Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Na-t sc...........

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-08, 03:40 PM
al4nek
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with xs power kit, ebay ic piping, safc, head gasket, etc... with "cheap parts" you will be done in $2.5k, parts only, and you will be around 400hp
Old 08-19-08, 05:09 PM
xx69xx
Lead Lap

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...973&SearchYN=N
Try heres.
Old 08-19-08, 06:56 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

okay if the guy doesnt want to upgrade his brakes yet dont tell him to seriously you shouldnt have to upgrade your brakes unless you drive like a maniac..6k? should be done easily using quality parts

The most expensive thing should be the turbo if you already have the manifold?
my .02 cents is to go turbo, tune it moderatly for about 300 horsepower then save for either a 6 spd swap or a built tranny
Old 08-19-08, 10:53 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, the question was brought up in an argument we were having on nycmaximas.org.

He says SCs are dirt cheap to modify, and says he can get 400whp for 6k, including the price of the car.

I told him this wasn't the case, and the XSPower Kit, which is $1649, which is incomplete, would be the best bet, but there are many supporting mods that go into a build.

I went 1jz, but my costs are that of a decent single turbo build, and I do all work myself, and I bought my car for $400. Things will always come up, and these cars, electrically, are pretty complex and convoluted.

All in all, you can get a turbo "kit" for $600, which doesn't include manifold, downpipe, or anything resembling a quality kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO...spagenameZWD1V

If someone puts that on their lexus, god help them.

here's the XSPower Kit, which I'm considering for my 1jz. I'm also running XSPower parts on my car as we speak.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...spagenameZWDVW

..and I agree. Upgraded brakes are pretty much mandatory for stopping a moderately fast turbocharged 3600lb sled. Stock brakes don't cut it. Plus they look great.

Last edited by tavarish; 08-19-08 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-20-08, 05:00 AM
craaaazzy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by durtysc300
okay if the guy doesnt want to upgrade his brakes yet dont tell him to seriously you shouldnt have to upgrade your brakes unless you drive like a maniac..6k? should be done easily using quality parts

The most expensive thing should be the turbo if you already have the manifold?
my .02 cents is to go turbo, tune it moderatly for about 300 horsepower then save for either a 6 spd swap or a built tranny
no, OP doesn't have to upgrade brakes. he also doesn't have to get an intercooler, do headgasket, upgrade injectors, fuel pump, etc. if his power goal is seriously between 450-600, you have to upgrade parts. from a power mods perspective, yes, he can do it for $6k. you add safety and reliabillity into this, no.

i'm going to be like everyone else now and say SEARCH. how hard is it to get a list of components and start pricing the items? people have already suggested XS Power kit to start out with since they are the low cost option...add the other necessary parts to it and total it up.
Old 08-20-08, 05:21 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

I find it funny that people are always looking for a "cheap" route but little do they ask themselves how long a cheap mod will last?

If you want to seriously bring 400hp you need to keep reliability in mind. Ebay parts are cheap and plenty are to come by, but how long do you think it will last? If you slap on a kit thats worth $600 and making 400hp then it probably wont last long after start up. If you take you're time and put together a good list of parts that have been proven reliable and consistent, then you can make 400hp and KEEP it for a long time to come. The money spent on it will be worth it when you still have a 400hp beast that still runs 13s-12s a few years from now.

Really the best place to put together a parts list is here and clubna-t.com. Best place to find technical info, plenty of testomonials to Mark's XSturbo kit and reviews of parts set-ups and problems occurred.

Oh and upgrade the brakes, I would feel 1000% better if i knew i could stop 400hp from flying all over the place.
Old 08-20-08, 08:07 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

By the way, OP doesn't drive a lexus, the thread was started due to an argument.

This is the way it started:

His words:

Sc 300 = 1k-8k depending on year.... Na 2jz turbo kit $800-1500..........little tune here little tweak there and wala! 600hp sc/is300/gs etc........

