Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

They're shiny and they came in today

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-08, 07:30 PM
Damned04
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They're shiny and they came in today *INSTALLED*

Im finally getting rid of my ebay cans. Hopefully I'll have time to get these installed tomorrow and throw you guys a soundclip.

Initial drive : It's about 50% quieter than it was with the ebay cans. You can really hear it after 3k, even with the 2.5 full piping it's equivalent to an axleback system in tone. Very mellow at idle and cruising rpms.

Last edited by Damned04; 07-30-08 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-29-08, 08:01 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

they look good man. make sure to get a full exhaust not just mufflers....
Old 07-29-08, 08:06 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have those on my SC400, true dual with x pipe no silencers. Sounds freaking awesome. Not very loud, but extremely deep and semi-exotic sounding.
Old 07-29-08, 08:19 PM
Damned04
Driver

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
they look good man. make sure to get a full exhaust not just mufflers....
At the forest preserve meet I had the full exhaust setup with two ebay cans that I never liked. 2.5 from the manifold, no resonators. Now i'm going to run the two maggys and possibly a high flow resonator where the midcat used to be.
Old 07-29-08, 09:04 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kyoso23
I have those on my SC400, true dual with x pipe no silencers. Sounds freaking awesome. Not very loud, but extremely deep and semi-exotic sounding.
Same here, the guy at the exhaust shop was like u wanna run straight pipes or something to make it loud and I was like nahh...I dont like the sound
Old 07-30-08, 05:23 AM
2JZSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kyoso23
Originally Posted by Carfreak70
Same here, the guy at the exhaust shop was like u wanna run straight pipes or something to make it loud and I was like nahh...I dont like the sound
so both of you have the similar set up that I might be interested.
even though I'm not talking about my SC but for my GS (hoping that doesn't make much difference in the exhaust config...) I have only the Magnaflows in the rear section only(I didn't do it). I was wondering if I were to delete my resonators in the middle but keep the cat: how much more will I hear. I love how my 1UZ idles in the garage right now (very very low hummmm) but nothing exciting to hear under a tunnel I tried to search in youtube, everyone is running something else like borla, l-tuned, etc. Maybe you guys can give me a key word or user name to search under?? I'd like to know how it sounds like.
Old 07-30-08, 11:54 AM
Damned04
Driver

pics up. 10char
Old 07-30-08, 01:08 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2JZSoarer
so both of you have the similar set up that I might be interested.
even though I'm not talking about my SC but for my GS (hoping that doesn't make much difference in the exhaust config...) I have only the Magnaflows in the rear section only(I didn't do it). I was wondering if I were to delete my resonators in the middle but keep the cat: how much more will I hear. I love how my 1UZ idles in the garage right now (very very low hummmm) but nothing exciting to hear under a tunnel I tried to search in youtube, everyone is running something else like borla, l-tuned, etc. Maybe you guys can give me a key word or user name to search under?? I'd like to know how it sounds like.

I will post up a clip one of these days, it's hard to actually hear what it really sounds like from a video though. It's hard to describe, just a very clean sound. Throaty but not really loud. I liken the sound of my SC400 to a cross between a G35c and an Astin Martin V8.

Here's a couple Lexus V8 with some Magnaflows, the first one sounds a little raspier than my setup though...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ESsh2IXAbkw

This one sounds pretty similar to my car (this car is effin' sweet by the way)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WojhdX0HQ2E

Having trouble finding a 300 with no resonators/cats w/Magnaflow but there's a few 300's of different models on there with Magnaflow. I searched youtube with "Lexus Magnaflow".

Last edited by kyoso23; 07-30-08 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-31-08, 03:06 PM
yauser
Rookie

Ahh.. Get it right bro. These are not "Ebay Cans", but they are Magnaflows! The Ebay Cans are ones made under the lowest possible cost in material and workmanship, and usually have brand names like Sport JDM, CX Racing, JDM's, etc... They look good from pictures, but when they arrive at your doorstep, it's too late.
Old 07-31-08, 03:42 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

now those are nice and did you use any hangers by the tips???
Old 07-31-08, 04:15 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by yauser
Ahh.. Get it right bro. These are not "Ebay Cans", but they are Magnaflows! The Ebay Cans are ones made under the lowest possible cost in material and workmanship, and usually have brand names like Sport JDM, CX Racing, JDM's, etc... They look good from pictures, but when they arrive at your doorstep, it's too late.
My intercooler is made by CX racing. But it should work decently well for what I paid for it.

Great looking mufflers. And I like the badging too!
Old 07-31-08, 04:19 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look great!
Old 07-31-08, 04:36 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Looks great installed. Nice job.
Old 07-31-08, 06:37 PM
yauser
Rookie

Originally Posted by OneJay
My intercooler is made by CX racing. But it should work decently well for what I paid for it.

Great looking mufflers. And I like the badging too!
If you tap on a Greddy intercooler, you'll notice how much more thick the metal is compared to CX Racing intercoolers. Did you get the one that CX Racing rates up to 350hp, or 400hp? In any case, I think those intercoolers will blow up at 400rwhp. A TT SMIC is even better. But who know's, I'm trying it too, .
Old 07-31-08, 08:28 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol. I don't even know which one I got. Its just the 3 inch thick one. I'm only making 257whp right now, then when I put that on and tune it I'm hoping for around 300.

Quick Reply: They're shiny and they came in today