a person you are. Grow up..

I guess kiddo is the only word that your good at. lol, if you want the put a mk3 pedal in your car go for it, im just stating facts. You should rename this thread since your getting so disturbed about this.
Old 06-21-08, 06:12 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess what? I'm no longer responding to you any longer, so there's no point replying. You can keep insisting on saying crap here, but that just shows how ignorant of a person you are. Grow up..
Wise decision. Lets stay on topic. Next funny guy gets it!

I do all my own work. So I depend on a lot of the useful information I come across on this forum. There was one link I used to constantly check back on before I did my swaps.

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/auto_to...wap/index.html

It was pretty useful to me and I hope it becomes useful to you. In this one they do the auto to 6spd conversion on a Supra. Its the same idea minus a few steps. You'll see once you tackle the job. I'm pretty sure you'll figure out the MK3 pedal thing. Like someone mentioned before just drill the big middle hole and the top hole and then just kind play with the alignment of the bottom hole. There is a template there for you underneath all that insulation on the firewall.
Old 06-21-08, 06:26 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
[B][U]Like someone mentioned before just drill the big middle hole and the top hole and then just kind play with the alignment of the bottom hole. There is a template there for you underneath all that insulation on the firewall.
You've got that bassackwards.... ugh READ PEOPLE. lol jk. Once again........ here are the steps...
  1. Bolt the assymbley to the bolt hole underneath the dash.
  2. Once bolted, use the bottom bolt hole of the precut pattern on the firewall this will be the only cutout you actually use.
  3. Once bolted underneath the dash, and aligned with the bottom hole on the firewall, you will notice that it needs to be rotated. NOW cutout the top bolt hole and the center for the assymbley.
Old 06-21-08, 07:50 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

dude dont blame me because you dont have any fabrication skills or creativity. i am about doing it cheap as in not paying a lot of money to get it done. there is no need to flip out on anyone or call anyone a kid and especially call out people on not knowing what they are talking about. the pedal assembly will work. when you actually take your car apart and try to do it you will realize it.

as far as just reading and regergitating info...sorry i dont do that. i only do it if i know 150% that its true or i have done it and i know its doable. your degree or skill will tool may be a different issue. im not saying you dont know what youre doing but something that may be easy for me may be beyond comprehension for someone else and vise versa.

that said. dont waste your time getting another pedal and use what you have and make it work.
Old 06-21-08, 10:55 PM
JJsc3
Driver

That's what Ima do.. Maa bad though for venting earlier; I was a bit on the drunk side if you know what I mean. I did mention from my response earlier that I do in fact do the same sht too sometimes, and that's assuming something is true by simply hearing about it from others. I'm man about it; I admit it. No offense though bro, but from now on, I'm gonna make sure that what I know is 100% accurate before convincing others that it's true. And if I'm not too sure about it, I will indicate it to that person just so that he doesn't spend a fortune for nothing! In my case, it's only a matter of $60.00, plus I'm actually glad I got these mkiii pedals so I can now show off my creativity.

Also, you know what? I didn't call anybody names here; I'm simply stating the truth here, and I am dealing with a kid here. When people become a jerk to me, I've got no respect for these kind of people. And if they became a jerk in front of my face, which I know these kids wouldn't dare do, I'd break their faces; I guarantee it. A plane ticket, and a trip to San Jose will allow me to prove it to you. I ain't trying to be tough either; I'm just tough period,. I've seen enough of these instances where troublemakers try to test the waters by saying sht indirectly to instigate a problem between a few others. I call it, "tag teaming", lol.....(can't handle the situation by himself.)! And also, I don't think you've read enough of this thread, but instead you were simply too anxious to confront me because you were offended earlier by me venting at you for screwing me over. Why don't you look at what others write to me first before taking sides. But actually, I don't care who you take sides with. I don't know you, and I don't know the other kid too; I don't care about you guys, lol..

But on the other end of this, I don't give a rats crap about what's going on here. Honestly, I'm only here for info, because I'm going auto-manual, and NA-t. If it wasn't for that, I'd stick with the real world.

In conclusion, let's drop the freaking subject and be a man about it. But if you or the other one here chooses to prolong the situation, tag-team with one another, and cry about it with each other again, you can have this thread all you want. I'm out of here...

By the way, moderator, I think it would be a good choice to close my thread here. I'll start up another one without the interruption. Sorry for the waste of space.

Last edited by JJsc3; 06-21-08 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-22-08, 09:53 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

mods close this thread. its not going anywhere. info that work was given. info that works was not accepted. thats all we can do.
Old 06-22-08, 11:06 AM
35sc300
Driver School Candidate

Actually, I paid $59.99. See for yourself....,lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...D84%26_fvi%3D1
Darn it! What I paid is enough to buy almost 3 ma70 pedals.

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
mods close this thread. its not going anywhere. info that work was given. info that works was not accepted. thats all we can do.
You trippen mang... he's already asked the moderator to close the thread. Why you gotta write the same thang 4 mang? See..! You just like the rest of them, trying to encourage some more drama up in this house. I'm tryen to get maa pedals installed too, and we are the few up in here looking to do this same mod, so it'll benefit others too. Quit trying to stand up for urself mang. You just a maddog right now cause you got pimp slapped earlier, but he's already said he's wrong, so quit trying to step up. He might really break your face in person too, hahahah, j/k. And whatcha mean by work was not accepted. He's gonna stick with the pedals that you messed him up for buying. What ain't he listening to? Mang... I'm **** of this! I'm moving to Supraforums.com, hahahahh... Too much arrogance up in here. Lexus? So what? I drive one too, ain't no thang... I just love the 2jz, but I couldn't afford the Supra ahahhahahahahaha...
Old 06-22-08, 11:13 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
You've got that bassackwards.... ugh READ PEOPLE. lol jk. Once again........ here are the steps...
Haha! I just caught that. You've got it right. My way would have given you a crooked pedal and cylinder.
Old 06-22-08, 11:18 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Special request granted.

JJsc3 - I look forward to seeing your write up on the conversion using the MK3 pedal. Remember if you need help or anything feel free to ask. I live just down the street from you. Good luck to you.