Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NA-T or 1jz?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-08, 08:56 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 189 Posts

Have you ever touched a 1jzgte motor? Its one thing after another with them every time you inspect it.

Mine looks ok, but there was an eletrical short under the intake manifold. Almost EVERY single connector on the entire motor is brittle and the locks break if I even try to touch them. They didnt drain the coolant completely and it dried up inside the motor and is all nasty. The motor has been BEAT on. straight up driven hard as hell without much maintenance. Ontop of that, I got a chaser ecu with my soarer swap. wth.

I plan to let my brother use the 1jz and I am going NA-T. Do you know how much it would cost to replace every single one of these clips? Hell, it aint even worth it. It would be more logical to buy a few spools of wire and redo the ENTIRE thing. Its that bad.

for my NA-T i am actually thinking about just buying a TT head and wiring harness. Use the GE bottom end and put TT pistons in it. Much cheaper than buying a full TT motor outright. maybe! lol.

Last edited by joewitafro; 09-19-08 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-19-08, 05:42 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
wanna sell me your motor?
Its hydrolocked, idk how much of the block is salvageable. I'm thinking of keeping the head for a future 1.5jz project but still not sure.
Old 09-27-08, 06:18 PM
yauser
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go na-t and save yourself over a grand. Today's na-t kits are so cheap, it's almost funny. They work well too, Lol.. If you are thinking about doing a swap, you might as well spend an extra grand and go 2gte instead. But if you're debating between a 1jz swap or na-t, I'd stick with the na-t. All 2jz motors are awesome for turbo'ing, why waste such a motor with so much potential. I'm going na-t starting next Sunday, and will post my build up. Check my screen name on clubna-t.com.