Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My NA-T project... for all you picture *****s(56k... doubt it)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-09, 10:17 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yooo bobby im lovin the setup man looks baller!!!!!
Old 01-14-09, 11:33 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
Thanks guys
The intercooler is matte black along with the turbo, downpipe, manifold, and the timing belt cover. I plan on eventually painting the valvecovers matte black as well.

Did you paint the intercooler or did you buy it that way ?? Looks good I always liked the idea and plan on having it like that in my project
Old 01-14-09, 01:43 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looking good!
Old 01-14-09, 05:37 PM
Karwan
Driver

Hey good luck on the project.. the parts i sold you as you could see are all fresh. Hope nothing was damaged during shipping. I wanted to check back with you but just been really busy trying to sell my car.
Old 01-14-09, 06:51 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Karwan: everything came undamaged, the only problem I had wasone of the bolts holding the downpipe in was frozen in there and i snapped the head off the bolt lol. After a quick trip to the exhaust shop, they got it out for me and everything was smooth sailing, Thanks.

I painted everything matte black with high temp (1200*-1500*) paint, it scratches easily but it works for now until I powdercoat everything.

Here's some pictures i took today of everything all wrapped up... enjoy:

Wideband:

My new touchscreen: (I also installed 4 new Polk Audio speakers, unfortunately no pics of those)

And finally... The car:

Last edited by CCC-TT; 01-15-09 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-14-09, 07:47 PM
Karwan
Driver

glad it worked out for ya. LMK if you need a FMIC.. i still have mine.. its also spray painted black.
Old 01-14-09, 07:57 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man nice car. i remember seeing you driving on the courtney cambell awhile back. your turbo was pretty loud iirc
Old 01-14-09, 10:25 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Karwan, thanks bro but i already have an extra FMIC, painted black lol, in the garage at home. Thanks for a great condition kit.

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
hey man nice car. i remember seeing you driving on the courtney cambell awhile back. your turbo was pretty loud iirc
lol i saw you and wondered if you were on CL but i was too busy trying to make sure the car was running right for the 4hour drive back to south florida. It was open dp and the intercooler piping disconnected, My ears rang all night.

Clean GS btw
Old 01-15-09, 12:16 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are those pics @ USF? lol I guess you are in town. Gimme a call if you want.
Old 01-15-09, 01:05 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Are your fenders rolled yet?
Old 01-15-09, 01:35 AM
ahhyes300
Pole Position

How's the Auto Na-t? I was going to drive mine auto for a couple days, and then swap the tranny, but decided I hated automatic, and started pulling the tranny before getting the thing to run. Is it as laggy as people say?
Old 01-15-09, 06:11 AM
forcefed86
Pole Position

Nice project! Similar to my own... I was running a BL auto, dave H kit,. Te-44 turbo.

Instead of saving a ton of money up and up grading the whole fuel system. If your on a college budget like I was, have you considered just installing a meth injection kit? (much cheaper than injectors and a fuel pump)

Just tap your IC up pipe and install a devils own progressive meth injection kit. I tapped the factory washer fluid reservoir (1.5 gallon lasts a long time!) and it has a low level light so I know when I’m getting low. I added 30% of additional fueling through the meth kit. Even with the factory HG and no timing control youd be good for 12+lbs I’m sure with your ability to control timing you could run 15-17lbs without detonation. You would just have to run a dual nozzle system with larger nozzle jetting.

I had a 2.5mm HG and 525cc injectors with an old VPC safcII setup (no timing control) and ran 26lbs of boost with no issues. (12.1 @ 114 ¼ mile)

As far as some of the other things being said I don't agree...

Depending on what your using the car for I'd hardly consider my 3400 stall BL auto "Laggy". I'd put it up against a manual in a drag race anyday! I'd like to see a manual car launch at 10psi off the foot brake! But if your not using car for straight line performance I'd prefer a manual as well.

Also don’t knock the NA intake! It actually distributes fuel and air more efficiently than the side mount intakes. Will produce more torque than the TT intakes every time! And if you use alcohol injection like I do it will distribute air/fuel more evenly to all the cyls.

Now I’m running AEM EMS and a te45a turbo (66mm). I highly recommend the te45a with .63 rear housing.(picked it up on the grand national forums for $650 shipped) Spools quickly and makes tons of power!

Last edited by forcefed86; 01-15-09 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-15-09, 07:50 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Are those pics @ USF? lol I guess you are in town. Gimme a call if you want.
nah... top floor of FAU garage. I'll be at USF friday though, is the causeway still happening on saturdays?... We need to go out to some meets or something when i'm back.

Forcefed86, I hadnt considered meth injection before. Do you have any idea about hpow much they go for? I think I'll look into this because a little more power would have kept me out of the ticket i got two days ago lol... 93 in a 65 on I-95. I tried to run but the State Trooper Charger kept up pretty decently lol.

Brian, the fenders arent rolled yet but the rears are about halfway rolled, a friends dad's bodyshop did a little before they got scared they would mess it up lol.

The auto tranny is a little laggy but its nice to be able to drive it like stock when i need to save gas.

I love driving a boosted car and I should be getting it on a dyno at the end of the month... shooting for a little over 300rwhp... keep your fingers crossed.

I tried to get an alignment yesterday because my front wheels have some bad negative camber, but unfortunately, the camber bolts are frozen to the control arm bushings so i'm stuck running through tires till i can get a new set of control arms and bushings
Old 01-15-09, 08:02 AM
Jrtoxic
Rookie

Great work bro, very good job on your project keep up the good work.
Old 01-15-09, 10:45 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

nice celan setup...good write up.

Quick Reply: My NA-T project... for all you picture *****s(56k... doubt it)