Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My Mishimoto Radiator Experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-09, 10:49 AM
scturbo28
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megan racing

I have a megan racing radiator that i bought online for my sc300 which has a 1jzgte-vvti in with a r154 from a chaser, i was running electric fans and decided to switch to clutch fan set up which is way better , i bought 2jzgte water pump the pulley that goes in front of the water pump, clutch fan,fan blade, and tt shroud , also got a trd thermostat. I got the megan racing radiator because it was the best bang for the buck, it cost me 245.00 free shipping and it came with the radiator cap, most radiators do not come with a cap and they charge shipping . I believe my megan racing radiator is a 4 row and it is for a tt supra application but fit fine into my sc 300, the only mod i did was cut the batt tray a little and also weld about 1/2 inch aluminum rod onto each side of the radiator where the bottom nipples go into the brackets at the bottom because when i put the radiator in the little rods at the bottom only went into the hole about half way not even , so i took the after market raditor to a shop and they welded the rods on each side and now its perfect because it goes all the way in now. will take pics
Old 11-03-09, 11:13 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the ebay land variety (CXRacing?) for a supra. 3 row. Its a fatty but works. I had to cut the hell out of the stock fan shroud to get it to fit, but it was ghetto fabulous. After it finally crumbled apart I got a new supra TT shroud from Toyota and it went in with VERY little modification. Car runs ~18X pretty much all the time (no stat here in south florida). I've seen the mishimoto in person and while it looks nice and all, the ebay one works just as well for less cost.