Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TRAC issues still, replaced hose and bled

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-08, 09:54 AM
Shaar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRAC issues still, replaced hose and bled

I read a ton of threads on here via search button and tried to tackle this prob on my own.

My trac light was on when i bought the car, found that the small pressure hose was completely bubbled up. I took it off and the rubber literally peeled off of it. I replaced it with a new one, and 4 new o-rings ($100 compliments of the dealership). I bled both the actuator and the accumulator with the rear tires off the ground and in drive, no problems. TRAC light still on. I tried going back to rebleed the one on the driver side of the engine bay while in drive off the ground, and no fluid or air is coming out anymore.....

When i turn the car to the on or start position, there is a clicking coming from under the black TRAC SYSTEM box on top of the intake. It clicks repeately, then stops, then the TRAC light comes on.

I took vids and pics for some further examination. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Last edited by Shaar; 08-09-08 at 10:17 AM. Reason: underlined and bolded my main concern
Old 08-09-08, 07:25 PM
Shaar
Driver

Well......

I did some more reading to find that the fluid that came out the first time may have just been the discharge from the accumulator. And since i'm not getting any more fluid to come out, then it sounds like I have a TRAC pump issue. I'm not sure. I checked the codes, and i got a code 26 and 43 from the TRAC light, and a code 53, 54, and 55 from the ABS light. My ABS light does not stay on while driving, just the TRAC light.

ANY help would be appreciated.
Old 08-10-08, 09:46 PM
lexhere27
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so when you turn the engine on it makes a weird clicking or pinging sound, once the sound is over the amber TRAC light comes on in the tachometer? I had this problem and I had the pump replaced...still did it, they told me it was caused be more air in the system
Old 08-10-08, 09:53 PM
Shaar
Driver

Originally Posted by lexhere27
so when you turn the engine on it makes a weird clicking or pinging sound, once the sound is over the amber TRAC light comes on in the tachometer? I had this problem and I had the pump replaced...still did it, they told me it was caused be more air in the system
Yes, the clicking sounds then ends after a few seconds, then the amber trac comes on. After having your pump replaced, did you have the system bled correctly? Did lexus do the work?
Old 08-10-08, 09:57 PM
lexhere27
Pit Crew

lexus replaced the pump while I was out of town but I dont think they bled the system correctly. So I took it back and they bleed it again and I haven't had the problem return.
Old 08-10-08, 09:58 PM
Shaar
Driver

Originally Posted by lexhere27
lexus replaced the pump while I was out of town but I dont think they bled the system correctly. So I took it back and they bleed it again and I haven't had the problem return.
so replacing the pump and bleeding correctly fixed your problem? Do you know what codes you were throwing? I seem to be throwing many codes...
Old 08-10-08, 09:59 PM
lexhere27
Pit Crew

just listened to your video and my sound was not the same as yours. Could be the same problem or maybe not
Old 08-10-08, 10:00 PM
lexhere27
Pit Crew

After replacing the pump and correctly bleeding the system my clicking/pinging sound has gone away. I don't know which codes it was throwing, I didn't have a reader at the time so I let Lexus deal with it while I was out of town
Old 08-10-08, 10:03 PM
Shaar
Driver

what was your total bill if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-10-08, 10:07 PM
lexhere27
Pit Crew

roughly 6-700, but i received some compensation for their mix up on bleeding the system the first time. I think it was somewhere around 800 before hand. I did this before joining CL, I think it is doable on your own if you can find the correct information from the threads and have the tools and understanding.
Old 04-05-10, 08:00 PM
carbophat
Rookie

marked for reference