Now ask anybody here that works on there car themself or if they dont, how much it ran them for parts/tuning everything to get there turbo maxima running???? ask some of the s/c guys (hard running s/c's only) how much it ran them........

When i was gonna do my cressida (with a 2j) it was gonna run me 5,500......and when i almost did the sc 3 months ago it was gonna run me around 6k (cosmetics included)....... My entire family has been riding toyota since day one and i been around those cars my entire life so i know a little something shun.........

Ps: Example........jic magic fla2's for sc or supra $750-900, jic magic fla2's for maxima.................$1,800-2,150......smh!

And thats fuking suspension..........smh!

Btw:custom jobs dont really count because most people in the tuner world pay shops.

The thread:

http://forums.nycmaximas.org//showth...t=36952&page=2

I'm not sure you can view it, but if you can, look through it.

Thanks,
-Freddy
Old 08-20-08, 08:13 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by al4nek
with xs power kit, ebay ic piping, safc, head gasket, etc... with "cheap parts" you will be done in $2.5k, parts only, and you will be around 400hp
There's also the matter of fuel pump, clutch, exhaust, COST OF CAR, maintenance/repairs, and shop labor. 6k? I dont think so.

Remember, this 6k figure was including cost of car, and a 400whp setup.
Old 08-20-08, 12:34 PM
al4nek
Driver

Originally Posted by tavarish
There's also the matter of fuel pump, clutch, exhaust, COST OF CAR, maintenance/repairs, and shop labor. 6k? I dont think so.

Remember, this 6k figure was including cost of car, and a 400whp setup.
That's a misunderstanding, he said $6k to turbo an engine, no tranny upgrade, no brakes,no exhaust, no cost of a car, engine only.
Old 08-20-08, 12:36 PM
al4nek
Driver

......... ...
Originally Posted by SHIFT...
No no no just the motor .............no brakes no fancy stuff all of that will come later, i just wanna know if i do the turbokit and get tuned and thats it.
Old 08-20-08, 12:46 PM
socal300
Driver

yes you an do it -map1 ecu ,walbro 255, rx7 injectors, tial 44m, get a generic bov wgaf, garret,turbonetics-turbo xs power intercooler ! you can do I believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-08, 12:48 PM
socal300
Driver

Default ooooooooooooo

and get tunned!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 08-20-08, 06:56 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by al4nek
......... ...
My mistake. the original argument was including the cost of the car. This guy's all over the place.
Old 08-23-08, 08:35 AM
SHIFT...
Driver School Candidate

Im not saying boosting a sc is very cheap! im saying boosting a sc is cheaper than boosting a maxima..........that means i spend almost 15k to get 600whp and you supra/sc lords can spend the same amount and get more.

Maybe you guys want a 1000hp daily driver but i dont........i think every man/woman/child in the tuner world should be very happy with a 500whp or base hp vehicle...........im not looking to break 10's on my way to work and im not trying to become john force jr (lol)

Certain things that you guys can get for good prices we cant because there is no demand for it, i mean if you think about it how many fwd family sports sedan are out there putting down 4?? @ the wheel???? .....

How many people say ahhhhhh man i cant wait to start my turbo or supercharged build on my max???? ...... not much huh??? so tavarish like i said to you before my family is big on toyota but me and my cousin are outcast he went to volvo and i love nissan.

I know the type of power i could make if i stop fuking with a maxima and do a gs/sc/is.......but ehhhhh everybody is doing it and i wanna be different.

And besides sleeper ftmfw!

I really didnt need to start this thread sooooo im sorry for bothering you fellas i already know that i can make the power that i listed above with the $$$ that i listed earlier in this thread but i just wanted to prove tavarish wrong and show him that he can make power with out paying john force $$$ (lol).

Thanks to those that confirmed what i was saying.........later'z
Old 08-26-08, 09:13 PM
Durrr
Lead Lap

any engine can make 10912091229hp... once...

Quick Reply: Na-t sc...........