Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ-GTE running hella rich, S-AFC 2 help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-09, 05:38 PM
purekoryo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Nope...... Lots of misdirection/misinformation in this thread too.
But the 2jzgte 3-wire o2 sensor will work?
Old 04-19-09, 05:02 AM
purekoryo
Driver School Candidate

ok, the o2 sensor is flanged so I had to jimmy rig into the regular threaded o2 bung, which is located about 6-7 inches after the turbo. Did any of you guys find an o2 sensor that is threaded instead of flanged that works on a 1jzgte? Anyways, after installing it, still no change.
Then I looked at the safc wiring and it was wired wrong. One of the airflow/pressure/karman wire was the pink one which was karman. So I switched the wire to pressure and the afr rised to 11.5 afr. Then I cut the wire for the pressure signal again and just wired so that it was back to factory spec, i left all of the rest of the wires in tact. It runs at 14.7-17 afr, but now it is running on four cylinders. clylinder one and four is not firing. I smelled no gas when taking the spark plug out and I swiched the coils around and the same cylinders still didnt fire, so I am assuming the injectors are clogged. I will be ordering some spare injectors and update you guys, but so far, any thoughts?
Old 04-19-09, 08:09 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'm trying to let someone else answer most of these since I am incorrect somewhere in this thread...

but yes, the O2 sensor I got working was a screw in type. . .and I still hit 14.7 at idle and when cruising.

as far as a problem...no clue, I'd say dbl check the settings to make sure it's on 6 cyl, but you said you were familiar with the s-afc, so i'm stumped. I do think that the Wiring for the Coil Packs MAY go 1-4, 2-5, 3-6...so that seems the be the logical connection between the two cylinders.
Old 04-22-09, 03:25 PM
purekoryo
Driver School Candidate

if the coil packs didnt fire wouldnt i smell gas on the spark plug? also, do you remember what o2 sensor you used?

Originally Posted by ConSynX
i'm trying to let someone else answer most of these since I am incorrect somewhere in this thread...

but yes, the O2 sensor I got working was a screw in type. . .and I still hit 14.7 at idle and when cruising.

as far as a problem...no clue, I'd say dbl check the settings to make sure it's on 6 cyl, but you said you were familiar with the s-afc, so i'm stumped. I do think that the Wiring for the Coil Packs MAY go 1-4, 2-5, 3-6...so that seems the be the logical connection between the two cylinders.