Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Power Steering Reservoir relocation???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-08, 07:07 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Steering Reservoir relocation???

Sitting at work and thinking about my power steering pump as I will be replacing the seals in it. I was thinking about the tank itself and wondering if I could replace with a generic reservoir. I am not worried about location right now I am just wondering on the feasibility. I searched and did not see anyone do this. I was trying to find a whole pic of one to see if I could just run a line from the part that reservoir attaches to a tank. Any thoughts or am I missing it and it has been done before. This would also help with the need to buy a TT pump for a 2JZGTE swap.
Old 11-21-08, 01:13 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMEGOBY
Sitting at work and thinking about my power steering pump as I will be replacing the seals in it. I was thinking about the tank itself and wondering if I could replace with a generic reservoir. I am not worried about location right now I am just wondering on the feasibility. I searched and did not see anyone do this. I was trying to find a whole pic of one to see if I could just run a line from the part that reservoir attaches to a tank. Any thoughts or am I missing it and it has been done before. This would also help with the need to buy a TT pump for a 2JZGTE swap.
the supra and i believe sc400 use remote mounted reservoir's might as well just get one of those if you are gonna be doin a swap anyway