Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Injector Upgrade, last time.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-08, 05:00 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Upgrade, last time.

So i know i posted some failed threads recently, but i'm just now starting to work out my situation, it's been pretty hectic. Right now i'm running na-t and i'm running lean. I NEED to upgrade to bigger injectors and i was all set and ready to buy the usdm tt fuel rail and 550 injectors but i just found out that they do not work with our cars as they are side fed and their may be an impedance issue. Anyways, i am desperate to get some bigger injectors soon, but i DO NOT want to go anything bigger than 550. So please no offers of 720's or recommendations of "just go for the 1000cc" i'm trying to remain conservative, i just want my engine to run right. SO, what injector, fuel rail, or any sort of setup would you guys recommend. I'm trying to stay on budget here also. I've heard of alot of na-t peolpe using the precision 525cc injectors but i can't seem to find much info on them, are they universal injectors? Also i've heard of boostlogic 525's but i only see injectors start at 720cc on their website. I'm wondering if i should be looking into direct drop in's for our sc300 fuel rail or go with a full rail upgrade as well. Please let me know your thoughts and what parts i should get. THank you.

Last edited by That-Guy; 10-29-08 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-29-08, 08:46 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

??? anyone???
Old 10-29-08, 09:45 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, let me break it down to you.

Injectors that work with the 2JZ-GE are high impedance, top fed injectors.

Common ones for people on a budget:
FC RX7 550cc injectors (red/purple top if i remembered correctly) - direct drop in, possibly modify the clip a little.
MK3 Supra 440cc injectors - required to modify clip and also a resistor box since they are low impedance injectors.

It is recommended to get the injectors cleaned, flow tested, and get new o-rings, since people mainly get them used.

If not on a budget then pretty much any high impedance top fed injectors would work. Look into daveh (boostwerx) they have a fuel upgrade kit for our cars. Also boostlogic, etc.

From what I've read about your car, seems like it needs a fuel controller. Do you have one? If not look into getting a safc-2 or any other type of fuel controller.

Also tip for you. Break your sentences down because that was way too hard to read.
Old 10-30-08, 06:59 AM
That-Guy
Pole Position

thanks for the great response, i'll take a look into all those, and i'll try and break it up next time.