Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Belement's SC300 NA-T Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-08 | 11:53 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tavarish
12x24x3 or 4 intercooler will sit low, mine sat low, and it will not look right without a 97 front bumper, or an SC400 lip.
Not true, it's all about how you mount it. We took angle iron, cut it and bent the ends down to raise up above the frame part that the crash bar mounts to, and welded it to the frame. My intercooler looks just fine with a '92 front bumper.

I'd post a couple pictures but Photobucket is blocked at work.
Old 05-06-09 | 01:46 PM
Belement
Driver

I've neglected this forum a little bit so I'll get up to speed on where I am.

My pipes are back from the ceramic coating and wow they look good.. pics below check it out

Was finishing up the return line and filling it up with oil.

So just an update on where I stand and what I've got done. Map ECU 2 is wired in and hopefully ready to go. I have the crank pulley tighted down along with everything else there and the serpentine belt on.

Turbo is bolted but needs to be adjusted to make the intake fit cause of that disturber cap. Have a turbo blanket ordered for the turbo even tho it is ceramic coated I thought overkill would be a great idea. I have the IC piping mocked up and am going to get that welded hopefully thursday friday. I wanted to weld more pieces then I have setup for but I'm afraid of not being able to get them back to where they are now, also I know I need some type of flex so the couplers will have to do.

Also got a turbo supra radiator and am converting to electric fans (2), I'm thinking that is gonna be pretty cool to have on the car. I know I will need light modification to the battery tray but other then that it seems to be a pretty good fit.

The intake side is really the last part that needs to go back together and hasn't due to my problems finding injectors. Good news is that I did finally get some from Alex at BPA and should have that side back together this weekend. Also got a FPR to help me hit the 500hp mark. I still need a meth kit and I'm liking devilsown so most likely will be talking to them for one. And a oil catch can will be installed as well. Other then that maybe a R154 on its way if the guy responds to me. But anyway ON TO THE PICS.

Enjoy

Last edited by Belement; 05-06-09 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-06-09 | 06:10 PM
Sc300drive
Driver School Candidate

Wow dude that looks really good!
Old 05-06-09 | 10:10 PM
sc300max
Rookie

Have you guys ever looked into getting a Ems Stinger Standalone you can piggyback them very easily to the factory harness and leave your stock computer and ecu running the gauges, idle control, ac etc. I have lots of info on that, I do a lot of wiring on the 2jz's and 1jz with the standalone. Pm me if you want some info.
Old 05-08-09 | 07:32 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Go Megasquirt 2 v3 EMS!
Old 05-11-09 | 05:41 PM
Belement
Driver

Well I already spent the money for Map Ecu 2 so hopefully that will do for the my power goals. Thanks for the comments
Old 05-11-09 | 05:55 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

On supraforums.com bunch of guys are making quiet some power with the map ecu 2, I'm like you bro don't want to spend $1500 on some AEM unit. I'll be keeping an eye on your thread to see how much you make.
Old 05-11-09 | 06:44 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Mark from XSPower was telling me you can simply leave your stock 02 sensor completely unplugged to have a more consistent tune with OBD I cars and piggy-back a/f controllers. However, I don't know how this affects power and ignition timing, does anyone know?
Old 05-11-09 | 09:22 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dejacky
Mark from XSPower was telling me you can simply leave your stock 02 sensor completely unplugged to have a more consistent tune with OBD I cars and piggy-back a/f controllers. However, I don't know how this affects power and ignition timing, does anyone know?
Yeah he probably learned that from mine and Ardmore's thread on SF. Let me set this straight, it works on OBD1 AND OBD2. As far as timing, don't think it makes a difference. What happens is the ECU no longer has a reference from narrowband, which more or less throws it into open loop under 4K. 02 Adjust doesnt' do jack ****, and cell changes to anything under 4K with be overridden (even under WOT) to reach stoich conditions. but when you disconnect it and make changes, it actually uses the value you input.

How's the Website comin Belement?
Old 05-12-09 | 09:51 AM
dumdumgreg
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Yeah he probably learned that from mine and Ardmore's thread on SF. Let me set this straight, it works on OBD1 AND OBD2. As far as timing, don't think it makes a difference. What happens is the ECU no longer has a reference from narrowband, which more or less throws it into open loop under 4K. 02 Adjust doesnt' do jack ****, and cell changes to anything under 4K with be overridden (even under WOT) to reach stoich conditions. but when you disconnect it and make changes, it actually uses the value you input.

How's the Website comin Belement?
very interesting...
2jzlex are you odb1 or 2?

also are you nat or gte swap?
Old 05-12-09 | 10:00 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dumdumgreg
very interesting...
2jzlex are you odb1 or 2?

also are you nat or gte swap?
GTE and 2.

Here's the thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...29#post6784429
Old 05-12-09 | 12:43 PM
dumdumgreg
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
thanks for the info
I wonder how well the stock na ecu will respond with this mod...
the gte one is already geared for boost. (so it should be easier to tune)
even if the part throttle/wot is tuned ok, there's always the issue with the stock NA ecu not idling right or stalling when letting off to coast when na-t.
Old 08-25-09 | 02:16 PM
Belement
Driver

Still no video since im always starting the car and my dad is watching for leaks and cant operate a camera phone. But I do have pics : ) I have a coolant leak on the driver side that doesn't start leaking till the engine has been running for like 2 mins or more so still trying to figure that out. But I have the exhaust ordered so hopefully I can get it drive able before they come. And dont mind the duct tape, that is until I get the clamps I swear.

Old 09-07-10 | 12:50 PM
tjcetanyan
Rookie

Any updates? Awesome thread.
Old 05-04-11 | 12:01 AM
dawhorl21
Driver

where did you tap the oil pan for the return line cause i am having issues getting around the headers and keeping a str aight line or something close to that.
Belement's SC300 NA-T Build-2011-05-01-22.12.27.jpg
Belement's SC300 NA-T Build-2011-05-01-22.26.22.jpg