Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

The nightmare: Aristo Wiring Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-11, 06:33 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, at least you searched.

Get a Multi-meter ASAP.

A lot of the time, you just need to find a 12v+ to switch things on/off.

Resistance is used to check the condition of sensors, making sure they fall within the factory specified operating range.

In regards to the A340E, this transmission is solenoid controlled.

What does that mean for your AEM?

You need to specify channels for the AEM to switch on the solenoids.

S1 On = 1-2 shift

S2 On = 2-3 shift

S1 OFF/ S2 OFF = 3-4 shift

SL= Lockup converter solenoid.

What is that, three solenoids?

Oh and your problem can be resolved in your own post "Thefinn".

It seems to be a little more complicated then just OEM wiring conversion.
Old 08-24-11, 07:50 PM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thefinn
Hello Dudes!

I have a big problem i have now Aem stand alone system on My Toyota Soarer and a Aristo engine with aristo gearbox. But now i have a problems with the gears and don't know what's wrong. Do you think i shall take out all the harness and make a new one? Or is it someone here that can make a harness that fitt toghether for some cash?

It's my 3 year with the same problem and had some one to look at it and was so dam expensive. And i need the Automatic for my handikapp
I would just make a new harness and go from there. You can really simplify the wires you need and change the inputs. With AEM it makes it a lot easier than trying to splice together the Aristo and the SC300 harness.

The conversion is really simple, the hardest problem on this is the AC. I did the conversion and it worked (car started) then I moved to USDM Supra Auto harness and it worked (started) and now I am working on the 5spd swap so I went 6spd ECU and redoing the harness. Many things have taken me away from the car world but I am pulling myself back in.
Old 08-26-11, 09:01 AM
Thefinn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay today i needed to move the car to a garage for some paintproblems and other things. And the one will look at the Aem but this can i tell from driving. when i putt in D its go from 2 gear upp to 3000-4000 rpm and then you drop the gas and then it went to 4 gear. So it didn't get 1-3 gear. Is this just solenoid things that need to be look at then?
Old 08-26-11, 10:48 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If the AEM has three channels configured to switch the S1, S2, SL solenoids then yes, physically the solenoids might be faulty.

I read that it's not uncommon to have a shift solenoid's solder fail and short the connection.

If the solenoids are OK, then it is up to you to configure the AEM to actuate these solenoids in order to get:

S1 ON/S2 OFF = 1-2 shift

S1 OFF/S2 ON = 2-3 shift

S1 OFF/ S2 OFF = 3-OD (4th)

SL ON = Lock-up Torque converter clutch.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-11, 02:47 AM
Thefinn
Driver School Candidate

Can i ask a quick question that don't have with wiring to do? Can i use a Supra 2jz-gte gearbox on a Aristo engine? Or do i really mess things upp then?
Old 08-29-11, 03:38 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

yes you can use the transmission and no you do not mess things up. I think you need to go obtain a pinout for both harnesses so you can better understand and my a/c works awesome
Old 08-31-11, 02:23 AM
Thefinn
Driver School Candidate

Why is it easyer to use a harness from a Aristo GE then a Aristo GTE for this one? Should not the GTE and the Supra 2jz-gte harnesses be alot more like eachother?
Old 08-31-11, 11:04 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^Who is using a ge harness from an aristo?
Old 08-31-11, 01:45 PM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
^Who is using a ge harness from an aristo?
no one Can you even get a ge harness with an aristo
Old 09-02-11, 03:07 AM
Thefinn
Driver School Candidate

I think you can get it because it's a Aristo 3.0Q that had a 2jz-ge. But i was just reading first and second page and there it was many things writed about GE but maby they ment GTE Is there no one else that use a harness from Aristo do everyone use Supra harness?
Old 09-02-11, 09:18 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

people go a number of routes. The whole reason I started this was to bring intellect together and figure out this mess. For people that like to do their own work all this was was a puzzle. This is all based off using the Aristo GTE and using the harness that came with it. With not a lot of information out there I wanted a one stop shop to go to for info. I spent hours looking a schematics and lining them up. It is not that hard once you get into it.

Going supra harness does not buy you anything. Supra and Aristo are different and so is the USDM and JDM versions. Connectors to sensors and injectors are different and so is the voltage. You also have different "systems". JDM is off MAP and USDM is off MAF. Supra and SC300 AC systems are different (how they read voltage)

Anyway you cut it this is going to take some wiring. Have fun with it. If your goal is just to get it running with the least amount of money use the GTE harness that came with the engine, extend it, and swap out the body plugs.

Word of advice....Most people quit during a wiring job becasue they did not keep it clean and organized. They end up with a jumbled mess. It is slow, lonely, and quiet. Keep it clean and organized and you will come out with a great product. Cut 1 wire at a time and extend it.

Oh and about the GE comment...what you might have been reading is that someone used their GE harness and added wire to it for boost reading and used the GTE JDM ECU. You can do that if you are more comfortable with that. You just need to know what wires to add.
Old 09-02-11, 09:32 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ICONYQ
people go a number of routes. The whole reason I started this was to bring intellect together and figure out this mess. For people that like to do their own work all this was was a puzzle. This is all based off using the Aristo GTE and using the harness that came with it. With not a lot of information out there I wanted a one stop shop to go to for info. I spent hours looking a schematics and lining them up. It is not that hard once you get into it.

Going supra harness does not buy you anything. Supra and Aristo are different and so is the USDM and JDM versions. Connectors to sensors and injectors are different and so is the voltage. You also have different "systems". JDM is off MAP and USDM is off MAF. Supra and SC300 AC systems are different (how they read voltage)

Anyway you cut it this is going to take some wiring. Have fun with it. If your goal is just to get it running with the least amount of money use the GTE harness that came with the engine, extend it, and swap out the body plugs.

Word of advice....Most people quit during a wiring job becasue they did not keep it clean and organized. They end up with a jumbled mess. It is slow, lonely, and quiet. Keep it clean and organized and you will come out with a great product. Cut 1 wire at a time and extend it.

Oh and about the GE comment...what you might have been reading is that someone used their GE harness and added wire to it for boost reading and used the GTE JDM ECU. You can do that if you are more comfortable with that. You just need to know what wires to add.
Your are 100% the the easiest way do it i have done it a dozen of times Use the ge harness that car with your car ,that's running your car just add the ignition , map, ait , crank , cam sensors, and whatever is missing .

Do on wire at the time, if you don't like messing with wires or you don't know how the things work at the ECU don't do because you will frie you stuff.
Old 09-13-11, 07:08 AM
Thefinn
Driver School Candidate

this have nothing with Wiring to do but do you know any good Gearbox oil to use? Automatic gearbox?